It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Topical Spiro/Male Spiro Usage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2004, 05:01 AM   #76
    flim flam
    Inactive

flim flam HB User
    Re: Topical Spiro/Male Spiro Usage

Joeh, how long did it take for you for the spiro to start working? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2004, 09:07 AM   #77
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

it started drying my skin........well i should say making my skin normal in about a week...and in less than 2 months i was completely clear.but i also have not sex drive at all.the more your sex drive is dimished the better it works.i thought i had the worlds worse skin before that.i mean nothing worked and i had everything 2 times or more over.

Old 05-16-2004, 12:25 PM   #78
    malia81
    (female)

malia81 HB User

to everyone on spiro:

how many mgs are you taking? and do you take it with or without food?

Old 05-17-2004, 06:04 AM   #79
    Clark

Clark HB User

I am currently trying 50mgs/day, taken with or without food (usually without). I provided an immediate improvement (within a week), but has begun to trail off. I was experiencing mental fogginess when I began taking it (and when it was working best), but soon that went away and in came diminished effectiveness. I'm not sure if what I refer to as "mental fogginess" is what others refer to as reduced sex drive. All I know is that my brain was processing things much slower. Actually this is a real pain.

I also deviated from my usually strict diet during the first few days of spiro because it seemed to be working. I'm going to try the low dose spiro for a while longer in addition to my strictly maintained diet and see what the two can do in tandem.

Old 07-14-2004, 05:29 AM   #80
    Clark

Clark HB User

Here's an update with my spiro usage -- I have continued on 50/mg day spiro, along with topical tazorac. This combination has been working great for me, at least as far as skin improvement. I have experienced some side effects, the most prominent being physical fatigue. I am now tinkering with reducing the spiro dosage to see if that helps.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #81
    zak7
    (female)

zak7 HB User

Hi Board, I am a 27 year-old biological male who is transitioning into a woman and started hormones in Feb. of this year. In addition to 1.3 ml of estrogen which is injected, I also take 100 mg (2 pills) of androcur per day. Androcur is not available in the United States, so I get it from Canada, but I was told it is superior than spiro. Anyways, even though I already had clear skin, I notice that my skin is a lot softer and I have diminished hair growth on my body and I think face. I am clearing my face with electrolysis as well to become totally smooth. I plan on getting a sex change when I am passable enough. I do have a female name, but I will not say it here because that I think would be against posting rules. Just wanted to say that it has been about 8 months on this regime, and I basically have no more sex drive (Oh, I am into guys only and am exclusively submissive in the bedroom, so you can figure out how I have sex for now, lol). And when I do have sex, I do not ejaculate. I am not sure if I am sterile or not, but I really do not care about that, as I do not plan on using my sperm for children. But as a "straight female", I enjoy the diminished sex drive and the fact that I am not getting semen all over the place. Hope my experience can help out some guys who are experimenting with testosterone blockers in this thread.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:18 PM   #82
    kesae
    (female)

kesae HB User

SweetJade1, I just wanted to know where you got your information about the beta sitosterol being more effective than saw palm. because I thought I read somewhere that it is less effective than saw plam. I'm just wondering.

Closed Thread