It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

The idiots guide to B5

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2004, 02:49 PM   #46
artlan
(male)

artlan HB User
Re: The idiots guide to B5

Quote:
Originally Posted by a140
Artlan,
I do remember losing more hair than usual while I was taking B5. There always seemed to be a ton coming off onto my hands while washing it and there was a lot more than usual in the drain after showering. But it wasn't enough that I ever got all that concerned about it. I still had lots of it left on my head and it didn't feel really thin or sparse to me or anything.
Thanks for your reply...

Did your hair completely stop falling out now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2004, 03:32 PM   #47
Chomie

Chomie HB User
Question Re: The idiots guide to B5

How much Biotin to take with b-5?

Old 10-06-2004, 12:48 AM   #48
Whiteboy 3000

Whiteboy 3000 HB User

do u get the twinlab stress b-complex caps?

Old 10-06-2004, 12:23 PM   #49
a140

a140 HB User

artlan,
Yes, my hair seems to be just fine now. But like I said, it wasn't a huge problem for me before. I actually lost more hair when I was on Accutane, I think. I don't know how common that is. Are you still on B5? How much hair are you losing?

Old 10-06-2004, 04:08 PM   #50
artlan
(male)

artlan HB User

Quote:
artlan,
Yes, my hair seems to be just fine now. But like I said, it wasn't a huge problem for me before. I actually lost more hair when I was on Accutane, I think. I don't know how common that is. Are you still on B5? How much hair are you losing?
I stopped taking B5 over two years ago, and my hair loss hasn't stopped one bit.

I am losing plenty, and by plenty I mean my scalp is showing, my hair is thin...I don't know what to do.

Old 10-06-2004, 04:32 PM   #51
ClearlyUnclear

ClearlyUnclear HB User

Does B5 help Back acne?

Also, im not a fan of pills, Does B5 come in liquid form? Thanks people

Old 10-06-2004, 06:38 PM   #52
stasia12
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

why do u have to take the complex at a different time than the five?
and do u have to take biotin if you are female, i heard thats only to prevent hair loss in the males////?

Old 10-06-2004, 07:43 PM   #53
a140

a140 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlan
I stopped taking B5 over two years ago, and my hair loss hasn't stopped one bit.

I am losing plenty, and by plenty I mean my scalp is showing, my hair is thin...I don't know what to do.
Have you seen your doctor about this?

Old 10-06-2004, 07:52 PM   #54
artlan
(male)

artlan HB User

Quote:
Have you seen your doctor about this?
I've seen a doctor. He did the regular blood test and said that everything was fine.

There are scalp biopsies, and other ways of measuring vitamin/mineral deficiencies, but they get pretty expensive.

Have you ever seen a doctor regarding your problem?

Old 10-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #55
a140

a140 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlan
I've seen a doctor. He did the regular blood test and said that everything was fine.

There are scalp biopsies, and other ways of measuring vitamin/mineral deficiencies, but they get pretty expensive.

Have you ever seen a doctor regarding your problem?
That sounds familiar. Yes, I did see a doctor. They did a regular blood test and the only thing that came back a bit off was my sodium. I guess it was a little under the normal range. And at one point, I also had an MRI done on my brain to check for MS due to my symptoms. That came back negative, thank God.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:35 PM   #56
just_imagine

just_imagine HB User

I just read this entire thread and it's convinced me to finally try B5. I've been reading about it on these boards for a couple years now and never taken the plunge. My skin looks like crap and I've tried everything but Accutane pretty much. May as well give B5 it's turn. I'm nervous about taking so many pills though - 20 pills a day?! I might be sick...is there any way around this? Why doesn't B5 come in pills of larger doses for crying out loud.

When should I expect to see results by (ie. how long should I continue this experiment before calling it quits)? 4 weeks?

Old 10-07-2004, 09:10 PM   #57
stasia12
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

[QUOTE=Memnoch636]Pure and sb undefinedPeople need to know how to take B5. This is a very simple plan: If you are just starting on B5, you should really try to get more than 5 grams a day. That should be split up into evenly spaced doses, and taken with water. Biotin (another b vitamin) should be taken with every dose. Once a day take a B complex vitamin at a different time than the B5.
Itís best to take B5 before you eat. 15 minutes before you eat. I have found taking it with food is ok, but I would suggest before a meal.
Chapped Lips? Drink more water.
Multivitamin? Thats your call.
Topical gel? Whatever you want.

Headaches and insomnia are actually caused by malnutrition and not the B5. Hair loss is a chain reaction caused by an insufficient intake of Biotin. Again, take biotin with B5, and you wonít get brittle hair.

The initial breakout period is different for everyone. Most people will get the breakout in a certain area of your body. It will not last. B5 helps your body eliminate toxins. Some of these toxins will be eliminated through your skin in the form of large cysts. This looks bad, but in truth is very good for your body.
Typically after 4 months on a high dose of B5, you can lower the dose to whatever you feel comfortable with. The normal maintenance dose would be from 1to 5 Grams a day.

Look-u cant go around telling people that this is a cure. THere are people on this board who have tried it and it hasnt done anything, and some have had bad effects. Also-they have taken high doses that are from good companies-and have been on this board a long time. No one should continue b5 treatment if they start to have bad side effects, like you say everyone is different and this treatment has yet to be proved medically in the united states. You have also neglected to mention whether someone should take b complex one hundred or fifty and how much biotin is necessary. YOu complain people dont do it right but you dont offer exact instructions.

Old 11-28-2004, 02:59 PM   #58
usedtobewantsittoend
(male)

usedtobewantsittoend HB User

does anyone know of another website with unbiased or "scientific" info on b5 for acne? every site i've seen is either selling b5, so they're biased and pro-b5, or selling something else, so they're against b5. thanks.

Old 11-28-2004, 03:45 PM   #59
Face Off

Face Off HB User

Hi , I am going to ask a dumb question because I am unsure...

I bought Jamieson Enhanced Potency B 100 Complex ... (100mg of Pantothenic Acid, B6 etc...)

Is this enough?? It says for adults take 1 caplet daily with a meal... Would it be safe if I took 2 caplets per day???

Old 11-28-2004, 08:13 PM   #60
LkK2507
(female)

LkK2507 HB User

I found a website that says taking a bunch of B5 is bad for you. you never know what you find on the net though. I am taking a multi vitamin that says it has 10mg of Pantothenic Acid. I doubt that is enough to do it though. I wonder if I can find B5 at one of those health stores.

Closed Thread