It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• It's Now or Never!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2004, 06:18 AM   #16
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User
    Re: It's Now or Never!

MsMeaganMay

WOW thank you so much again MsMeaganMay, you outlined everything so well and have really reassured me with regards to the Parasite cleanse. I feel much more confident about doing them now. I think what I am going to do is follow your regime closely as you obviously seem like you know what you are doing. I'm probably going to start off with the P&B shakes for at least a week, just doing them to see how my body reacts. I'll do one P&B shake per day and gradually build up. After a week or so I will introduce the Parasite cleanse using the lowest dosage/ kids' version if there is one.

What I would like to know is how can these cleanses be incorporated into daily activities. For example, if I wake up in the morning and do a P&B shake on an empty stomach, how long will it take till I have to go to the toilet AND how many times will I need to go to the toilet. After having been to the toilet, will my body be back to 'normal'?

When I introduce the Parasite cleanse into my routine, when do I take it with regards to the Bowel cleanse/P&B Shakes? Should I have a P&B shake in the morning, wait, go to the toilet, have breakfast, wait an hour then do the Parasite cleanse? Or should I do the Parasite cleanse in the evening? What I am worried about is the fact that all these cleanses may harm my digestive/filtration system in the body. Are we definitely sure the body can handle all this flushing out of waste as it is not used to levels such as this.

I read somewhere that Bentonite clay is can also be used as a cleanser on the face. Apparently the clay rehydrates the face and removes the toxins from it, have you tried this as it sounds interesting? Clay is definitely good for the skin. I'm still divided whether to buy the Bentonite liquid version or the powdered version. At least with the powdered version it will last a really long time and you can make loads from it. The only problem is it takes a few nights for the powder to be rehydrated and prepared. How are you finding the liquid version, is it easy to drink?

With regards to the liver cleanse, the recipe you are using is a 1/4 cup of oil and 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice...do you mean Olive Oil when you say oil? This recipe sounds much better than Dr.Hulda's one. I definitely am a bit worried about any gallstones getting jammed in my gall bladder if I did ever do full flushing. And you say to do these before bedtime, so does that mean it takes a whole night for this body to clean itself out? I assumed that as soon as you start drinking the liquids for all these cleanses, your body immediately wants to go to the toilet...well that is a relief if this isn't true

So far, what do you think of your experience with these cleanses and is your skin looking better, fresher and more alive? I really hope so. To put our bodies through all this, we deserve at least a good reward such as clear skin . While doing all these cleanses, I know you need to follow a very clean and healthy diet but I just read that all canned food should not be eaten especially fresh fish because it contains a high number of parasites. Ahh I always eat canned Mackerel fillets fished from Portugal because of the Omega 3 value and now they say we can't grrr..I guess it's just fruit n' veg then.

Prometheus

Thanks for the encouragement but it was you that first opened my eyes to all these cleanses which I am most grateful for. You say the liver flush is ancient, are you referring to the one followed my MsMeaganMay or the Dr. Hulda's one? I am very weary of Dr. Hulda's one because she says somewhere we should add HCL to the recipe aswell which I think is insane! Moreover, it seems like it is a very heavy cleanse, those epsom salts seem pretty powerful and the chances of getting gallstones stuck must be pretty high. I really don't want to risk it. I much prefer MsMeaganMay's version.

Can I ask how come you advise to stay away from Probiotics because I have read everywhere that soon after doing the Bowel cleanse, you should refill your body with the 'good bacteria'. Is this wrong?

Finally can I ask, like MsMeaganMay, whether you have a previous posts that contain useful info on this subject matter because I am sure you have written extensively on cleansing. Thanks again...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2004, 06:47 AM   #17
    Max_Payne

Max_Payne HB User

Is Milk Thistle good for cleaning the liver too?

