It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• best cleanser to use with differin gel anyone know? has to be mild my skin is RED WOW

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2003, 08:11 AM   #1
    guychan

guychan HB User
    best cleanser to use with differin gel anyone know? has to be mild my skin is RED WOW

Damn you guys at least opened my eyes to it. I didnt know what was going wrong and my face was to red. im using the purpose gentle foaming cleanser and before proactiv and there both way to harsh to use with differin and in affect my face looks okay not muc acne, but red as hell!! what is a very very gentle cleanser to use with differin gel?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2003, 09:15 AM   #2
    matahari

matahari HB User
    Re: best cleanser to use with differin gel anyone know? has to be mild my skin is RED WOW

Hey nj guy....

You should try Nuetrogena transparent face bar for "acne prone skin". It cleans your face really good, is really gentle, & does not have any ingredients that with interact with topicals. Its dermatologist recommended and really inexpensive ($2.97 at Walmart). Give it a try

Good Luck.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:18 AM   #3
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User
    Re: best cleanser to use with differin gel anyone know? has to be mild my skin is RED WOW

I posted this on another one of your threads, last night- Dove unscented bar soap for sensitive skin. It's just classic, gentle, CHEAP (instead of the average of 6+ bucks for most facial washes, i got a 2-pack of this soap at wal mart for less than $2) and worked best for me out of all those acne cleansers i've tried. Trust me, i've tried a lot. I'll quote the box:
    "#1 Dermatologist and Pediatrician recommended cleanser, Hypo-allergenic and won't clog pores"
    A poster above me suggested neutrogena translucent bar soap for acne-prone skin. That's another one of my old favorites, but for winter, i'm sticking with Dove because the neutrogena tended to dry my skin out a little. Good luck, hope you find the right cleanser for you off this thread.

Old 11-24-2003, 11:27 AM   #4
    SMarie1981

SMarie1981 HB User

I've been using Cetaphil for the past five years now. Very gentle, rinses easily.

Old 11-24-2003, 01:51 PM   #5
    dance4calif

dance4calif HB User

Hello,

I am also using Differin (at night only). I use benzaclin in the the morning. These two can be very drying. When I first started using these topicals my face was so red and it looked like I had a sunburn. However it subsided with continued use. My derm. recommended that I use Aveeno moisturizing soap for dry skin even though my skin is very oily. I really like the soap. It is very gently and also inexpensive.

Well here is my 2 cents.

Hope you find the right one.

Old 11-24-2003, 05:30 PM   #6
    guychan

guychan HB User
    Re: best cleanser to use with differin gel anyone know? has to be mild my skin is RED

well it feels like i just wasted money. i had to get a face wash and i bought that ceptaphil gentle cleanser for oily/normal skin. damn stuff made my skin dry. well tommroow im going to buy some dove and other stuff and see what works best.thanks for the advice guys!

Old 11-24-2003, 06:29 PM   #7
    marykatherine
    (female)

marykatherine HB User

I use Differin too. I've been on it for over a month now with not too much of a difference. I use the Cleocin T in the PM and the Diff in the AM. I haven't had much success with either. I read on a site that Cleocin should be applied 2 times a day so I figured...what the heck? Well...this is my own new regimen. Am: Wash with Caress and apply Cleocin T then apply the Differin. PM: Wash with Caress and apply Cleocin T then apply Benzoyl Peroxide. (Since this is 10% BP I only apply it where I break out but scarcely) I have used BP in the past and liked the results but they weren't all that great. So I think using the 3 together (but the BP probably every other night) will bring some relief. As for drying out with the Differin....I use Cetaphil lotion. I like the feel of it and it doesn't clog my pores. I was using the Cetaphil Cleasing cream but I started to think it was clogging my pores somehow. I also read that it is better to use a soap or facial wash that foams/lathers rather than a cleansing cream. Hope this works out this time. I also steam my face 1-2 times a week and the results are great the next day. Differin does in fact work but the acne I am getting is coming out in places I have never in my life had it before. Last night I decided to try the BP over the Cleocin T and woke up almost acne free quickly. SOooooooo.....that is my new regimen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nj guy
    Damn you guys at least opened my eyes to it. I didnt know what was going wrong and my face was to red. im using the purpose gentle foaming cleanser and before proactiv and there both way to harsh to use with differin and in affect my face looks okay not muc acne, but red as hell!! what is a very very gentle cleanser to use with differin gel?

Closed Thread