It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Accutane For Mild/Mod Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
    HollisterChick

HollisterChick HB User
    Accutane For Mild/Mod Acne

I have mild/mod acne but it is persistant... if i was to go on accutane would it work faster then those who have severe acne? and would i still have a bad initial breakout? im seriously considering this so any thoughts and advice would be awesome! thanks guyyys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2003, 05:33 PM   #2
    Mercury2234

Mercury2234 HB User
    Re: Accutane For Mild/Mod Acne

Well, it depends on the person, but from what ive read from other people posts, yes you will have an intial breakout and your acne would be the worst ever was. Your face will become extremely oily for a few days, then all the sudden it will be a desert. Your lips will be chapped and all the pimples, blackheads, cysts underneath that never surfaced will be forced out.
    But then again, there are the lucky ones that straight out from week 1 starts to see magnificent improvement, and never have initial breakouts.
    Hope that helps.

Old 12-27-2003, 05:51 PM   #3
    mouseee

mouseee HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mercury2234
    Well, it depends on the person, but from what ive read from other people posts, yes you will have an intial breakout and your acne would be the worst ever was. Your face will become extremely oily for a few days, then all the sudden it will be a desert. Your lips will be chapped and all the pimples, blackheads, cysts underneath that never surfaced will be forced out.
    But then again, there are the lucky ones that straight out from week 1 starts to see magnificent improvement, and never have initial breakouts.
    Hope that helps.

Are u on any medication for your acne now? I had mod acne and never really suffered a bad initial breakout. Hollister RockS!

Old 12-27-2003, 07:13 PM   #4
    HollisterChick

HollisterChick HB User

yes Hollister is the best! haha.. but yeah i am on doxy now with a couple of topicals!

Old 12-27-2003, 07:17 PM   #5
    mouseee

mouseee HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HollisterChick
    yes Hollister is the best! haha.. but yeah i am on doxy now with a couple of topicals!

then go for the tane. I wouldnt worry too much, the results are all worth it.

Old 12-27-2003, 07:48 PM   #6
    mossimo

mossimo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HollisterChick
    I have mild/mod acne but it is persistant... if i was to go on accutane would it work faster then those who have severe acne? and would i still have a bad initial breakout? im seriously considering this so any thoughts and advice would be awesome! thanks guyyys!
    I also had mild/mod acne for 15 yrs. My derm told me that he'd like to put me on a low dose of accutane. I expected accutane to work wonders for me considering my acne was not that bad, but I am in my sixth month now, on a dose of 60mg and still have acne. I had an initial break out, but it wasn't that bad. I think how bad it is depends on your dosage. After using accutane, I've also gotten a number of break outs in places where I had never broken out before and cysts which I had never even had. I also noticed I would get an "initial breakout" everytime my dosage was upped. Although my skin is much improved and my oil is completely gone, I am not as clear I expected I would be by now. Don't assume that because you have mild acne that accutane will work better or faster for you than someone with more severe acne.

Old 12-28-2003, 02:11 AM   #7
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mossimo
    I also had mild/mod acne for 15 yrs. My derm told me that he'd like to put me on a low dose of accutane. I expected accutane to work wonders for me considering my acne was not that bad, but I am in my sixth month now, on a dose of 60mg and still have acne. I had an initial break out, but it wasn't that bad. I think how bad it is depends on your dosage. After using accutane, I've also gotten a number of break outs in places where I had never broken out before and cysts which I had never even had. I also noticed I would get an "initial breakout" everytime my dosage was upped. Although my skin is much improved and my oil is completely gone, I am not as clear I expected I would be by now. Don't assume that because you have mild acne that accutane will work better or faster for you than someone with more severe acne.
    The cost benefit ratio of accutane for mild acne is just not worth it in my view. Mod acne is perhaps different, but I would try the lasers like smoothbeam before tane if I were you, and exhaust all avenues, which as you know are too multifarious to conceive of.

AA

Closed Thread