HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acne (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/)
-   -   Using Aklief (trifarotene) and Altreno (tretinoin) (Aklief replacing Differin) (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/1049544-using-aklief-trifarotene-altreno-tretinoin-aklief-replacing-differin.html)

mmaryland18 05-25-2020 06:48 PM

Using Aklief (trifarotene) and Altreno (tretinoin) (Aklief replacing Differin)

Hi everyone my name is Mike, I am 24 and this will my first post on Healthboards.

I wanted to first get to my question about using Aklief (0.005% trifarotene), a newly approved and fourth generation retinoid, during the daytime or after I was my face in the morning and then using Altreno (0.05% tretinoin lotion) on my nose and face after washing my face at night. I currently use Differin (0.3% adapalene) and Altreno on my nose only in the morning and Altreno at night without any problems. I've just never tried or used Akllief (trifarotene) so I don't know if it or isn't contraindicated with tretinoin and there isn't much discussion by patients online or research/trials because of how new Aklief is (I think it just got released in 2020 and approved by FDA in 2019).

My current total facial regimen is

AM: Obagi gentle cleanser, 15 mins to dry, Clindamycin 1% topical wipe, 15 mins, Finacea 15% (use maybe a few times a month for acute acne pimples/inflammation), 15 mins, Differin 0.3% to my entire face and Altreno 0.005% to my nose because I have larger pores and blackheads on my nose. After maybe half an hour after of letting all the topical Rx treatments absorb, I use Obagi facial moisturizer 20% glycerin on my whole face

PM: Obagi gentle cleanser, 15 mins to dry, Altreno 0.005% to my face and nose. Again, after maybe half an hour after of letting all the topical Rx treatments absorb, I use Obagi facial moisturizer 20% glycerin on my entire face

Anyways back to my original question, does anyone have any experience using Aklief (trifarotene) at all, with or without using it in combination treatment with other retinoids or Rx acne topicals such as adapalene, tretinoin, or tazorac? If you have any feedback on Aklief I would love to hear it anyways even if you don't have anything advice on using it along with Altreno (tretinoin). I am thinking of asking my dermatologist of using Aklief in the AM and PM if it is super effective, but I do LOVE how Altreno combines tretinoin with amazing moisturizers and really minimizes irritation side effects such as dryness, scaling, burning sensations or peeling. It seems like, from my research, like Aklief is going to be revolutionary in Dermatology w/r/t acne vulgaris and will have tons of other benefits that are not yet known due to how new is it. I used Aklief in the morning instead of Differin for the first time and I am going to use my Altreno tonight, see how it goes, and report back in a week or so. In the meantine, any feedback is appreciated and if you have any questions for me don't hesitate to reply and ask me anything.