It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Folliculitis help

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
Rosielove
(female)

Rosielove HB User
Folliculitis help

So, I've been dealing with folliculitis all over my body, for about 2 months.
The first time that it broke out, it was all over and leaving big lesions, when they popped. I still have reddish/purple scars from that incident.
I went to the dr. And she gave me a 10 day supply of antibiotics and told me to wash all of the spots with Hibiclense soap, every day. It worked and it cleared up.
But, about 2 weeks ago, it came back. I don't know why. I don't have the money to back to the dr. And buy another bottle of antibiotics right now, I especially don't really feel like doing that again, since it came back.
I've been putting rubbing alcohol on them, then ointment and antibacterial band aids, i also wash with the Hibiclense, but it's not going away, this time.
I'm also curious about what's coming out of the bumps.. this is kinda gross, but the pus that comes out, is kind of thick and fleshy, not soft or liquidy like the stuff that comes out of regular zits. It also has to be scratched out, you cannot squeeze it out. I know you shouldn't do that, but it just hurts so much and it's very hard to control myself, yes i know it's wrong, it's probably not helping the situation, but i know that it doesn't seem to be making it worse since i cleanse the area well, after. But, the pus kind of reminds me of the soft scar tissue stuff that comes out of my old belly button ring scar, sometimes. (Sorry, i know this is super gross.)
My questions are: how in the world do i get this go away and STAY away and why is the pus so weird and thick. Does anyone know what is causing this? Does it sound indicative of some particular kind of bacteria or fungus or something?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply