It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Exremely sensitive red face; what should I use?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #1
    bassace

bassace HB User
    Exremely sensitive red face; what should I use?

My face is abnormally discolored and red at my chin line up. It looks worse under bright lights. I've tried Proactive, but it only made my face even more red. Now when I even try to wash with regular soap it turns even more red and weird. I cant go to a dermatoligist because I'm at a boarding school in the middle of no where. I'm thinking I might have rosacea, but I'm pretty young for that (17). I've never even had acne until last August. I'm taking Evolution X B5 supplements now, just started. Does anyone know of any treatments for extremely sensitive red faces?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2004, 07:36 PM   #2
    bassace

bassace HB User
    Re: Exremely sensitive red face; what should I use?

Is anyone going to help me???

Old 02-19-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
    ironbojangly14

ironbojangly14 HB User

Try using a nice moisterizer with vitamins E and C in it for sensitive skin. That's what i use for my redness. Ummmmmm, oh ya if u think the redness is from the sun, get some aloe vera. That's all i can think of. hope this helps.

Old 02-20-2004, 01:47 AM   #4
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User

Start out with a really gentle cleanser. I recommend Dove (the white bar) unscented, sensitive skin formula. It's gentle, doesn't dry out the skin, is noncomedogenic, hypoallergenic, etc. And once again, i must recommend 100% jojoba oil. It's just a really awesome moisturizer and safe enough to use for extremely sensitive skin. I could write a lot more about it, but, sorry, it's getting late, so i recommend checking out the "Skin Problems" board for info about it. And oh yeah, wear sunscreen during the daytime.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:13 AM   #5
    jojo64
    Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Is your skin dry and flakey as well as red?

Old 02-20-2004, 08:17 AM   #6
    Nicko12
    Inactive

Nicko12 HB User

Surreal Meal is right, use Dove soap unscented sensative that is good stuff. See, when you have acne sometimes it comes with the redness and inflammation I think that is how you spell it. I have learned that all those products stink and are crap, I tried everything pro activ on two accounts, its too harsh for your face, I know its hard no one wants pimples or a red face, but Less is More, and I learned this the hard way even only having acne for 2 years, my face is completely clear now, except for 2 little ice pick scars which the one is almost fully gone and the other is pratically gone. Here is what I do, I steam my face 2-3 times a week for 10 minutes, I add tea tree oil to my forehead that is my main spot, and then I put the Aveeno Mask on one night out of the week. Also, I found out that since I use to sleep on my face that was making my acne, I don't sleep on my face no more either. I am also taking multi vitamins and 1 500 mg pill of B5 everyday. I can tell you now for some reason my face has so much less oil It is just crazy. That is what I do and then just wash it with regular DOVE sensative unscented soap.

Old 02-20-2004, 12:21 PM   #7
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User

Bassace -

These are questions you should be asking your doctor, not us. Even if we were medical professionals, which we're not, we couldn't tell anything without actually seeing you.

My first two thoughts were allergies and roseacea. Only a doctor could diagnose either of those.

Old 02-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #8
    Hoxy

Hoxy HB User

I just want to 2nd the suggestion on jojoba oil. I've been using it for 5 months now and I absolutely love it. I couldn't use any moisturizer before, and then I discovered jojoba oil and now my skin is hydrated and soft.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:56 AM   #9
    bassace

bassace HB User

I already tried using dove soap; it just makes my face a weirder red too...

I really feel hopeless; I wouldn't mind having regular acne I guess, but this is just too abnormal. I just don't understand it... Need to see a dermatoligistbut I can't. I'm thinking of tying med something or other's rosacea crap. Its so discouraging you have no idea.

Old 02-21-2004, 10:53 AM   #10
    Nicko12
    Inactive

Nicko12 HB User

The sensative unscented Kind? Because the normal kind is just like any other soap sort of, the sensative skin kind along with being unscented works really well for me.

Closed Thread