It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acne Message Board

  • can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 02-18-2004, 08:54 AM   #1
    steven2984us
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 107
    steven2984us HB User
    can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    how powerful is this product compared to something like Accutane or Retin-A Mirco? can males take it? was it a designed to be an acne product or was it made to treat another condition but happens to help acne?
    any significant side affects ?
    thanks.

    Last edited by steven2984us; 02-18-2004 at 09:04 AM.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 02-18-2004, 10:33 AM   #2
    joeh
    Senior Veteran
     
    joeh's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 611
    joeh HB User
    Re: can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    it works great on males but it might make you steril after maybe onlt 6 months.i have been on it for 17 months and my skin hasnt ever been better in my life.i havnt had acne of any sorts in nearly 16.5 of those months.but then i cant have sexual intercourse and female dont get me hot anymore.i never liked guys and still dont.its cheep to buy compared to other anti-androgens.they do give spiro to males with prostate cancer.they have other anti-androgens made for guys but i think in the long run they will make you steril too.unless you wanna have a sex change......that will give you clear skin because you wont be producing testosterone any more or are about at the breaking point with this acne thing.....i think spiro is the last choice for males even after accutane.you might try the low carb diet thing before spiro.spiro wont turn you into a girl.....spiro and estrogen wont turn you into a girl unless your under 20 and look girl like to begin with.when you skin is totally clear and your not producing any or much oil then you have to worry about being steril but you body will be acne free.im on 100 mgs.i know a lot of young transexuals and none have any acne at all.they are coming out with something that makes your sebum thinner for males so you might want to hold off on spiro.

     
    Old 02-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #3
    steven2984us
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 107
    steven2984us HB User
    Re: can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeh
    it works great on males but it might make you steril after maybe onlt 6 months.i have been on it for 17 months and my skin hasnt ever been better in my life.i havnt had acne of any sorts in nearly 16.5 of those months.but then i cant have sexual intercourse and female dont get me hot anymore.i never liked guys and still dont.its cheep to buy compared to other anti-androgens.they do give spiro to males with prostate cancer.they have other anti-androgens made for guys but i think in the long run they will make you steril too.unless you wanna have a sex change......that will give you clear skin because you wont be producing testosterone any more or are about at the breaking point with this acne thing.....i think spiro is the last choice for males even after accutane.you might try the low carb diet thing before spiro.spiro wont turn you into a girl.....spiro and estrogen wont turn you into a girl unless your under 20 and look girl like to begin with.when you skin is totally clear and your not producing any or much oil then you have to worry about being steril but you body will be acne free.im on 100 mgs.i know a lot of young transexuals and none have any acne at all.they are coming out with something that makes your sebum thinner for males so you might want to hold off on spiro.
    does it also make you produce less oil on your face? you're not turned on by girs at all? thats scary stuff! do u think that will go away when you stop taking it.i'm willing to risk whatever though to get clear skin. Whats the price on this stuff also?

     
    Old 02-18-2004, 10:07 PM   #4
    joeh
    Senior Veteran
     
    joeh's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 611
    joeh HB User
    Re: can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    i still like looking at girls but since my sex hormones are supressed i cant get sexual aroused by anything.yes my skin is not oily anymore.i perspire a lot less.i used to have dandruff but no more.its a decision you would have to make and a hard one at that.maybe you could be on a low carb diet and maybe just 25 mgs of spiro.you wont probably get 100 clear but you wouldnt get steril either.now you can still love a girl but if your on like 100 mgs or more a day for long periods you wont be able to have sexual intercourse.you could still hugg and kiss and stuff like that.i get my spiro at wal-mart and its not that much generic.i have seen it on the internet for 30 dollars for 100.....100mg tabs.especially if your under 30 this is a tough decision to make.i really dont mind it because i no longer have to put up with painful cysts.only spiro and accutane stopped my face from getting oily.the first course of accutane i had cleared my skin up for about 10 months to a year.its been so long ago i cant remember.....like 1982 when it first came out but after that my skin was as bad as ever and the second course did nothing at all.one good thing about spiro i can be slobby and still look great!

     
    Old 02-18-2004, 10:12 PM   #5
    alienhand
    Junior Member
     
    alienhand's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 10
    alienhand HB User
    Re: can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    So you cant even get a hard on, or get aroused??? I didnt think it caused a dip in test/dht, rather I thought it changes the way test binds to its receptor. I might try an experiment with 25mg a day and see how that works. There are various sites that sell this stuff for cheap.

