It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Tips Message Board

Getting rid of ACNE- What you may not know.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
fred5993
(male)

fred5993 HB User
Getting rid of ACNE- What you may not know.

Hey everyone! I started getting acne later in life than most individuals. I started getting acne when I first started college and it lasted for a good 7 years! I like to workout alot and I first thought it was all the sweat on my face and caused by not washing my face enough that. Well what I didn't know is that I was using acne products that were actually causing my acne! You see alot of these acne products contain artificial chemicals and acids that actually break your skins natural moisture barriers and they become more sensitive and then you break out! So the more the more I used the products the more I broke out! And then I would go buy more products to cure the new breakouts. It's almost as if manafacturers knew this would happen in a scheme to make money (I don't want to go there in this post though).

So what did I do to stop getting breakouts??
1. Started eating a more balanced ratio of alkaline to acid foods.
This included more fruits and veggies (mainly more veggies) which are natural and alkaline; and less artificial sweetners and sugars which are acidic.
2. Stopped using acne moisturizing creams and cleansers. I switched to all natural soaps and using chlorine free water to shower with.
3. Limited my Dairy Intake. Dairy is very inflammatory, and over consumption can cause more sebum to form in your pores causing breakouts.
4. Drink more water
5. Stop worrying about acne. The more you worry the more stress you have, and the more stress you have, the more cortisol you have in your system which can cause acne in a already sensitive area.
6. Having good hygeine. I started washing my bedsheets and pillow sheets twice a week. This helps ensure that dirt and oil won't clog your pores. Also I fought the urge to touch my face at all times. Washing your hands often esp before or after using the restroom is key.
7. Have a active lifestyle.
8. Use all-natural products. I stopped using regualar moisturizers and switched to an all natural aloe vera and neem gel moisturizer for my face. I use this everytime I get out of the shower even if it means I'm going to bed right after. I use to not moisturize before bed because I would always break out after sleeping, this is not this case anymore I always moisturize!
This is just a short list of what I could come with on the spot. If anyone has any all natural product recommendations please post them below! I am sharing this to help other people who have to deal with acne on a everday basis. I am pretty much acne free but I do get a occasional pimple from wearing hats and not remembering to wash my face (I am only human). But with these guidelines I hope everyone can get benefit with better skin and a healthier lifestyle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread