It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Epiduo + Glycolic Exfoliating Cleanser?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #1
    Jabroni22
    (male)

Jabroni22 HB User
    Epiduo + Glycolic Exfoliating Cleanser?

After nearly 2months post accutane I have been prescribed Epiduo. I am interested in using a Glycolic Efoliating Cleanser but I'm unsure if it would be ok to use on the morning. If it's safe, how often should I use these. Is it a daily thing or like a once a a week type deal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Epiduo + Glycolic Exfoliating Cleanser?

You probably dont want to use Glycolic cleanser with Epiduo....its too drying and the two ingredients will not work together. Usually, its one or the other.

I used to use prescription acne meds on my face, now I only use glycolic cleanser in the evening, and a more gentle cleanser at night. I follow my nightly cleanser with a glycolic toner and oil free mositurizer and eye cream.

I suffered with adult acne for years, but suddenly my skin is normalizing. I think it started when I turned 40!

Old 06-10-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
    Jabroni22
    (male)

Jabroni22 HB User

Thanks for the reply. i will not use Glycolic in my regime until i finish with the Episduo.
    Do you think a Vitamin c serum in the morning and Epiduo in the night would be any better? i heard you can use retin A at night and vitamin c in the morning but unsure if it would be alright with the epiduo.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:44 AM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Vitamin C is great for brightening the complexion and helping to diminish scarring, vitamin C will not hurt your regimen under normal use, but I would check with your doctor before adding it.

Vitamin A or Retin-A (retinol) products should not be used with EpiDuo, it already has a drying agent in it, and adding retinA to it will really peel your face.

Wait until you are off all prescription drugs before adding in Retin-A, and then, get it from your doctor! Most of the over the counter Retinol Products do not have enough of the vitamin in it to make any difference. Retin-A is extremely strong, so use it as directed. Trying to use too much will cause Acne and peeling.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:04 AM   #5
    Jabroni22
    (male)

Jabroni22 HB User

Oh yeah don't worry, wasn't gonna mix Episduo with Retin-A. gonna try thevitamin C serum. Thanks for reply.

Reply Reply

Tags
    accutane