It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne diet really works!! (great results after first week!!)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-16-2004, 01:02 PM   #1
    Pymp22
    (male)

Pymp22 HB User
    Cool Acne diet really works!! (great results after first week!!)

For all of the doubtful people out there who believe theres no coorelation between acne and diet, I am here to say that there is! I have been following prometheus's acne friendly diet for one week and the results are amazing! I used to have moderate acne on my neck and mild to moderate all over my face. Well, my neck acne has almost vanished, and my face keeps getting better each day. I have used every OTC product known to man and nothing worked long term. I have also tried many prescription creams, gels, and pills. I had some success with a few of the creams and pills, but a month later, a nasty breakout would occur.
    I have those little bumps all over my forehead and parts of my face. Even when certain products would work, they wouldn't help with those little bumps. Well, after being on this acne diet for a week, those little anoying bumps are disappearing quickly!
    Try the diet! I was very skeptical about it after reading because I thought there was no way in hell that what i ate affected my acne. But, the truth is it really does! Also, eating acne friendly foods has increased my energy greatly. I definitely recommend trying it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2004, 02:36 PM   #2
    Vortex773310
    Veteran
    (male)

Vortex773310 HB User
    Re: Acne diet really works!! (great results after first week!!)

i also believe to a certain degreee acne is caused by diet, and healed my acne completely through nutritional eating, but unlike prometheus i didnt need to cut out every single food, just mostly cheese and other dairy , i can even eat fried foods in moderation, for me i thought the lemon juice was the greatest addition to my diet

Old 02-16-2004, 05:06 PM   #3
    Pymp22
    (male)

Pymp22 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vortex773310
    i also believe to a certain degreee acne is caused by diet, and healed my acne completely through nutritional eating, but unlike prometheus i didnt need to cut out every single food, just mostly cheese and other dairy , i can even eat fried foods in moderation, for me i thought the lemon juice was the greatest addition to my diet
    Vortex,
    Please elaborate on the addition of lemon juice to your diet. What benefits does lemon juice offer? How much do you drink of it a day?

Old 02-16-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Pymp, you are healing remarkably fast. That is very good. That is very good!

Old 02-16-2004, 06:55 PM   #5
    I Eat Hay

I Eat Hay HB User

Hey! Where can I find this diet

Old 02-16-2004, 07:08 PM   #6
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

You know what I'm going to start calling it, I eat hay..The steamed vegetable diet, with the addition of fresh fruit. lol. Because that is what you eat the most along with raw nuts, and raw seeds, ...small amounts of organic meat and occasional brown rice. It is a liver healing diet, an optimally nutrious diet, and an intestinal healing diet, nicely wrapped together.

Eliminate:
    -Dairy
    -Gluten
    -Grains: refined/processed/enriched or gluten containing grains (wheat, barley, oats, etc)
    -Refined sugar and sucrose
    -Cooked eggs (didn't try them raw. The followers of the Wai diet who have healed their acne eat raw eggs.)
    -Hydrogenated oils, refined or hot pressed oils, and heated vegetable oils
    -Non-organic, conventional meats and luncheon, "cured" meats. Most red meats
    -Most packaged goods so that excludes a good amount of artificial preservatives, flavorings, and chemical dyes.
    -Medications(talk to your doctor), especially including aspirins.
    -alcohol, drugs, stimulants, caffeine, etc. If you smoke and can't stop (although fasting has been known to make people quit), switch to natural tobacco which you wrap yourself.

Last edited by prometheus; 02-16-2004 at 07:14 PM.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #7
    Pymp22
    (male)

Pymp22 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    You know what I'm going to start calling it, I eat hay..The steamed vegetable diet, with the addition of fresh fruit. lol. Because that is what you eat the most along with raw nuts, and raw seeds, ...small amounts of organic meat and occasional brown rice. It is a liver healing diet, an optimally nutrious diet, and an intestinal healing diet, nicely wrapped together.
    Prometheus, in the acne friendly diet, should I incorporate lemon juice? Like persay, drinking two freshly squeezed lemons a day? Does lemon juice help at all??

Eliminate:
    -Dairy
    -Gluten
    -Grains: refined/processed/enriched or gluten containing grains (wheat, barley, oats, etc)
    -Refined sugar and sucrose
    -Cooked eggs (didn't try them raw. The followers of the Wai diet who have healed their acne eat raw eggs.)
    -Hydrogenated oils, refined or hot pressed oils, and heated vegetable oils
    -Non-organic, conventional meats and luncheon, "cured" meats. Most red meats
    -Most packaged goods so that excludes a good amount of artificial preservatives, flavorings, and chemical dyes.
    -Medications(talk to your doctor), especially including aspirins.
    -alcohol, drugs, stimulants, caffeine, etc. If you smoke and can't stop (although fasting has been known to make people quit), switch to natural tobacco which you wrap yourself.
    Prometheus, in the acne friendly diet, should I incorporate lemon juice? Like persay, drinking two freshly squeezed lemons a day? Does lemon juice help at all??

Old 02-16-2004, 07:25 PM   #8
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

it does help a great deal. Good thing you brought it up. I forgot about it. If you look under "heal your acne from the inside" that has more liver helping tips. Real lemon juice is very good for the liver, the blood, and just about everything else in the body.

Last edited by prometheus; 02-16-2004 at 07:26 PM.

Old 02-16-2004, 08:29 PM   #9
    rpav
    (male)

rpav HB User

Actually, I've been just thinking of going on a fast starting off with a pre-fruit diet then just do herbal teas during the fast.

I've been reading studies which correlate that fasts can seriouly detoxify your sytem doing about a 3-day fast a month and a 10-day per year. And lemon juice (squirting a fresh lemon into water) is suppose to be one of the most helpful ways of carring toxins out of the system with the fast.

Fasts are supposed to give your internal organs a rest with all of todays toxins, preservatives, and other hazarous things we consume and detoxify itself. Your body not only doesn't have to put up with toxins, but actually will heal your body at a faster rate and many more advantages.

Of course, doing an ongoing no bad sugar or processed food diet for life would be the best choice, but a tough one.

Old 02-16-2004, 08:32 PM   #10
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

I believe this as well, Rpav.

Closed Thread