It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Tea tree oil and acne

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
Mommy2017
(female)

Mommy2017 HB User
Tea tree oil and acne

For years I have been suffering with breakouts. Itís embarassing and a huge hit to the self esteem. Iím breaking out on my back, under my breasts, my armpits, my inner thigh, area where my underwear sits, buttocks, and under my buttocks. I have been to numerous doctors, did soap changes, natural soap, Medicated soap, etc. I got a norwex body cloth to have with exfoliating and recently got some tea tree oil. Which Iím noticing is already making s difference.

However, in my bath tonight I noticed some burning sensation after about 10 minutes of soaking. So I drained and ran a bath to rinse off. I added 6/7 drops to a full bath..did I add too much? Have much should I add? And how often should I be using it? Everyday is likely too much Iím assuming.

Please help. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2017, 10:25 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Tea tree oil and acne

You really do not want to soak in tea tree oil as it will definitely burn sensitive tissues- especially in the private area. Tea tree oil can be used full strength directly on the skin; however, it shouldn't be used for long periods of time at full strength as it can really start to burn the skin...

If you are using it to assist with acne, you might want to talk to your doctor about the best way to use it. I wet a qtip, then dip it into the tea tree and then dab it on the breakout. I never wipe it over my entire face, as it can really be irritating.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
Mommy2017
(female)

Mommy2017 HB User
Re: Tea tree oil and acne

I didnít have burning on the sensitive areas though.. mainly on my back and lower thighs. Iíll be in touch with my doctor this month, Iíll bring it up then. Thank you!

Reply Reply