It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Folliculitis

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #1
Hermionegranger
(female)

Hermionegranger HB User
Folliculitis

I have been suffering with acne spots on my legs for 9 months now. They are large, painful, and leave ugly scars. The scars run down my thighs and up to the underside of my bottom. I hate them. I hate this. I cry when I think about it for too long, how ugly they are, how no matter what I do to stop it they just keep coming back. I've seen doctors, I've used medicines, I've spent lots of money on products that just haven't worked. I dread the idea of summer. And worst of all, I hate looking ugly for my boyfriend. We have spoken about it and he tells me he doesn't even notice it, he doesn't care, it's such a tiny thing that I have worked up to be a massive thing. But let's be honest; no one wants to see legs and bums be covered in big red blemishes, that's not sexy. It kills me when I think of his ex and how she is the perfect human (honestly not one word of a lie, she is one of those gorgeous blessed individuals who can do ANYTHING.) and it kills me that I can't be sexy for him. I don't care about having the perfect body, but it would be nice if my imperfections were normal. I just want to know if anyone is out there who feels the same way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2017, 11:55 AM   #2
Greeneyedkiller
(female)

Greeneyedkiller HB User
Re: Folliculitis

September of last year, i was diagnosed with Staph and MRSA.
I had HORRIBLE folliclitis which has resulted in many scars on my inner and out thighs, my butt, shoulders, stomach and face.
Some have slowly faded, but sometimes show up when my skin is cold. I STILL get painful spots on my legs usually caused when I have an ingrown hair. Half the pimples that show up on my face turn into folliclitis and take a while to heal. Sometimes, when theyve almost dried up, i can pull out what I assume is the infected follicle.
This ongoing battle has effected my life in SO many ways. Depression and anxiety haunt me. I refuse to be seen by strangers without makeup on.

With summer approaching, my husband picked me up Maderma intensive scar treatments for day and night. I do lightening masks on my face and usually put some Ozonol or Maderma on the scars on my cheeks and forehead.

*hugs to you*

I know how this battle can make you feel. I feel everything you said.

Reply Reply