It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne issues

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-24-2018, 05:41 AM   #1
    Gennyswiss
    (female)

Gennyswiss HB User
    Acne issues

Recently I am noticing a lot of issue with the pimples and hair fall. This is occurring because of my oily skin. The acne sometimes becomes itchy. What shall be the good options to go with?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2019, 05:48 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Acne issues

Gennyswiss,
    Acne can be hormonal (your age affects this) but hair falling out is not connected to acne. Itchy skin can be dry skin or it can be from something else.

If you are using strong acne cleansers, lay off of them for a few weeks because it may be drying out the surface of your skin and causing it to itch.

If you have the ability to go see a dermatologist, do so- they can help figure out why the hair is falling out. A good family doctor can also run blood work to make sure that your hormones and thyroid levels are where they should be.

In the meantime, try keeping your skin really clean and your hair as well. Use gentle cleansing products - nothing specific to acne for a few weeks. Also, make sure your pillow cases are clean; change them at least 2x a week. Oil from your hair can land on your pillow case and cause your face to break out when you lay on your pillow.

Natural products such as Coconut oil make great moisturizers for both the face and body. You only need a little bit as it goes a very long way!

Reply Reply