It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• the truth about the manufacturer of accutane

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2004, 11:40 PM   #1
    noaccutane

noaccutane HB User
    the truth about the manufacturer of accutane

i am sick of people saying this company is being truthful about all the side effects and how often the occur. from 1990 to 2000, out of ALL the companies in the world, roche (makers of accutane) received the most fines for fraudulant business practices. these fines includes lying about medications, lying to get fda approval, paying off drs, and much more. once again this list is not just out of drug companies, it is out of ALL THE COMPANIES IN THE WORLD, pretty amazing considering this relatively small company could commit so many crimes and accumulate a half billion in fines in ten years.

i am a 19 y/o and in a one month period i lost over half the hair on my head and body from accutane. despite that i have since quit accutane i am still shedding like crazy, this is not genetic at all, baldness doesnt not run in my family, and even if it did, it is not normal to lose 1/2 of your hair during 4 weeks, natural balding is gradual. for those of you that say this is a "rare" side effect? well its not in men, the only two other people i know that took accutane two years ago, both have permanent hair los and are still losign (they each lost about 1/3 of their hair so far) one is my age, the other is 17. it is a general pretty much equal losing of hair all over. do not rely on this fraudulant company to be truthful about the side effects. their past speaks for itself. if you are a male and take this medicine, be prepared for permanent hair loss, accutane permanently damages the glands. also women have been affected (but less common)

Last edited by moderator2; 02-24-2004 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Not allowed to post commercial websites or with message boards. Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top of the board. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2004, 06:22 AM   #2
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User
    Re: the truth about the manufacturer of accutane

you can heal from this.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:24 AM   #3
    Pymp22
    (male)

Pymp22 HB User
    Cool Re: the truth about the manufacturer of accutane

Quote:
    Originally Posted by noaccutane
    i am sick of people saying this company is being truthful about all the side effects and how often the occur. from 1990 to 2000, out of ALL the companies in the world, roche (makers of accutane) received the most fines for fraudulant business practices. these fines includes lying about medications, lying to get fda approval, paying off drs, and much more. once again this list is not just out of drug companies, it is out of ALL THE COMPANIES IN THE WORLD, pretty amazing considering this relatively small company could commit so many crimes and accumulate a half billion in fines in ten years.

i am a 19 y/o and in a one month period i lost over half the hair on my head and body from accutane. despite that i have since quit accutane i am still shedding like crazy, this is not genetic at all, baldness doesnt not run in my family, and even if it did, it is not normal to lose 1/2 of your hair during 4 weeks, natural balding is gradual. for those of you that say this is a "rare" side effect? well its not in men, the only two other people i know that took accutane two years ago, both have permanent hair los and are still losign (they each lost about 1/3 of their hair so far) one is my age, the other is 17. it is a general pretty much equal losing of hair all over. do not rely on this fraudulant company to be truthful about the side effects. their past speaks for itself. if you are a male and take this medicine, be prepared for permanent hair loss, accutane permanently damages the glands. also women have been affected (but less common)
    The severe side effects do not happen as much as you think. I know atleast 20 people who have went on accutane, including myself, and nothing severe happened to them. The biggest concern was dry skin and dry, chapped lips. And, I would much rather have dry skin and dry lips that I can moisturize then a face full of acne! I loved accutane. It worked just like my derm told me it would. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it is only a temporary solution.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:09 PM   #4
    Genn
    (female)

Genn HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pymp22
    The severe side effects do not happen as much as you think. I know atleast 20 people who have went on accutane, including myself, and nothing severe happened to them. The biggest concern was dry skin and dry, chapped lips. And, I would much rather have dry skin and dry lips that I can moisturize then a face full of acne! I loved accutane. It worked just like my derm told me it would. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it is only a temporary solution.
    I know 10 people who have taken accutane at various times ove the past 20 years. None of them ever suffered any long term side effects at all. The only side effects any of them had were dry lips during treatment.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:45 PM   #5
    slick33

slick33 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Genn
    I know 10 people who have taken accutane at various times ove the past 20 years. None of them ever suffered any long term side effects at all. The only side effects any of them had were dry lips during treatment.
    C'mon Genn, you're overgeneralizing. J/K, I'm on your side on this argument.

Old 02-24-2004, 02:42 PM   #6
    annonymousgirl

annonymousgirl HB User

I just started accutaine... the only side effects I have had is moderately dry skin and very dry and chapped lips.

Old 02-24-2004, 04:54 PM   #7
    triggert

triggert HB User

I'm curious as to how many mgs of Accutane you were taking when all of these side effects occured.

Thanks,
    Trigg

Closed Thread