It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Steriod injection questions:

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
anxiety27
(female)

anxiety27 HB User
Steriod injection questions:

Hello all. I am panicking. I hope someone here can help me. I had a chalazion (which is an eye lid cyst) on my bottom eyelid. I understnad this is an acne thread but I also know that these steroid shots are also given to those with cystic acne and I need help with a problem that they gave me.
I had the surgery to remove the contents in the gland but it was unsuccessful. It came right back. Long story short, my ophthalmologist gave me a steroid shot in the lid which brought down the inflammation but left me with a very light spot. The hypo pigmentation is confusing to me because it is NOT at the sight of the injection. When I left the office I noticed a discoloration on the entire lid but this one spot did not go back to normal. My chalazion was right in the middle of the lid, and the discoloration is near the tear duct. I am in panic mode. Will I be left with this de pigmentation forever? I have a follow up next week, but it has been a little over a week since the injection and I am worried. Please anyone help. Did anyone experience this after a steroid shot???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #2
anxiety27
(female)

anxiety27 HB User
Re: Steriod injection questions:

Nobody an help me.. no one ever got a steroid shot???

Reply Reply