It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Okay, I have no idea what the heck is happening to me?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-01-2004, 08:45 PM   #1
    Sable
    (female)

Sable HB User
    Okay, I have no idea what the heck is happening to me?

I'm 23 years old, and ever since I was about 12 years old, I've had the normal to moderate acne (when under stress). Now for the past 2-3 weeks, my face has been OUT OF CONTROL! At first it started out with a couple pimples on the side of neck (like right by my ear). My doctor prescribed minocycline, and Retin-A for it. And it has not helped! It looks like it just made matters worse!
    I literally started getting these gigantic cists on the side of my neck... they were purple/ and blue, and within a week or so, they would finally explode...(and I mean EXPLODE) with large amounts of puss and blood! Totally disgusting! i've never had this before! I have no idea what the heck it is? Everyone says that what I have on the side of my face is NOT NORMAL. And I know it's not normal for me to be breaking out this bad. i don't know what the heck it is?

I haven't changed my diet? I haven't started taking any wierd drugs or anything like that? I get normal amounts of rest...and my stress levels are pretty much the same as they've always been (with work, school, and social life)?? I'm thinking it might be related to my hormone levels? I don't know what the heck it could be? Does something totally strange like happen to girls when they are 23?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User
    Re: Okay, I have no idea what the heck is happening to me?

I used to know a Sable.

Let me first say that it doesn't matter whether or not you changed your diet for it to be a nutritional issue. These things can happen at any time, though I realize that there are times that are more common. For instance, puberty. I started breaking out at 18.

I understand how confusing it is. The good news is that this has the potential to be temporary. One thing I, and other people have noticed is that antibiotics make some people's acne worse. Personally, I think it is a little outdated to be treating people's acne with antibiotics. It is a harmless, normal, non-infectious, skin bacteria. And people should not be on antibiotics past three weeks. So the first thing I'd do is stop taking the antibiotics.

Then, unless you do a battery of tests, we won't know what part of the body is ailing. Yes your hormones may be upset, and yes you may have insulin resistence or problems with sugar, but these are also symptoms of inadequate nutrition. Remember, our bodies decide how much nutrition they need. Perhaps you were exposed to a parasite (travel anywhere?), or your skin suffered damage (been in the sun an unusual amount lately?). Have you taken aspirins or other medications that may have affected your bowels? Have you been eating a Standard American Diet for a while? Have you had a bout of illness? These are only some of the many possibilities. The only way to do this is to work from the bottom up. Cleanse the bowels. Cleanse the liver. Clean up the diet. Take things that specifically aid in the healing of these systems.

Last edited by prometheus; 02-01-2004 at 11:03 PM.

Old 02-01-2004, 10:07 PM   #3
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

I’m not just saying this because it is what I think. It happened to be the case with my acne. My acne was directly related to nutrition and diet. And like you, it came about, quite sudden, without warning, along side a drastic change in health. “What the heck is going on” as you put it, is exactly the words I would use. I can’t pinpoint it to any one cause, except a general decline in health that occurred as a result of spiritual reasons. And in reality, all bodily manifestations are spiritual conditions as well as a physical conditions. Sometimes you don’t have the medicine to treat the former. I always had a weak constitution, but in highschool I enjoyed a brief period of robust health. Then, following an encounter with beings that were not human (bear with me), which I believe were, in fact, the manifestations of evil itself, my health began to decline drastically. I’ve had all sorts of other problems, including horrific nightmares of unimaginable things, every single night since the encounter. Before that evil was just a concept. Until you really feel it you won’t know evil and the frightening part is, I can feel that same evil inside me. It just goes to show how much we all need God’s mercy. My issue (sickness, food intolerances etc) resembles the Kundalini syndrome that yogis talk about in India that can happen as a result of an encounter with other worldly beings, sidhis (sp). Unfortunately, this has become the new age trend and it is near impossible to find authentic information that would help. My Native American ancestors called these beings “skinwalkers”, but I can’t be treated by a shaman because it is not something that is talked about. I don’t have the skill or access to the kind of medicine to treat the spiritual problem (I do not believe there are any true Kundalini masters alive today), so I modify my diet and I do the best I can with nutrition, and it has helped a lot. Anyway, this is totally beside the point. The point is, diet and nutrition has had numerous success in healing people’s acne. There are professional journals on the topic and it has even been observed by doctors. All I had to do was change my diet appropriately to get rid of my acne.

Last edited by prometheus; 02-01-2004 at 11:03 PM.

