It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Please answer: Can I use CP serum while on Accutane????

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2003, 02:33 PM   #1
cutetexan

cutetexan HB User
Question Please answer: Can I use CP serum while on Accutane????

I am amazed by the sucess stories on this board regarding CP serum, and I am also amazed by the claims the websites make on their pages regarding this product. I am willing to try it, but 2 things bother me:

1. I am on Accutane and my skin is sensitive. Is CP serum that gentle on the skin as they claim to be used even while on Accutane?

2. It says it quote: "Increases apocrine gland size and may increase sexual pheromone attractants" Increases gland size???? What gland? Oil glands? Accutane shrink the glands, right? What is apocrine?? Is that the same as oil gland? I don't want to have any oil at all. My skin is perfect as far as oil goes. SO....does CP serum increases oilness?

Thank you very much for reading it and I appreciate a lot ur answers and suggestions!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2003, 03:09 PM   #2
TimDream
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Lightbulb

CP serum actually decreases oiliness in the skin. It has for me.

Maybe you should consult with your doctor about using CP serum in conjunction with Accutane. You don't wanna mess with that drug!!

Old 02-27-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
cherrygurl

cherrygurl HB User
Hi I e-mailed the Skin Bio people and they said it is safe to use while on Accutane. I asked my derm too and he agreed that if isn't too irritating to me, that it shouldn't hurt my skin.

Closed Thread