It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Topical Spiro/Male Spiro Usage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2004, 06:37 AM   #31
    Clark

Clark HB User
    Re: Topical Spiro/Male Spiro Usage

That's great Geoff. Are you using Aldactone or a generic brand of spiro?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 07:53 AM   #32
    member86
    (female)

member86 HB User
    Talking Re: Topical Spiro/Male Spiro Usage

I am so glad to hear that spiro has been working for you Geoff I have been taking it for 2 months and I am happy to say that today I don't have one pimple on my face! (whereas before I had at least 20, with cysts too).

Congratulations with your progress and I hope it keeps working for you like it has me!

Old 04-25-2004, 09:40 AM   #33
    steven2984us
    (male)

steven2984us HB User

holy cow! please keep us posted, grimey!

Old 04-25-2004, 12:53 PM   #34
    Grimey
    (male)

Grimey HB User

Thanks everyone for your support! Clark, I'm using a generic brand. I'm not sure of the manufacturer. Maybe joeh or someone out there have taken these same tablets before can provide more info. Here's a pic of the tablets I've been taking:

[url]http://img58.***********.com/albums/v177/gjc25/5013.jpg[/url]

Geoff

Old 04-25-2004, 01:30 PM   #35
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

best thing i ever used to clear my skin and i had everything 2/3 times over.yea spiro isnt for everybody but when acne is making your life a living hell.im seeing a doctor for this and getting blood test.remember its no cure and you have to take it most everyday.i guess if a guy gets sterile then he will be cured of acne.you wont be producing much testosterone.really it up to a guy to decide if his acne is bothering that much to take spiro.if you acne is mild to moderate then there is no need for a guy to take spiro.this is really for the most severe cases.

Old 04-25-2004, 01:43 PM   #36
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

thats looks like the generic brand grimey.mine is generic too but mine are white and have a m 437 on them.aldactone is the brand name.i told my md i wanted the generic.....it cheeper and works the same.my skin is still great after 19 months.grimey maybe after your skin has cleared you can bring it down to 50 mgs a day.while your skin probably will break out it will be controlable with maybe just over the counter products.least you wont end up sterile.or you can risk it stay at 100 mgs if you value your social life over your sexual life.you can still have sex....like kissing ect...you just can have sexual intercourse.i think it makes you a better person inside because you arnt thinking of sex all the time.

Old 04-25-2004, 02:24 PM   #37
    steven2984us
    (male)

steven2984us HB User

does spiro control oil product though?

Old 04-25-2004, 04:43 PM   #38
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

your sebasious glands are over producing sebum(oil) because either your producing too much testosterone(androgens)or your sebasious glands are sensitive to androgens.spiro is a anti-androgen so what you are doing is suppressing your male hormone.females have male hormone too.thats whats causing your acne.another really good anti-androgen is cyprotone acetate which is in the bc pill diane-35.this is not a approved drug to use in the united states.spiro is a legal drug in the usa.you will notice your skin getting drier each day until it will be normal like your skin was before you had acne.then your acne will go but it might take a month or 2 to they go away.you might have the red spots linger longer....i dont know.your hair will also no longer be greasy and will actually grow better.you also dont perspire as much this means you can be a slob and still look good.the main side effect for guys is since they arnt producing testosterone their sex drive is dimished and you could be sterile if used long enough.but there are ways to use spiro without getting sterile.now if you combine spiro with estrogen and your a male under 20 you will take on feminen like appearance.it would be like your suppressing the male and promoting the female,but spiro alone wont turn you into a girl.male testosterone causes body hair,your vocal cords stretch which will cause your voice to lower.it might hinder bone development if a male takes it before their body matures.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:33 AM   #39
    Clark

Clark HB User

Thanks for the info Geoff and Joeh. It's good to know that the generic appears to work as well as the brand name.

Please keep us updated Geoff.

Old 04-27-2004, 07:10 PM   #40
    Clark

Clark HB User

Geoff - Is the spiro still doing good things for you? Are you still side-effect free?

Thanks!

Last edited by Clark; 04-27-2004 at 07:13 PM.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:54 PM   #41
    seamus
    Inactive

seamus HB User

Joeh, 2 questions for you:

1. Have you experience any side effects? (i.e. breast size increase, sterility (that you know of))
    2. Can you eat anything you want while on spiro?

Last edited by seamus; 04-27-2004 at 11:37 PM.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:37 PM   #42
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

im on 100 mgs a day of spiro and 2.5 premerin....pregneat mare urin or estrogen from a horse.im over 40 so i wouldnt get much breast development.if your mom and sisters have large breast then you might get some breast development but it would go away when you stopped the drug.remember i dont think any male under 30 should be taking spiro or prem unless nothing else worked or acne was making there life unbearable and everything else has been tried.its say on the label to take with foods but i usually just take it when i get up.you get thirsty a lot but its no big deal.it calms you down a lot.i have no idea if im sterile or not.i dont want to stop taking spiro but when your clear your at greatest risk of becoming sterile.it surpresses your male sex hormone know as testosterone.if your under 30 you might try saw palmetto and get the spiro topical.i havnt had any real bad side effects.basicly do you want clear skin or sex.i cant have sex but i can still love girls.i cannot feel sexy because im not producing much sex hormone.this is what i have experenced.spiro should be a last resort for guys even after accutane for this reason.acne is caused by male hormone aka androgens and your sebasious glands being sensative too them.you might want to check out the so-called male anti-androgens.i have never had them and know they are much more expensive than spiro.spiro works wonders on a guys acne too but you stand a good chance of being sterile for life if on after 4 months.everybodys different so i dont know if i quit taking it i could have sex or not.i would rather have a social life over a sexual one.im sorry thats just me.

Old 04-28-2004, 07:13 AM   #43
    euro18

euro18 HB User

Joeh and co:

I have taken spiro internally for a few months. I stopped a while ago, cos I was getting tender breasts and I didn't think it was working much. However, I did extensive research before I took it (illegally) and I didn't find anything to say that it can cause sterility (unless you take it for years and years at a high dosage) It is prescribed to men for baldness too (altho somewhat reluctantly by doctors) . I don't think people should worry too much about its effects if they take it for no longer than 6 months . I think sweetjade has said a similar thing.

Old 04-28-2004, 08:39 AM   #44
    steven2984us
    (male)

steven2984us HB User

How is the spiro working geoff

Old 04-28-2004, 08:48 AM   #45
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

where are you guys getting your topical spiro? also are you using the 2% or 5% version?

Closed Thread