It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• differin and Erythromycin orally???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
    zitzapper

zitzapper HB User
    Question differin and Erythromycin orally???

i just got back from the derm disappointed as usual. i was going there hoping to get accutane for my mild but persistant acne and i left prescribed some differin topically and some erythromycin orally. Has anyone been prescribed either of these and how did it go for you? any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2003, 05:49 PM   #2
    matahari

matahari HB User
    Re: differin and Erythromycin orally???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zitzapper
    i just got back from the derm disappointed as usual. i was going there hoping to get accutane for my mild but persistant acne and i left prescribed some differin topically and some erythromycin orally. Has anyone been prescribed either of these and how did it go for you? any advice is greatly appreciated.

Differin didn't do anything for me but make me really dry and irritated. I am on erythro right and have been for about 2 weeks and it seems to be doing the trick for me along with a combo of sprio.

Old 12-23-2003, 05:54 PM   #3
    matahari

matahari HB User

PS!

Make sure to take your erythro with something in your stomach because it will make you feel really sick if you dont. Also from experience... try to stay clear of really spicy foods while on it.... its not a beautiful thing . I live in New Mexico and eat hot food all the time, but its been making me sick since I started my Erythro.

Good Luck!! I hope it works for ya!

Old 12-23-2003, 08:11 PM   #4
    marykatherine
    (female)

marykatherine HB User

I have been on Differin and Cleocin T since October and I can't begin to tell you the difference in my skin now. I have taken Erythro several times before and it did nothing for me but give me a yeast infection. (YUCK) But I at first was disappointed with the Differin because of the initial breakout. I have used Differin in the past and I think I didn't give it enough time to do it's thing. But now.....all I can say is WOW! I was offered Accutane but since I am very skeptical on using any kind of oral meds I asked to try one more thing. I am still clearing a couple of red spots and it's taking sooooooo long for some reason. I am thinking it might be the Cleocin somehow. But all I can advise is to stick with the Differin. Just stick to it. Your face may have a bad initial breakout but once through that it's a great thing! I think right now Differin also has a rebate of $10.00. I was prescribed the Cleocin to use only once a day and after several weeks I read somewhere that Cleocin should be applied 2 times a day and I now do that. I use the Cleocin in the morning then after it drys I apply the Differin. In the evening before bed I use only the Cleocin. Good luck. Just stick with it for several months and you might like it too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zitzapper

Old 12-23-2003, 08:40 PM   #5
    CourtneyIAM

CourtneyIAM HB User

I really didn't see any difference on my skin when I used Differin. Erythromycin worked initially, but, like everything else, my body seemed to become immune...

Closed Thread