It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Hydrogen peroxide

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2004, 07:44 AM   #1
    Teresa470

Teresa470 HB User
    Hydrogen peroxide

I found this information and it made me wonder if perhaps something as inexpensive as hydrogen peroxide would make a good toner.
    Thoughts?

Hydrogen Peroxide is written as H2O2, and when it breaks down it becomes O1 plus water H2O. Hydrogen Peroxide has a molecular weight of 34.02. It is 94.06% oxygen and 5.94% hydrogen. Benzoyl Peroxide (C14H10O4) has a molecular weight of 242.22. It is 69.42% carbon, 4.16% hydrogen, and 26.42% oxygen. You can see by the oxygen differences that hydrogen peroxide is superior in liberating more oxygen to the skin. Dr. Wm. Campbell Douglass, M.D. in his book Hydrogen Peroxide – Medical Miracle, writes: “Hydrogen Peroxide is involved in all of life’s processes. Hydrogen Peroxide is truly the wonder molecule. The cells in the body that fight infection, called granulocytes, produce H2O2 as a first line of defense against every type of invading organism, parasite, virus, bacteria and yeast.” Hydrogen Peroxide is used to cleanse the skin after extractions, and is used as a Peroxy Mask in the Acne Facial and the Oxygen Facial. It is also sold as a Peroxy Gel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2004, 08:21 AM   #2
    Sky77
    (female)

Sky77 HB User
    Re: Hydrogen peroxide

Teresa470,

Last night, I tried using Hydrogen peroxide on a couple of my very small pimples. I washed my face, used my toner, and my moisturizer and than used a q-tip to put the HP on my pimples. It started to sting really bad and started bubbling. Now I have 3 really really red chemical burns on my face. I don't think you should use it... it's WAY too strong, and be careful how you used it because there could be a chemical reaction to the other stuff you are using it with.....

Old 02-24-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
    Teresa470

Teresa470 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sky77
    Teresa470,

Last night, I tried using Hydrogen peroxide on a couple of my very small pimples. I washed my face, used my toner, and my moisturizer and than used a q-tip to put the HP on my pimples. It started to sting really bad and started bubbling. Now I have 3 really really red chemical burns on my face. I don't think you should use it... it's WAY too strong, and be careful how you used it because there could be a chemical reaction to the other stuff you are using it with.....
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for the information/warning.

Old 02-24-2004, 11:08 AM   #4
    euro18

euro18 HB User

It depends how you use it. It can be very EFFECTIVE. When i feel a spot forming i put 3% hydrogen peroxide on it and it won't appear. However, if I put 3% hydrogen peroxide on a spot that was already formed , it would make it grow very large. It can be good, you just have to be careful how you use it and don't use anything which has a % of hydrogen peroxide greater than 3%.

Closed Thread