It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Post Accutane Medications (Skin Care)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
    backtomyoldself
    Veteran

backtomyoldself HB User
    Post Accutane Medications (Skin Care)

What topical/oral/regimen did your dermatologist prescribe you post accutane?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2003, 10:28 PM   #2
    accu

accu HB User
    Re: Post Accutane Medications (Skin Care)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomyoldself
    What topical/oral/regimen did your dermatologist prescribe you post accutane?
    He told me to continue to use Cetaphil to wash my face and Cetaphil moisturizer only if my skin gets really dry for the first month post-accutane. He also prescribed Klaron for morning and night, but I only apply it at bedtime. Once a day seems to be good enough for me.

My second month, he prescribed me Triaz to wash my face, because my oil is already returning. I continue to use Klaron nightly and I use Mederma for scars and redmarks (highly recommended) in the morning and afternoon.

So far, I've been a full 2 months off accutane, and my derma seems to want me to continue to use Triaz and Klaron for a long time, because he gave me a lot of refills.

And so far, they are all good products.

Last edited by accu; 12-13-2003 at 10:31 PM.

Old 12-14-2003, 01:45 PM   #3
    backtomyoldself
    Veteran

backtomyoldself HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by accu
    He told me to continue to use Cetaphil to wash my face and Cetaphil moisturizer only if my skin gets really dry for the first month post-accutane. He also prescribed Klaron for morning and night, but I only apply it at bedtime. Once a day seems to be good enough for me.

My second month, he prescribed me Triaz to wash my face, because my oil is already returning. I continue to use Klaron nightly and I use Mederma for scars and redmarks (highly recommended) in the morning and afternoon.

So far, I've been a full 2 months off accutane, and my derma seems to want me to continue to use Triaz and Klaron for a long time, because he gave me a lot of refills.

And so far, they are all good products.
    THanks Accu. I thought no one would respond to my post, but you did so I appreciate it.

I asked about this because my derm prescribed me Differin Gel and Benzamyacin during my first post Accutane treatment (I still had medical insurance then). I only have two weeks left on my second course of Accutane and she did not prescribe me anything post Accutane. It makes me think it's due to the fact that I do not have any health insurance anymore (resigned from job and currently self-pay). I called her office and the nurse told me that Dr. E said I should not be taking anything post Accutane (what the heck?!). I think that's a load of crap. Anyway, I was just curious how other's situation were post Accutane.
    Man. I need a new derm. I will call back the office and demand a prescription for some topical meds.

Old 02-13-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
    accu

accu HB User

Hey Back...what is your regimen now??

Mine is about the same.

Closed Thread