It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Brown Spots on Arms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
    Shining
    (male)

Shining HB User
    Brown Spots on Arms

About two months ago I received blood work and after the fact I noticed that on both arms I have these brown patchy areas just below the crease of the arm.

I had blood drawn from both arms... I do not know if these were there before, but I noticed them after the fact and they have not gone away.

I have some health issues already but not sure if they are linked (CKD, Fatty Liver, Unknown autoimmune disorder, also DM) could this be linked to any of those?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-29-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Brown Spots on Arms

What you are describing sounds like hyperpigmentation (leftover pigments in skin) that results from trauma/bruising. This is common in lupus, and may occur in similar autoimmune disorders. It is not a problem other than cosmetic. I have lupus, and I have dark spots all over my shins. Every bump, I bruise, then the bruise turns brown and stays there forever. It's a cosmetic problem, mainly in summer, but there doesn't seem to be anything to fix it. With the CKD, have you had a kidney biopsy to see if that is from the diabetes or autoimmune disorder? Autoimmune CKD can be treated.

Last edited by ladybud; 10-30-2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: typo

Closed Thread