It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Small bumps on forehead- cetaphil?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
ggglll
(female)

ggglll HB User
Small bumps on forehead- cetaphil?

I'm 20 years old, and have never suffered from acne. Until the last couple of months. Very suddenly small pimples/ tiny bumps under the skin appeared on, and only on, my forehead. I have used cetaphil cleanser since I was 17 and have never had an issue. However, my sister recently discovered she has the same bumps and the only product we both use is CETAPHIL. I never thought cetaphil could be the problem because I've used it for so many years and have never had a problem? Is it possible that I could suddenly start to breakout from it? I also use the cetaphil mosituring lotion.
Doctor has given me duac to use, and so far it has been 4 days with no change. The only other products I use are light AHA/BHA chemical exfoliants once a week. I suspected it could've been follicutlis only because the bumps were small like in the photos I've seen, however I have zero dandruff and the bumps aren't itchy as well. I also did try Nizoral and this had no effect so I went back to treating it as "acne".
I have cut out dairy, sugar and gluten for the past month and have upped my vegetable/ fruit intake. I also drink 3-4 litres of water a day.
Any help or suggestions would be amazing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Small bumps on forehead- cetaphil?

Cetaphil is a very gentle cleanser; but that being said, it does contain oils. You may want to switch to a cleanser which contains salacylic acid for acne, and use the cetaphil mositurizer- because even with oily skin or skin which is broken out, you still need moisture in it.

You are also at an age where your hormones are going to go crazy every few years. You could be having a round of breakouts which will slow down in a few months, only to appear again in another year or so. Its natural in your teens and through your 20s for this to happen. It happens to some allot worse than others, so if you are only experiencing some bumps, consider yourself lucky!

Youve seen a derm. Listen to him and remember nothing starts working until you have used it for a month- so give the duac a real chance!

Good luck!

Old 09-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
ggglll
(female)

ggglll HB User

MSNik

Thanks for the reply! Do you have any suggestions for an alternative face wash and moisturiser? I want to steer clear of the cetaphil range as I feel like the moisturiser could also be a cause. My skin is so sensitive I think that the most natural option may be best. Have you used grape seed oil or olive oil? I read on another post that these are amazing...

Old 09-28-2017, 04:55 AM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi. Yes, I use grapeseed oil every night. I love it. You only use a small amount and warm it up in your hands and press it to your face. Its not something you absorb in, as much as pat it on and let the skin soak it up.

As far as washing my face- I use any neutrogena acne wash...its got salacyic acid in it for cell turnover and it seems to keep my breakouts at bay.

Olive oil is too thick- coconut oil is better. But no matter what type of oil you attempt to use, make sure it is cold pressed and from a natural health food store- dont use drug store type products as they contain other ingredients.

Good luck!

Reply Reply