    Last edited by alienhand; 02-18-2004 at 10:13 PM.

     
    Old 02-18-2004, 10:20 PM   #6
    joeh
    Senior Veteran
     
    joeh's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 611
    joeh HB User
    Re: can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    it reduces your interest in sex and no i cant get that thing going.not even with shikira in a mini skirt 2 feet away from me.that kinda sucks but acne sucks even worse.and no i DONT like guys.gays would never take spiro by the way.

     
    Old 02-18-2004, 10:31 PM   #7
    alienhand
    Junior Member
     
    alienhand's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 10
    alienhand HB User
    Re: can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeh
    it reduces your interest in sex and no i cant get that thing going.not even with shikira in a mini skirt 2 feet away from me.that kinda sucks but acne sucks even worse.and no i DONT like guys.gays would never take spiro by the way.

    Youve been on this for a while? Has your doctor talked to you about getting female breasts (gyno) from the long treatment?? The apparent rise in estrogen has now but eliminated testosterone from your bodys chemical makeup.

    Can you ejaculate, or shoot a load? I mean can you get off, or does your junk not work at all?

     
    Old 02-19-2004, 12:12 AM   #8
    joeh
    Senior Veteran
     
    joeh's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 611
    joeh HB User
    Re: can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    maybe im wrong but im pretty sure guys cant produce estrogen like woman produce testosterone.spiro is an anti-androgen and while you might get some breast development....maybe if your on 400 mgs a day.now combine it with estrogen like 2.5 premerin and you will get breast but it depends on the person but a lot of guys at work have bigger breast than me and their not on nothing.spiro has no estrogen in it.no i cant do anything sexual because im suppressing my sex hormones thus clearing my face.im willing to change my sex if i have to.i said that on earlier posts that i probably should have had a sex change before i hit puberity then i wouldnt have had to suffer 27 years of severe cystic acne.i just dont like guys at all.anyways i choose clear skin over sex and have no regrets.

     
    Old 02-19-2004, 11:07 AM   #9
    alienhand
    Junior Member
     
    alienhand's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 10
    alienhand HB User
    Re: can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeh
    maybe im wrong but im pretty sure guys cant produce estrogen like woman produce testosterone.spiro is an anti-androgen and while you might get some breast development....maybe if your on 400 mgs a day.now combine it with estrogen like 2.5 premerin and you will get breast but it depends on the person but a lot of guys at work have bigger breast than me and their not on nothing.spiro has no estrogen in it.no i cant do anything sexual because im suppressing my sex hormones thus clearing my face.im willing to change my sex if i have to.i said that on earlier posts that i probably should have had a sex change before i hit puberity then i wouldnt have had to suffer 27 years of severe cystic acne.i just dont like guys at all.anyways i choose clear skin over sex and have no regrets.

    True, but if the male has extremely low free levels of test, then your body will up the estrogen, giving way to some very unwelcoming side effects, as you have stated above.

     
    Old 02-22-2004, 09:54 AM   #10
    joeh
    Senior Veteran
     
    joeh's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 611
    joeh HB User
    Re: can anyone give me the 411 on spiro

    give up the estrogen?i dont know what your talking about.you have a chance of getting enlarged breast but i doubt if anybody would even notice.if you do just stop taking it.im talking about spiro for guys with severe acne that have had everything including accutane and nothing works.the biggest risk is permenant sterility.my derm has some guys on it....low doses like 25 mgs so their acne isnt that bad.its entirely up to the guy if he wants to take it or not.it is not without risks.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Does anyone here (women) have acne related to facial hair? Problem after Accutane,ro hmj211 Hair Problems 2 05-19-2010 11:32 PM
    Does anyone here (women) have acne related to facial hair? Problem after Accutane,rop hmj211 Acne 1 01-13-2010 05:23 PM
    Anyone in the UK seeing a derm? ..Or on Spiro? boozle Acne 5 07-25-2007 04:09 PM
    Spiro vs. Yasmin -> anyone who has tried both, please help!!! kittenkaboodle6 Acne 5 09-12-2005 07:58 PM
    Anyone takin Spiro (aldactone)? Sky77 Acne 3 09-24-2004 06:15 PM
    Anyone had any probs with potassium levels & spiro? 22Girl Acne 6 06-12-2004 10:34 PM
    Has anyone had the "intial breakout" with Yasmin that lasted MORE than a month? knut Acne 61 12-04-2003 10:49 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!