It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Aspirin Mask is working great! Must try!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-14-2003, 06:10 AM   #1
    Trevalyn

Trevalyn HB User
    Thumbs up Aspirin Mask is working great! Must try!

Hey, I thought I'd drop in and let you know that I've been trying the Aspirin Mask for the last few days, and I haven't broken out in days! Skin is much clearer, red and dark marks from past breakouts are fading..Also a lot less oil production.

I've been using this along with just Dial Antibacterial Gold Soap Bar... and the results have been amazing! I'm happy to say, that I have now officially stopped trying out all these OTC's and what not. Never been on oral medication, so I can not comment on that.

In addition to this, all I do is:

-Drink ~2 liters of water/day

-Exercise 20 mins in the am cardio/20mins pm cardio w/ weight training*** a
    great stress reliever

-Take a regular multivitamin centrum

- Take 30mg of Zinc Tablets/day

- Take 1 500mg Vit. C/day

- diet, eat normally... although I try to keep the carbs to a minimum and try to abstain from the sugar period!

For those of you who have tried this, I'd like to hear your comments as well...
    Any tips n' tricks would be great!

What you need to do to make this mask:

1. Crush up ~6 aspirin tablets (non enteric coated, i.e. Bayer) into a powder form.

** I have also heard instead of crushing the tablets, you can just add a few drops to the tablets until they dissolve.

2. Next drop by drop, add water to this mixture until it forms a creamy paste.
    (You can use something like a spoon or toothpick to mix)

3. Next apply to cleansed and dry skin.

** Note this mask is not a "true mask" ... it will go on a little tough and dry, and you might notice some flaking of the powder. I have heard from other people, to perhaps add a few drops of aloe vera or use it in conjunction with a plain clay mask.

4. Leave on your face for ~15-20mins...

5. Before washing... you wet your clean finger tips with tepid water and gently rub to promote a great exfoliating experience.

6. Rinse face w/ tepid water, and pat dry... you can apply some moisturizer if you like.

7. Use it how and when you need. I do one every other day. It's pretty quick and cheap!

***** Important Note ****

****DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS IF YOUR ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN!!!!****

****PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD BE VERY CAUTIOUS AND CONSULT THEIR DOCTOR PRIOR TO USING THIS**********

hope this helps

The following user gives a hug of support to Trevalyn:
    mysonrocks (07-22-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to Trevalyn For This Useful Post:
    mysonrocks (07-22-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2003, 12:34 PM   #2
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User
    Re: Aspirin Mask is working great! Must try!

Is aspirin anti-imflamatory? Is this why it helps?

Old 12-15-2003, 12:01 AM   #3
    Trevalyn

Trevalyn HB User

Hi, Here is basically how aspirin helps. I am quoting from a pharmacology manual:

Some quick terminology:

anaglesic: means pain relief
    antipyretic: means reduction of fever
    antirheumatic: means to aid in arthritis

Just so that you know, I can assure you this works, when applied topically as a mask I noted above. The information below is purely for actual consumption of aspirin and how our body absorbs and uses it.

Update from using the mask: skin is so smooth now. pores, are shrinking day by day to points where I can't even see them. previous scars I had are slowly lightening up and are much shallower than before. This is simply the best thing to happen to me in a while. I as well as many others on other forums have received nothing but positive benefits on this.

Ok now for the facts of aspirin:

"Aspirin is a salicylate. We know what that has demonstrated antiinflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic, and antirheumatic activity. Aspirin's mode of action as an antiinflammatory and antirheumatic agent may be due to inhibition of synthesis and release of prostaglandins. Aspirin appears to produce analgesia by virtue of both a peripheral and CNS effect.