Old 02-02-2004, 12:19 AM   #4
    anoldone
    Inactive

anoldone HB User

hey prometheus, i have never said anything about my event to anyone but when i was about 12yrs old i heard a voice say that i would have skin problems. i had the impresson that this was a conversation between two angels as though the one angel was telling the other. i did not sense anything evil it was more a sense of wonder at what i had experienced. i've had acne ever since i'm now 50yrs old and using diet i finally have it whipped. thanks for sharing your story
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    I’m not just saying this because it is what I think. It happened to be the case with my acne. My acne was directly related to nutrition and diet. And like you, it came about, quite sudden, without warning, along side a drastic change in health. “What the heck is going on” as you put it, is exactly the words I would use. I can’t pinpoint it to any one cause, except a general decline in health that occurred as a result of spiritual reasons. And in reality, all bodily manifestations are spiritual conditions as well as a physical conditions. Sometimes you don’t have the medicine to treat the former. I always had a weak constitution, but in highschool I enjoyed a brief period of robust health. Then, following an encounter with beings that were not human (bear with me), which I believe were, in fact, the manifestations of evil itself, my health began to decline drastically. I’ve had all sorts of other problems, including horrific nightmares of unimaginable things, every single night since the encounter. Before that evil was just a concept. Until you really feel it you won’t know evil and the frightening part is, I can feel that same evil inside me. It just goes to show how much we all need God’s mercy. My issue (sickness, food intolerances etc) resembles the Kundalini syndrome that yogis talk about in India that can happen as a result of an encounter with other worldly beings, sidhis (sp). Unfortunately, this has become the new age trend and it is near impossible to find authentic information that would help. My Native American ancestors called these beings “skinwalkers”, but I can’t be treated by a shaman because it is not something that is talked about. I don’t have the skill or access to the kind of medicine to treat the spiritual problem (I do not believe there are any true Kundalini masters alive today), so I modify my diet and I do the best I can with nutrition, and it has helped a lot. Anyway, this is totally beside the point. The point is, diet and nutrition has had numerous success in healing people’s acne. There are professional journals on the topic and it has even been observed by doctors. All I had to do was change my diet appropriately to get rid of my acne.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:26 AM   #5
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

What did you two do in your past lives?!

Old 02-02-2004, 04:02 AM   #6
    OhMyFace
    Veteran

OhMyFace HB User

I have to admit, I have recently been cleansing, changing my diet and drinking lots of water. I have noticed a substantial difference. Prometheus is a wise one.

Sable, did you recently go off of the pill, by any chance?

Old 02-02-2004, 08:04 AM   #7
    Sable
    (female)

Sable HB User

Okay.... are you people serious (not you jhart999)? You actually think that maybe I'm demon possessed? Or I've had some wierd encounter with some type of "skinwalker"???

I highly doubt it! I am very strong Christian! I think maybe my issue is a little bit more related, to my hormones, or PMS or something?

I agree with Prometheus, that it is most likely temporary. It most likely is...

But please stay away from the demon issues... thats just wrong.

Thanks anyway!

Old 02-02-2004, 08:13 AM   #8
    Sable
    (female)

Sable HB User
    Unhappy Re: Okay, I have no idea what the heck is happening to me?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OhMyFace
    I have to admit, I have recently been cleansing, changing my diet and drinking lots of water. I have noticed a substantial difference. Prometheus is a wise one.

Sable, did you recently go off of the pill, by any chance?

I actually haven't taken BC for about 7 years. I tried taking it, and it just made me break out really, really bad. As a matter of fact, the acne kind of resembled the acne that I have now on my face? (that's wierd).

The only difference, that I have noticed, is that inside, I do feel a little bit more tense! I have no idea what it is? It's like I'm not worried about anything...but I have noticed that I can actually FEEL some type of tension running through me??? (this started about 2 weeks ago...along with this horrible break out). But I have no idea how to get rid of it? I sleep good... (once my head hits my pillow, I'm pretty much out)...and I eat very, very well. I have pretty much maintained a good diet for about 3 years.. (cereals, yogurts, fruits, meats now and then, fishes, chicken, and Veggies, no fast foods.).

What I have started doing, (which I admit to neglecting) is drinking a lot more water (started about a week ago). Which, unfortunatley has not helped (so far). So I am just pretty much just being patient.... Today I will call my doctor, and have him refer me to a dermatologist. Hopefully, he'll have some idea about whats going on inside my body?

Old 02-02-2004, 09:25 AM   #9
    OhMyFace
    Veteran

OhMyFace HB User

Drinking water will help...I have been the biggest skeptic about diet changes having any effect, but I am living with the proof right now.

You might want to go to your general practitioner and have some blood tests run...sometimes, acne can be an indicator of other issues.

Old 02-02-2004, 10:01 AM   #10
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

OhMyface, your success is awesome! Thank you very much for sharing that.

