It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

under control..but my back sucks

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2003, 11:17 AM   #1
~Erin~

~Erin~ HB User
Post under control..but my back sucks

my acne has been pretty much undercontrol from Aloe Gel.. i just started using lemon juice also today.. i read in one post how much it seems to be helping people.. BUT my back is soo ugly and it hurts. I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen and I've heard that this can clear up a back in a month..is that true? My back acne is moderate and I hate changing in the lockerroom at school because i know people stare at my back..can anyone help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2003, 12:28 PM   #2
Testament
Veteran

Testament HB User
Well, I can say I know how you feel. I have moderate acne on my shoulders, back, chest and a bit on my upper arms. Its very uncomfortable when sleeping sometimes and when I get into bed I always feel like I am irritating it but what can i do... As for the tetracycline (I think thats what you mentioned). I was on it for 3 months with no improvement to anything. I am currently doing the lemon juice/aloe vera gel thing but I am having no results on my face or other-wise. Been doing it for about 8-9 days now. I also drink aloe vera juice which I've heard is good as well. Let us know how you fair... I always thought my face acne would be the last to go.

Old 02-25-2003, 12:56 PM   #3
DenverGal
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
Have you tried washing your hair with Head and Shoulders? I know this sounds wacky, but I started to use it and my back and chest have cleared up completely. I also periodically wash my face with it in the shower (but avoid your eyes... this hurts!) Good luck.

Old 02-25-2003, 09:23 PM   #4
~Erin~

~Erin~ HB User
yes i even tried washing my BACK with Head and Shoulders..still didnt work

Old 02-26-2003, 09:13 AM   #5
too old for this
(female)

too old for this HB User
I can relate. Antiobiotics have cleared my face up pretty well but the bacne is still there. I finally tried BP. I was reluctant to use it because it can bleach fabrics, but I decided I'd rather have bleached pj's than zits. It's very harsh on my skin, so I only use it at night and only a little dab on the spots themselves. (Neutrogena on the spot cream, 2.5%). It's helping the bumps subside slowly. It does make the area red though.

It's embarrassing at the gym to change. It seems like everyone there has clear skin on their backs except me. It's so FRUSTRATING -- I struggle and do everything I can and it still breaks out. They don't even think about it probably and their skin is clear.

Old 02-26-2003, 09:46 AM   #6
eternitybc
(female)

eternitybc HB User
Yeah, if anyone knows how to clear the back, let me know

Has anyone tried scrubbign it adily? I have been whil;e in the shower, using a loofah. I dont think its the greates exfoliator,a s its too soft, but it cleans it at least!

ANyoen tried using a scrub??

For ladies..heres a BIG one... your bra. I have an oily back, and I noticed wearing the same bra over causes breakouts. Also, it gets oily More laundry for me Pj tops too, and gym sweats. They contain oil.. so if you reuse them, they rub against the skin..

Anyone else notice this??? It may just be me...

My backs not so bad though Little bumps, mostly on the top..... soem red spots...but not noticeable unles s your close

Old 02-26-2003, 12:37 PM   #7
Testament
Veteran

Testament HB User
Yeah, I'm glad you guys are clear on your faces at least... I'm still workin my way through any improvement at all.

Old 02-26-2003, 12:37 PM   #8
too old for this
(female)

too old for this HB User
Yes, I've noticed the problem with the bra and exercising. I tend to break out most where my sports bra rubs against my skin. I've tried both all-cotton bras and synthetic sweat-absorbing bras. Both cause breakouts for me.

Old 02-26-2003, 12:51 PM   #9
too old for this
(female)

too old for this HB User
Hi Testament, I hear you. For a long while I had acne both on my body and face. I'm not out of the woods yet. Once I get off the antibiotic my facial acne may return. Ugh.

I'm wondering how old people on this thread are. I ask because, well, it's about sex. My sex life has taken a sharp downturn. Like, nothing happening. It's not like I don't get the chance. I just don't want to be intimate with someone while I've got all these bumps and angry red marks on my back, you know? It's just gross and I'd rather no one saw it. Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I making too much of a small problem?

Old 02-27-2003, 07:10 AM   #10
merlynne12
Inactive

merlynne12 HB User
I had red tones added to my hair, and a lot of the color washed out the first few times I showered. I went back to the salon, they re-did the color and they suggested some shampoos and recommeded that I wash my hair in cool water, which is supposedly better anyway.

I'm not a fan of cool showers, so I started washing my hair over the edge of the tub. The result: my bacne flare-ups immediately went away. I think my shampoo/conditionder was irritating my skin!

Old 02-27-2003, 12:51 PM   #11
Testament
Veteran

Testament HB User
TooOldForThis: Yes, I felt that way before... even though im still 18, I didnt like having my shirt off in the light when I was with my girlfriend... im glad she was someone who didnt feel my back all that often. Luckily, I have a 'nice stomache' and 'nice arms', so I think that helped.

Old 03-01-2003, 11:08 PM   #12
Angelene
Veteran

Angelene HB User
Hi-
My skin was perfect on my face and back until about a month ago when my back started to be a jerk and break out w/a lot of cystic type pimples that hurt. I am too self conscious to wear my hair up, b/c some of the pimples are close to my collar line.

I'm 21/f, and have been on monodox since March 02, using also Retin-A Micro, with, as I said, great results. Last week, I asked my derm and she first recommended switching to an antibacterial body wash (instead of dove moisturizing body wash) so I got Dial. Then I went out and bought Clean and Clear salicylic acid body wash, b/c it was 2% sal/ac which is what was in my (previously mentioned) discontinued prescription soap that was working for my back. She also told me to wash my back AFTER washing and conditioning my hair, and to keep my hair off my back at all costs. Also, she said that showering every day during the winter may be making my skin too dry, and that could be the cause of the breakouts. Still, it's hard for me *not* to shower daily w/working out, going to work, etc. But I'm giving it my best shot.

I was clearer til this morning. I tend to break out if I drink the night before, or if I don't get enough sleep--both of which happened last night!

I ordered some of my SalAc prescription soap, and I'll keep you all updated on my results in the next week. It's very important to me to clear this up b/c I've also been on this hardcore diet to lose weight. I've lost about 8lbs in the past 3.5 weeks, and was so looking forward to spring clothes, tank tops, etc. But now I feel it was all in vain.

------------------
"Never give up, never surrender!"

[This message has been edited by Angelene (edited 03-02-2003).]

Closed Thread