It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Which exfoliants to use with Benzaderm wash, adapalene gel and Hydroquinone

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2017, 04:55 AM   #1
Dpitter13
(female)

Dpitter13 HB User
Which exfoliants to use with Benzaderm wash, adapalene gel and Hydroquinone

I've been using all three products for months now, and they have cleared up my acne very well. The only problem is that they leave flakiness all around my chin and mouth area when I apply makeup. When I went to Sephora, they showed me an exfoliator ([Neogen] Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Lemon, 200 Milliliter, 30 Count) but I don't know if it's safe to use or if it'll break me out more, and I'll have to start all over. What I'm asking is, is it too harsh of an exfoliator to use or should I use something more simple?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2017, 06:22 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Which exfoliants to use with Benzaderm wash, adapalene gel and Hydroquinone

I would not use any of these exfoliators. The person at Sephora does not understand the use of these products you are already using.

You are stripping your skin, causing the flakiness. If you exfoliate, you are going to dry it out even further, causing your skin to produce extra oils to replenish what is missing. The products you are using already have Benzoil Peroxide and Adapalene, both of which exfoliate your skin. What you are missing is moisture.

You need to add some non comedogenic oils to your routine. A few drops of Grapeseed oil, found at a health food store is a really good choice. Just a few drops after your daily routine OR before bed, will give your skin that glowy look, without adding oil to your skin and causing it to break out.

Ive had acne all my life....once I started adding moisture in the form of healthy good for your skin oils to my routine, my acne cleared up and my skin looks great!

Dont exfoliate any further...you'll just undo the good you have already done.

Reply Reply