It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Switching from white rice to brown rice, will this really help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
    orange

orange HB User
    Switching from white rice to brown rice, will this really help?

I eat white rice daily, so i'm thinking until i get my pimples under contorl (although i think i am almost there [knock on wood], except for the annoying red blemishes), i hear everyone saying its better to eat brown rice then. Supposedly white rice can perpetuate pimples. So i decided to switched as of today, will it still be okay to eat brown rice daily as in incorporateing it into my breakfast/dinner routine along with fruits, veggies, etc? The whole white rice perpetuating pimples is totally new to me since i've been eating white rice daily since i was a kid and never had a problem until i starteed breaking out, but then when you aren't breking out it seems as though one can eat anything (go figure). Also how is salmon, is that considered okay (perpetuate pimples)? How about seaseme seed, would this be something i shoudl avoid too, sicne i eat these snacks that are made out of just brown rice and seaseme seed.

Last edited by orange; 02-17-2004 at 07:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2004, 05:31 AM   #2
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User
    Re: Switching from white rice to brown rice, will this really help?

Switching from a rice based diet to a vegetable based diet will work a lot better. That is, not having rice at every meal, but replacing the rice with equal amounts of more vegetables. However, switching from white rice to brown rice is a grand start. Yes it will help. My opinion is that anything on the list of eliminates floating around this board "perpetuates pimples" like conventionally raised meats, or farm raised salmon, or eating too much animal meat (animal meat at every meal is too much). Now, depending on such things as your age, lifestyle, circumstances, weight, etc, you may not be able to adopt such a diet. Every little thing helps. One of those things is, yes, switching from white rice to brown rice.

Old 02-18-2004, 05:00 PM   #3
    orange

orange HB User

I see, cause honestly I've never really had a problem with white rice since i've been eating white rice twice a day since i was a kid. Now being a college studnet (22-years-old) and getting some pimples, i should watch what i eat. Anywho, one more question, what about nectarines, are they considered okay? Also if i were to eat junk food like candy, if i eat it once in a while, like eveyrthing in general, in moderation, would it be okay?

Last edited by orange; 02-18-2004 at 05:01 PM.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #4
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

In my opinion, anything that is not on the eliminate list floating around here is ok, so no, junk food is not ok, but yes, nectarines are. Let your body decide what is moderation, in my opinion. The eliminate list, and the "heal your acne from the inside" post answers all these food questions from my point of view. Anyone else is free to comment.

Last edited by prometheus; 02-18-2004 at 06:08 PM.

Closed Thread