It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• oral antibiotics after accutane

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2004, 06:25 PM   #1
    joshsd54321

joshsd54321 HB User
    oral antibiotics after accutane

I was wondering if it is normal to get oral antibiotics after you have been cleared from accutane to maintain the good results. Topical retinoids are to irritative so I want to go on oral antibiotics when I am done with accutane tretment as maintainence. Also, how long is it safe for somone to stay on antibiotics to treat their acne? Thanks a million

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2004, 07:27 PM   #2
    stevetobias
    (male)

stevetobias HB User
    Re: oral antibiotics after accutane

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joshsd54321
    I was wondering if it is normal to get oral antibiotics after you have been cleared from accutane to maintain the good results. Topical retinoids are to irritative so I want to go on oral antibiotics when I am done with accutane tretment as maintainence. Also, how long is it safe for somone to stay on antibiotics to treat their acne? Thanks a million
    What i can tell you is that i was put on antibiotics for acne and it seemed to do absolutely nothing. I basically trusted the doctor that they would work -- i usually don't like putting **** like that into my body. Eventually i stopped taking it all at once, and there was no change in my skin. I recently read how horribly unhealthy antibiotics are, and really regret taking them. I can't even imagine accutane -- it's probably healthier to snort coke.

I highly recommend Perricone's "The Acne Perscription."
    Putting antioxidants directly on my face helped ALOT. I am almost entirely clear now.

Closed Thread