It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Under the skin lump/zit

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #1
    highwod
    (female)

highwod HB User
    Under the skin lump/zit

I am prone to breaking out...but have had what appears to be an under the skin zit in my chin area for a couple of months now..I have tried tazaroc cream/warm compresses etc but nothing works...I am getting kind of freaked out worrying that it is skin cancer or something. I go yearly for physical and just had that in November...everything blood work, etc. came back good.

I go and see a dermatologist next week but am hoping that it goes away before then...any advice/anything else I can do.

Another thing I have is in my chest area I have what my family doctor prescribed as a yeast infection (gross)..it is from when I work out and that area gets sweaty, etc....so I am wondering if that is related. So I have to use medicated powder, etc. and keep that area dry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Under the skin lump/zit

It sounds like a cyst and is probably not related to the yeast.

Cysts are hard, painful, do not come to a head, look like under the skin pimples or bumps, which never heal. They can be injected by a derm (it is SO WORTH IT) or they can be removed, which leaves a tiny scar. I just had one removed from my jawline and although I have a small scar, the bump is gone after 7 months! More active cysts, which do have puss in them but will not come to a head, can be injected with steroids...this flattens them out and makes them go away, takes about 2-3 days once injected.

Your derm will decide what is best for you. Good luck!

Old 03-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #3
    raedwald1
    (female)

raedwald1 HB User
    Re: Under the skin lump/zit

Hi i have always had good skin apart from the occasional spot coming up in teens ,im now 46 and 3 weeks ago had 3 big ones come up one side of chin and a massive cystic spot other side ,everyone kept saying its hormonal ,tried all topical creams like clearasil facial washes clear skin vitamins ,nothing helped spots were painful to ,then my daughterxsaid try some of this (teangi teatreeoil) i just put it on with a few drops on an ear bud and applied it directly it says about diluting but i didnt was fine went to bed and next morning had shrunk amazingly nearly gone now within 3days brilliant so yeah 100percent teatree oil hope this helps

Reply Reply