It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acne Message Board

  • Accutane users help out please!!!!!!

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 12-23-2003, 08:16 PM   #1
    449271
    Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 95
    449271 HB User
    Arrow Accutane users help out please!!!!!!

    i have been perscribed 20mg of accutane TWICE per WEEK and 10mg of doxycycline once a day ....anyone experience it before?i doubt it is working for me....i had a rather bad initial breakout (white heads)after taking it for a week.

    and next...can i use any pimple cream for the pimple?can i use things like mederma for my red spots and scars?

    plz help out...thanx!!

    Last edited by 449271; 12-23-2003 at 08:44 PM.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 12-23-2003, 10:25 PM   #2
    449271
    Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 95
    449271 HB User
    Re: Accutane users help out please!!!!!!

    really need help!!please guys

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 04:11 AM   #3
    Bones1
    Newbie
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 1
    Bones1 HB User
    Re: Accutane users help out please!!!!!!

    Umm, you aren't supposed to be on Accutane and antibiotics at the same time... didn't your Derm say anything about that?? They both cause increased pressure on the brain or something.

    Most doctors should prescribe an antibiotic (doxycycline, minocycline...) with a cream (like Differin). Then if that doesn't work after ~8 weeks, then they should perscribe Accutane.

    Anyway, for both antibiotics and accutane, it is expected you will probably have an initial breakout (mostly antibiotics) for sometimes up to 2 weeks... strange your derm didn't say anything about this either. I would recommend someone else honestly.

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 04:30 AM   #4
    449271
    Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 95
    449271 HB User
    Re: Accutane users help out please!!!!!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bones1
    Umm, you aren't supposed to be on Accutane and antibiotics at the same time... didn't your Derm say anything about that?? They both cause increased pressure on the brain or something.

    Most doctors should prescribe an antibiotic (doxycycline, minocycline...) with a cream (like Differin). Then if that doesn't work after ~8 weeks, then they should perscribe Accutane.

    Anyway, for both antibiotics and accutane, it is expected you will probably have an initial breakout (mostly antibiotics) for sometimes up to 2 weeks... strange your derm didn't say anything about this either. I would recommend someone else honestly.
    nope .........is this true guys?will taking antibiotics and accutane at the same time cause harm to me???he is rather well known for treating acne in fact...damnit..

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 05:50 AM   #5
    bunny9987
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2003
    Location: CT
    Posts: 411
    bunny9987 HB User
    Re: Accutane users help out please!!!!!!

    yes I read that it causes pressure in your brain. I would call your derma, maybe because you aren't taking accutane everyday its ok, i am not sure. Taking accutane only twice per week at 20mg is very low, so maybe??

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 06:22 AM   #6
    EddieDean
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2001
    Posts: 386
    EddieDean HB User
    Re: Accutane users help out please!!!!!!

    I'm not sure what the doxycycline contains, but you need to be careful not to take additional Vitamin A while on Accutane. Accutane is a LARGE dose of Vitamin A and taking any more can be harmful to your body.

    I was told to expect early breakouts on Accutane (it's getting the old stuff "out of your system" to make way for clear skin).

    Not sure what to suggest about all the dry skin you will face. It's one of the small things you have to suffer through for good skin in the long run! My derm gave me lip balm and moisturizers to use...maybe ask him what he recommends?

    Good luck!

    EddieDean

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 06:33 AM   #7
    449271
    Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 95
    449271 HB User
    Re: Accutane users help out please!!!!!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EddieDean
    I'm not sure what the doxycycline contains, but you need to be careful not to take additional Vitamin A while on Accutane. Accutane is a LARGE dose of Vitamin A and taking any more can be harmful to your body.

    I was told to expect early breakouts on Accutane (it's getting the old stuff "out of your system" to make way for clear skin).

    Not sure what to suggest about all the dry skin you will face. It's one of the small things you have to suffer through for good skin in the long run! My derm gave me lip balm and moisturizers to use...maybe ask him what he recommends?

    Good luck!

    EddieDean

    yeah..thanx..but i do take vitamin C everyday...it is ok right?but i am on a really low dosage...so i doubt is even useful...lol..scars are the real problem for me...i think i am goin to get mederma after my acne is clear...is it ok to use mederma while on accutane...coz i dun encounter dryness since i am on a low dose

     
    Old 12-24-2003, 05:11 PM   #8
    449271
    Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 95
    449271 HB User
    Re: Accutane users help out please!!!!!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 449271
    yeah..thanx..but i do take vitamin C everyday...it is ok right?but i am on a really low dosage...so i doubt is even useful...lol..scars are the real problem for me...i think i am goin to get mederma after my acne is clear...is it ok to use mederma while on accutane...coz i dun encounter dryness since i am on a low dose

    anyone????

     
    Closed Thread




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:16 PM.





    2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!