Old 03-29-2004, 07:23 AM   #18
    MsMeaganMay

MsMeaganMay HB User

Ok..let's see if I can answer your questions... If I skip any, just let me know! That's a good idea to start the bowel cleanse a week before the parasite cleanse, just to make sure your bowels are moving well. What I do (for now) since I am only doing 1 P&B shake a day is get up in the morning, do the P&B shake...wait an hour...take my morning dose of Paragone...wait 30 minutes....have breakfast. The P&B shakes should be done an hour before herbs/supplements etc...and an hour before/after food. So eat, wait an hour, do the P&B shake, wait another hour, take your dose of paragone...then 30 minutes or more afterwards...eat again if you like. Don't go with the kids version of paragone, go with the regular adult version. In the instructions it says if you are under 150 pounds you may want to cut the dosage in half..or if you experience ill side effects you can also cut the dosage in half. I'm fairly small, so I went ahead and decided I would follow the version with the half dosage. The instructions are simple...and like I said before, most people don't experience bad side effects or terrible sightings . I started my P&B shakes yesterday and had no problems. About an hour afterwards I had to go to the restroom...but it wasn't anything bad, just like a very good bowel movement. I would get the liquid bentonite, just because the powder has to be rehydrated. I purchased a 32 oz bottle of liquid bentonite (Yerba Prima Great Plaines Detox Liquid Bentonite) at my health food store for $13.99 and the Psyllium whole husk was $7.99. I haven't tried the bentonite on my skin, so I wouldn't know. I'm sure Prometheus might though . I have read about it before..just never tried it though. As far as easy to drink..well...I'm not to sure about that lol. I mixed the liquid bentonite and the psyllium together and added water (all in an old washed out almond butter jar) and then shook it up....then drank quickly, followed by another glass of water. The mixture was a bit like water with small chunks/pieces..so I'm not sure if I got it quite right...but I followed all of the directions exactly and it did make me produce better bowel movements..sooo...I think it was fine. My skin is looking fresher and more alive, along with my eyes and the rest of my body. It's amazing...once I pass out things (even after my first P&B shake), or after detox type symptoms go away..I feel WONDERFUL. Better than I can ever remember. I always thought at my age it wasn't possible to have more energy than I already do.....but it is!! As far as the Liver flush goes...that is what is called a "mild liver flush". There are also other versions of mild liver flushes(involving more ingredients...or flushes done over a 7 day period), and some that are more complicated and result in producing more things. The one I posted is one that is recommended on the places that I have seen Dr. Hulda's version. Wait until you have finished your parasite kill (or are atleast halfway through it or into the third week) before doing the liver flush if you decide to do them. The one I listed is not known to produce stones too often..but it does get out other junk. As for now I will try the mild flushes..simply because my situation/surroundings/and other things do not permit the bigger flushes at the moment. As far as eating fish...I would still say you could consume it if you wanted...once or twice a week. The diets are only recommendations..but you should still try to follow them as best as you can. Paragone recommends eating fish and chicken...although it is suggested that if you eat any meat you cook it well. As far as bowel cleansing goes..it is suggested that you try to avoid meat (as often as you can). But, like I said before, alot of people don't follow these diet recommendations, and, while some do, they generally cheat a bit (having bread, alcohol, or other things not recommended)...so I would say that if you do eat fish...fish is better then the other things listed above . I still eat fish once a week, usually canned wild alaskan salmon. So if that makes you feel any better about that.. I also have been eating a hand full of raw pumpkin seeds in the evening. I'm not too fond of them, but I know the parasites aren't either Anyhow, there are diet recommendations..as I said before...but you don't have to be perfect about it, but do try to eat very clean. I, personally, do not want to lose anymore weight and sometimes these cleansings can make you loose a bit...so I haven't followed the diet's 100% perfectly. Paragone suggests you only eat almonds, although a few days before starting I bought some brazil nuts and walnuts...so I have snacked on those a few times. It also suggests that the only fruit you eat is apples...and I had grapes the other day. But, to give you an idea of what I have eaten in a day..it's something like: golden delicious apples, granny smith apples, kombu sea vegetable, fresh herb and spinach salad with chopped zucchini and avocado, raw almond butter, raw almonds, raw sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, lemon water, broccolli and cauliflower...and so on. Now, the bowel cleansing diet says just to eat pretty clean as well....fresh vegetables, fruits, occasional or no meat, salads, nuts, seeds, vegetable soups, and lots of water. So, try to follow them as best as you can...just do what works for you best . Ohh..and I forgot to mention about the mild liver flush that I posted before.... What I read was that the only rule for these was to do them on an empty stomach..that's it..no other rules. But, when I do try these, I am going to do them at night on an empty stomach, just so that I can lay down and rest afterwards and not have to worry about possible side effects happening during the day. Oh, and as for the epsom salts, like I said before..most people stopped using them. But, some still do, and they help keep things moving (out). As for the flush recipe...Yes I did mean olive oil (extra virgin, cold pressed). Keep us updated

Old 03-29-2004, 07:33 AM   #19
    MsMeaganMay

MsMeaganMay HB User

Oh..and Neca...if you have pets you may want to consider doing a parasite cleaning program on them as well.

I love pets Though unfortunatly, Pets=parasites But, there are things you can do to help keep your pet healthy and parasite free

Old 03-29-2004, 07:56 AM   #20
    Teresa470

Teresa470 HB User

You say the cave people never did anything this complicated but they did follow certain aspects such as using minerals such as Bentonite for both internal and external cleansing. Furthermore, they didn't have so many toxins invading their bodies as we do now such as: pollution, pesticides, chemicals, bacteria etc. so our bodies have to work harder to clean themselves as much as possible.

