It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Zit that stays even when popped, Pus is darker than other zit pus.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
PepsiBoy428
(male)

PepsiBoy428 HB User
Zit that stays even when popped, Pus is darker than other zit pus.

I put acne ointment on my face and there's this zit on my face under my eye that's purple and won't go away, I popped it last week and noticed that the Pus was darker than other zits I popped and is thinner. then earlier today I popped it AGAIN with the same dark thin pus. It apparently refilled itself, What's wrong?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2017, 04:40 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Zit that stays even when popped, Pus is darker than other zit pus.

It sounds like an infection..possibly staph. You should not be popping these things, as each time you do, you are spreading it to another pore...

See a dermatologist. You probably need to be on an antibiotic at this point to clear up the infection.

MSnik

Old 04-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
PepsiBoy428
(male)

PepsiBoy428 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
It sounds like an infection..possibly staph. You should not be popping these things, as each time you do, you are spreading it to another pore...

See a dermatologist. You probably need to be on an antibiotic at this point to clear up the infection.

MSnik

Thanks for the response, My mom saw it and she said it's not Staph(Yes i'm 19 and still live with my Mom who's a nurse), but Thanks!

Old 04-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

There is no way to tell if this is a staph infection without blood work.
You would be surprised what type of bacteria shows up in zits. I just had a cystic type boil (zit) on my face, which would go away, come back, go away and come back...a blood test (blood drawn from it) showed a staph infection. I would have never known...

ANtibiotics cleared it completely up in 7 days.

Get it checked out. Otherwise, it will keep reoccuring, no matter what it is, and whatever you do, stop picking at it or popping it or it will spread.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #5
PepsiBoy428
(male)

PepsiBoy428 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
There is no way to tell if this is a staph infection without blood work.
You would be surprised what type of bacteria shows up in zits. I just had a cystic type boil (zit) on my face, which would go away, come back, go away and come back...a blood test (blood drawn from it) showed a staph infection. I would have never known...

ANtibiotics cleared it completely up in 7 days.

Get it checked out. Otherwise, it will keep reoccuring, no matter what it is, and whatever you do, stop picking at it or popping it or it will spread.
Well, this isn't big at all, it's small

Old 04-18-2017, 03:39 AM   #6
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pepsiboy
I dont know if yur name suggests you like Pepsi Cola or not, but lay off the sugar for awhile...sugar increases the chances of zits....
You asked for advice and my suggestion is that you go to a dermatologist where they can inject it and get rid of it for you. Big or small, if it wont go away and its filling up with dark blood- it needs antibiotics.

Good luck!

Reply Reply