It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Acne Problem

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2015, 06:54 AM   #1
iamnicole
(female)

iamnicole HB User
Unhappy Acne Problem

Hi friends, i am nicole. I have been suffering from acne for past 3-4 months and have used about 3-4 different creams, but are went in vain. Now i want to get rid of my acne as fast as possible. Please suggest me any good natural cream or home remedy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
roxcyn
Veteran
(male)

roxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB User
Re: Acne Problem

Hi! Try a gentle skin cleanser, sulfur soap and Prosacea gel. Other members can help you with ideas, too.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
mmisty
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User

Try egg yolks for 30 minutes daily. My son did and it cleared up his acne.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #4
ilovehanners
(female)

ilovehanners HB User

Hi, I have also suffered from severe acne for the past two years. I have tried every over the counter cream and treatment, every brand, and nothing has worked. I've tried toothpaste,bakingsoda, you name it I've tried it. It was so bad that I was ashamed of my appearance and I would always wear my hair down just to hide my face. This isn't a home remedy but it worked wonders. I went to my doctor and he prescribed me 14 days of doxycycline, and benzamycin cream for my face. Doxycycline is an antibiotic which treats a wide range of infections (acne may be a symptom of another problem or infection) and benzamycin kills bacteria on your face dries up the acne. I didn't expect much seeing as nothing else worked, but within a week it had improved 95% and my face had been clear since. Its been three months and my face is still clear. Also I use neutrogena soap for acne prone skin, and neutrogona 3 in 1 face scrub every few days to exfoliate and remove dry skin. I'm pretty sure most insurances will cover the medications fully. I have medicaid and paid nothing. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Old 05-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #5
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

First of all, no acne product works in a few days or even a few weeks.
You stated you have tried so many things in the past 3-4 months? You will need to give whatever you try at least 3 months of regular usage in order to see results.
If you are really interested in using natural products, there are plenty of organic face cleansers, masks and toners available in the health food stores.
If you are more interested in using a product made specifically for acne, you can either visit your dermatologist and buy something they recommend, or you can start simple. Neutrogena makes a great line of acne products which do work! Or , you can use a more expensive line like Clinique. Stop by your local sephora store or cosmetic counter if you want to try some samples...

Your best bet with acne is seeing a dermatologist. Sometimes, a round of antibiotics is all it takes. Sometimes its your diet. Carbs, sugars and processed foods will encourage Acne. Cutting them out of your diet will help signifcantly.

I hope this helps!!

Closed Thread

Tags
acne causes, acne cure, skin care