It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• accutane enquires

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-08-2016, 08:11 PM   #1
    allaleone
    (female)

allaleone HB User
    Question accutane enquires

I am a 21 year old female on my second prescription of Accutane.

I was 17 when I first took accutane (20mg) and I don't remember having any side effects or Break outs, it was so effective I was so happy. My acne was moderate and not really that bad but was recommended going on it by my Dermatologist anyways.

5 years later I have started breaking out again (moderately) and have lost a bit of confidence due to it. My skin wasn't that bad going onto accutane again (bad breakout being 5 pimples), however it was consistent acne that wasn't going away so my derm recommended I go back on it again at 20mg.

Anyhow, I am in week 5 of my treatment and I have had a bad Innitial break out in week 5. I was washing my face and the water was probably too hot and thus burnt through my skin eek!

I have had blotchy red marks which seem to be worse than the actual breakouts. The red spots remain from old pimples and are taking a long time to go away. I do find however, that popped pimples heal very quickly, it's just the red marks afterwards that don't go away.

I didn't react this much to the accutane last time, that could be because it's a different brand but not sure why it's worse this time round.

How long should I expect to start to see my skin clear after this phase? I have had side effects of very dry skin and lips for 3 weeks now.

Does all this mean my skin should start getting better quickly now?
    I'm a bit impatient and because everyone is different I have no idea what to expect again.

Would seriously appreciate any help/advice people can give me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    accutane