It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• 4 months and still no results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2004, 02:56 PM   #1
    Maindsy

Maindsy HB User
    Unhappy 4 months and still no results

Ive been on roaccutane for 4 months now and ive barely had any results whatsoever. I took 40mg a day for the first 2 months and the 3rd and 4th months ive taken 60mg a day. I really was expecting to be seeing alot of improvement by now after hearing all the great results off people on this board saying they have been 100% clear off it. Im starting to think now that Im going to be in the small minority it doesnt work for as my luck is like that. Anyways just wanted to vent my frustrations. M.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
    Genn
    (female)

Genn HB User
    Re: 4 months and still no results

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maindsy
    Ive been on roaccutane for 4 months now and ive barely had any results whatsoever. I took 40mg a day for the first 2 months and the 3rd and 4th months ive taken 60mg a day. I really was expecting to be seeing alot of improvement by now after hearing all the great results off people on this board saying they have been 100% clear off it. Im starting to think now that Im going to be in the small minority it doesnt work for as my luck is like that. Anyways just wanted to vent my frustrations. M.
    Hang in there! I have read a lot of posts from other people who did not see results until the end, or even, after finishing thier accutane course. Have you talked to your dr. about your concerns?

Old 02-20-2004, 04:31 AM   #3
    Maindsy

Maindsy HB User

Not yet but i have a derm appointment on tuesday. Hope ur right. Just wanna see a point to all the side-affects im having. M.

Last edited by Maindsy; 02-20-2004 at 04:31 AM.

Old 02-20-2004, 09:12 AM   #4
    i'mstuck

i'mstuck HB User

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I just finished month four after being on 50mg, and don't see much improvement. How bad is your acne? I have moderate acne. I usually have one or two pimples, but sometimes I break out with 5 or six. I break out all over my face.

Anyway, I was supposed to be taking Accutane for another month but the dermatologist reduced the dosage to 10mg becuase I've been feeling depressed. I haven't gotten any new pimples since that time, but it has only been 3 days. I'm hoping I'm just one of those people who clears up when Accutane leaves my system. I have very sensitive skin with small pores. Can you tell me more about your acne, I want to see if there are any correlations.

-IS

Old 02-20-2004, 04:20 PM   #5
    Maindsy

Maindsy HB User

i usually have about 8 or 9 pimples but it looks like more cos i get a red mark from every spot i get. And they take months to go too. They are usually quite deep spots too. Have u suffered from redness cos my face is ALWAYS red. ive got a derm apt on tuesday so ill see if im staying wiv same dosage if 60mg but i dont know. Ive not been depressed or anything like that. but i just wanna start seein results. What happens if the accutane doesnt work? this is supposed to be the 'Last resort'. Will i have to just live with my bas*ard acne? M.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:00 AM   #6
    i'mstuck

i'mstuck HB User

I really want to know what this means too. Can't they tell me something about my acne if Accutane doesn't work?

I haven't experienced any redness, but my pimples take a long time to go away and I have a lot of scars too. My acne consists of both deep cysts and little white heads that appear on the surface without hardly getting red. Personally I'm dissapointed in dermatologists. What do they study? I think they should be able to tell things based on what your acne looks like and where you get it, and also why Accutane does not work for some people. I feel like every one I see just guesses.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maindsy
    i usually have about 8 or 9 pimples but it looks like more cos i get a red mark from every spot i get. And they take months to go too. They are usually quite deep spots too. Have u suffered from redness cos my face is ALWAYS red. ive got a derm apt on tuesday so ill see if im staying wiv same dosage if 60mg but i dont know. Ive not been depressed or anything like that. but i just wanna start seein results. What happens if the accutane doesnt work? this is supposed to be the 'Last resort'. Will i have to just live with my bas*ard acne? M.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:11 PM   #7
    reaccter
    (male)

reaccter HB User

i've only just started accutane. it's not been a week yet but i will give some feedback so others can compare experiences. i'm a chinese guy aged 21 weighing about 65kg. i'm taking 40mg of accutane a day. 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night. my acne is moderate. i get spots, mainly white heads, but they start off red and cyst like before developing a white head. when the spots eventually go i get left with brown staining (hyperpigmentation) where the spot used to be. i don't get permanent indents. if an indent is left it is usually too shallow to notice and it heals almost perfectly except for the brown staining which stays for a few months, as it gradually fades away.

anyway onto my experience so far. within 2 hours of ingesting 1 20mg capsule i was experiencing the mild headache. within 24 hours i had noticed a dramatic drop in how much sebum was produced on my face. it's still a bit oily but nowhere near as much as before. i'm also suffering from the random aches from various parts of my body. my face upto now has slowly felt drier but it still produces a bit of oil. the texture of my skin is looking smoother but the smaller fleshy spots are still there and can be seen along with all the other spots i have. i've got a few new spots since i began and it looks like i'm going through the break out period. but so far i'm happier that my skin is less oilier and looking more refined. i'm not getting the redness on the face. i only get some pinkness around my nose and under my eyes during the day.

Last edited by reaccter; 02-21-2004 at 12:14 PM.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:00 PM   #8
    Big_Wreck

Big_Wreck HB User

I took 80mg of accutane for 5 months and never got clear, hopefully you have better luck then me. I still got cysts and broke out daily on accutane. I finally gave up on it after taking accutane a total of 6 months. I pretty much thought if accutane wont work nothing will, but thank god for B5. If accutane fails you like it did me, you might want to try B5, cause i am 100% clear now thanx to it, but it took 4 months to start working. Goodluck to you.

Closed Thread