Sable,

No I don't think you are possessed. You have given no indication of dabbling in that sort of stuff. It is just another example, albeit an esoteric one, of how the body can suffer. They also say our body chemistry changes every 7 years. That could have something to do with it? I just think, for whatever reason, your body needs a little more help now.

Old 02-02-2004, 10:12 AM   #11
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User

OK, other more mundane tips, from a person who doesn't believe in evil. My friends I were just discussing mysterious breakouts the otehr day. Here are some things that helped some of us:

1. Every night, use a clean pillow case and sleep in a clean shirt.
    2. Don't use perfumed or antibacterial soap, and don't scrub.
    3. Use a moisturizer with vitamin E.
    4. See an allergist. They can test for about 50 food allergies, and a lot of respiratory ones too.
    5. And the classics: Take your vitamins and drink lots of water.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:44 PM   #12
    KillerBoots,man

KillerBoots,man HB User

what kind of BCP were you taking whhen you broke out horribly? I was taking the wrong BCP for me for awhhile and i developed cystic acne. I then started taking a low dose BCP and that really works for me...maybe you just need to talk to your doctor and get a blood workup and chheck your homones...this will let your doc know what kind of BCP you should be taking, if you are interested in taking a BCP. I had this happen to me, my skin was out of control and i ended up taking spiro and yasmin to get back in balance. I know that this is so frustrating, and confusing. I before i got balanced out, I felt tension running through my body...i would constantly notice myself tensing my muscles in my abdomen. And I would relax them, but i would notice it back again soon after...that might be hard to understand, i dont quite know hhow to explain it...hhey, at least im not talking about demons and evil and angels here.

Old 02-02-2004, 03:44 PM   #13
    Sable
    (female)

Sable HB User

Thanks Prometheus, and Ohmyface.

I just went to my doctor..he says the acne that I have is completley normal. And there is pretty much nothing else we can do. He says I have to wait and see if my face completley fails the minocycline (which I am not taking anymore...I don't care what anyone says...that stuff was awful).

I was pretty upset when I left the doctors office... but you two could be very right, my acne could be a result of something else that could be showing up in my body. Uggggghhhh! This is so frusterating!

Old 02-02-2004, 03:52 PM   #14
    Sable
    (female)

Sable HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KillerBoots,man
    what kind of BCP were you taking whhen you broke out horribly? I was taking the wrong BCP for me for awhhile and i developed cystic acne. I then started taking a low dose BCP and that really works for me...maybe you just need to talk to your doctor and get a blood workup and chheck your homones...this will let your doc know what kind of BCP you should be taking, if you are interested in taking a BCP. I had this happen to me, my skin was out of control and i ended up taking spiro and yasmin to get back in balance. I know that this is so frustrating, and confusing. I before i got balanced out, I felt tension running through my body...i would constantly notice myself tensing my muscles in my abdomen. And I would relax them, but i would notice it back again soon after...that might be hard to understand, i dont quite know hhow to explain it...hhey, at least im not talking about demons and evil and angels here.
    Lol!! Totally funny! I love the "demon advice"...that was great. It's now any inside joke between my co-worker and I. I had two pimples on my forehead...and my co-worker said that maybe it was the demon horns trying to come out??! Lol!!

Anyway, I was on BC back when I was 16...that was not good. I took low dosages, and was nauseous every day (I actually lost weight). Then they upgraded the dose a bit, and I was fine, but I started to get really really bad acne around my chin. I would daily get a new whitehead with a lot of puss that would come out (never had that before). Since then, I've been pretty much terrified of taking BC...

Another thing I hate, is the weight gain? I am only 5'2" and I weigh about 100lbs., and I am pretty much pretty leveled out on weight (according to my height). When I gain a pound, I look like I've gained 5, cause I'm so short... So that's another thing I really don't feel like dealing with??

Old 02-02-2004, 03:55 PM   #15
    Sable
    (female)

Sable HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crossbow
    OK, other more mundane tips, from a person who doesn't believe in evil. My friends I were just discussing mysterious breakouts the otehr day. Here are some things that helped some of us:

1. Every night, use a clean pillow case and sleep in a clean shirt.
    2. Don't use perfumed or antibacterial soap, and don't scrub.
    3. Use a moisturizer with vitamin E.
    4. See an allergist. They can test for about 50 food allergies, and a lot of respiratory ones too.
    5. And the classics: Take your vitamins and drink lots of water.

I definatley have to start doing this. Another thing is that I just got a new little dog during Christmas. He's about 1 pound, and he sleeps with me every night... He also sleeps pretty close to my face/neck area... he's so little, I would hate to make him sleep on the ground...

But do you think this could be the cause? I give him a bath every 1-2 weeks, and he never goes outside? So he's not dirty? But now I'm starting to wonder...

Closed Thread