Peripherally, aspirin acts by inhibiting the synthesis and release of prostaglandins. Acting centrally, it would appear to produce analgesia at a hypothalamic site in the brain, although the mode of action is not known. Aspirin also acts on the hypothalamus to produce antipyresis; heat dissipation is increased as a result of vasodilation and increased peripheral blood flow. Aspirin's antipyretic activity may also be related to inhibition of synthesis and release of prostaglandins. In a crossover study, Enteric Coated Aspirin at a dose of one tablet (15 grains) three times a day produced an average fecal blood loss of 1.54 ml per day. Uncoated aspirin at a dosage of three 5-grain tablets given three times a day caused an average fecal blood loss of 4.33 ml per day.

Aspirin is rapidly hydrolyzed primarily in the liver to salicylic acid, which is conjugated with glycine (forming salicyluric acid) and glucuronic acid and excreted largely in the urine. As a result of the rapid hydrolysis, plasma concentrations of aspirin are always low and rarely exceed 20 mcg/ml at ordinary therapeutic doses. The peak salicylate level for uncoated aspirin occurs in about 2 hours; however with enteric coated aspirin tablets this is delayed. A direct correlation between salicylate plasma levels and clinical analgesic effectiveness has not been definitely established, but effective analgesia is usually achieved at plasma levels of 15 to 30 mg per 100 ml. Effective antiinflammatory activity is usually achieved at salicylate plasma levels of 20 to 30 mg per 100 ml. "

Old 12-15-2003, 12:52 PM   #4
    Trevalyn

Trevalyn HB User

bump'd for others and also I'd like to hear what others think.

Old 12-15-2003, 04:52 PM   #5
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

I'm tired now but I will try this tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2003, 05:39 PM   #6
    Trevalyn

Trevalyn HB User

I hope it works out for you!!

Old 12-15-2003, 05:42 PM   #7
    Ladee

Ladee HB User

Great idea, I'm glad it's working for you.

I'm off to the drug store for some aspirin!!!!

THANKS Trevalyn!!

Old 12-15-2003, 07:11 PM   #8
    Trevalyn

Trevalyn HB User

No problem! You might not notice immediate results except for the smoothness right after... but the next day and onwards you will see positive results. I am keeping up with this on evenings every other day now. Just washing my face 2x day with dial gold soap bar.

I've modified a little of the process... and instead of applying this to a dry face... I pat my face with some tepid-warm water... not dripping. This makes it much easier to apply.

Old 12-16-2003, 04:32 AM   #9
    Astf

Astf HB User

Tons of people have said they love the asprin mask. You can go on makeup alley, under productville and search for just "asprin" (multiple word searching is messed up right now). I have never tried it because I don't have much luck with masks, but I do know that asprin and salicylic acid are basically from the same thing, except asprin has been checmically altered to be less irritating on the stomach lining. They are both supposed to have anti-inflamitory properties.

Old 12-16-2003, 04:34 AM   #10
    (male)

449271 HB User

will this mask cause dryness?and is it alright to apply on red spots only?

Old 12-16-2003, 08:04 AM   #11
    Trevalyn

Trevalyn HB User

I believe you can do spot treatment... sure, but you wouldn't need that many tablets.

The mask isn't meant to moisturize... more to treal, calm, and heal. I use a light moisturizer afterwards with no problems.

Old 12-16-2003, 02:07 PM   #12
    Boozer

Boozer HB User

I am going to try this a spot treatment tonight. Should I leave the mask on my spots over night or just for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off? Thanks in advance!

Old 12-16-2003, 09:21 PM   #13
    (male)

449271 HB User

is disprin the same as aspirin?

Old 12-16-2003, 10:48 PM   #14
    (male)

449271 HB User

by the way how often can we use this mask and how do u actually apply it on ur face?dab on it or use a brush and make sure it is even?

Old 12-17-2003, 02:39 PM   #15
    Trevalyn

Trevalyn HB User

I think you mean diaspirin, and I don't think it's the same. This is regular "aspirin" you can get at any drug store.

I wouldn't leave it on overnight... I keep it on for about 15-20 mins.

I just apply with my hands, again it will never be like a real "mask..." It will crumble a bit while applying. See the first post on how to do it. I use this thing every other day pretty much... no problems yet, and my skin is getting better and better day by day.

Closed Thread