It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Initial breakout on Yasmin..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2004, 04:48 PM   #1
    Sable
    (female)

Sable HB User
    Initial breakout on Yasmin..

Okay, I just started taking Yasmin like 4 days ago...

I was just wondering how bad the initial break out is supposed to be? And did anyone start breaking out on their cheeks?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2004, 06:38 PM   #2
    latayy26
    Veteran
    (female)

latayy26 HB User
    Re: Initial breakout on Yasmin..

The initial breakout is very different for everyone. Some people don't even have one. I took Yasmin about 2 years ago and it cleared me up right away with no initial breakout. However, I was stupid and switched to Ortho Tri Cyclen since it was very cheap at my university. OTC was not bad but did not work like the Yasmin. So I switched after about 6 mos. on OTC back to Yasmin and this time I did have an initial breakout that lasted about 3 months. It wasn't horrible and definitely got better each month, but it occurred mostly on my chin area. I've never had a problem with my cheeks. Most people I've read about on this board who have had an initial breakout with Yasmin seem to have some trouble with their chin/jawline. Most say that the initial breakout lasts up to 3 months and for a few it may take longer to become clear. Just give it time because it really helps a lot of people!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
    MJayel
    (female)

MJayel HB User
    Re: Initial breakout on Yasmin..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sable View Post
    Okay, I just started taking Yasmin like 4 days ago...

I was just wondering how bad the initial break out is supposed to be? And did anyone start breaking out on their cheeks?
    I have been on yasmin for a week now and have had the worst break out yet. I had mild acne before starting the pill, but now I'm developing big red cysts everywhere - especially on my cheeks. It is very frustrating and depressing.

Closed Thread