So, cave people didn't have acne? And if not, how do we know this information??

Old 03-29-2004, 06:32 PM   #21
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Meagan,

How long have you been doing the cleanse now? I have pretty much made up my mind that I want to try the bowel cleanse and the parasite cleanse... but I am concerned about it interfering with work. I would want to start over the weekend, just because I don't know what to expect. You said you had flu like symptoms when you started the parasite kill? How soon did those start, and how long did they last?

I hate the thought of having that stuff inside of me.....

Old 03-29-2004, 07:01 PM   #22
    MsMeaganMay

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by indy gal
    Meagan,

How long have you been doing the cleanse now? I have pretty much made up my mind that I want to try the bowel cleanse and the parasite cleanse... but I am concerned about it interfering with work. I would want to start over the weekend, just because I don't know what to expect. You said you had flu like symptoms when you started the parasite kill? How soon did those start, and how long did they last?

I hate the thought of having that stuff inside of me.....

The parasite kill since March 22..which makes it..8 days The bowel cleanse for 3 days. All of my flu like symptoms etc. have passed and I've been feeling great. I'm a college student and neither have interfered with my daily schedule. But, as I mentioned before, alot of people don't experience any symptoms at all . Ohh and the flu like symptoms started the day after I began Paragone. The very first P&B shake gave me a small stomach cramp afterwards (but then I had a very good bowel movement) and that was all...no other ill effects. Take care

Old 03-30-2004, 08:37 AM   #23
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    But, to give you an idea of what I have eaten in a day..it's something like: golden delicious apples, granny smith apples, kombu sea vegetable, fresh herb and spinach salad with chopped zucchini and avocado, raw almond butter, raw almonds, raw sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, lemon water, broccolli and cauliflower...and so on.
    Hmm that made me so hungry, lol. It goes to show that we can all still eat nice food while being health-conscious. I am so glad that these cleanse programs are really working for you and your minor symptoms have now virtually disappeared. That is great! How was your skin before doing the cleanses and how is it now?

You have outlined everything perfectly and I now know exactly what I am supposed to be doing. I have been searching online to try and track down the relevant ingredients. As I am in the U.K., choice is limited but there are definitely products out there. I have been able to find Bentonite Clay in powder form and Psyllium husks in capsule or powder form. I think I will purchase powder versions of both. But are Psyllium husks a better alternative than powder? Under the site's description of the Bentonite clay it says "this is a French green clay", is this correct? I didn't think it was green? With regards to the Parasite cleanse kit, this seems much harder to locate. I found one site that sells an anti-parasite kit that contains: "Black Walnut" tincture (50ml), 120 Clove capsules and 120 Wormwood capsules. Do you think this is rather limited in the sense that it won't remove a high number of parasites? I may have to buy the paraGONE kit from the U.S. but international shipping costs are pretty high.

After you have drunk your P&B shake, do you replace the lost bacteria with probiotics? I know Prometheus doesn't take probiotics but I have read in several places that you should refill your body with 'good bacteria'. If this is correct, do you know which probiotics should be taken...L. acidophillus, B. bifidum, L. bulgaricus, S. thermophilus etc.?

Thanks again MsMeaganMay for all your feedback, you've been a great help !!! I do hope your cleansing continues effectively, I can't wait to get started now, lol.

Old 03-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #24
    gisburnuk

gisburnuk HB User

I use two types of medication that CAN cure the condition. Every morning, and night I would swallow two oxytetraclyne tablets (It's purpose, is to kill the bacteria within the skin, essentially unblocking the pores). I also apply benzoylperoxide to the effected places on my skin morning and night (It's purpose, is to dry the skin and kill the bacteria on the surface of the skin). your bodies skin the defence only works within your body (that being the antibodies and other various). The skin does NOT have skin defences on the outside that will combat the situation of acne, and the antibodies within your body would NOT help acne. Essentially your skin will worsen if you do not take action!
    Regards, James

Old 03-30-2004, 10:59 AM   #25
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gisburnuk
    I use two types of medication that CAN cure the condition. Essentially your skin will worsen if you do not take action!
    I don't want to sound obtruse Gisburnuk but you obviously haven't had acne long enough if you consider antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide to be THE cure. Both products are short-term remedies to the problem, in the long term the bacteria in your body will become resistant to these products bringing back your acne all over again. What will you do if you need to take that antibiotic for another health problem (more serious than acne) and you can't because it will be ineffective due to resistance!? Moreover, you think you are solving your problem when in fact your are creating several more with regards to your overall health. Antibiotics can damage your organs in many ways, too many to list again and if you don't mind putting peroxide on your face then go for it.

I feel that at least trying to cure acne naturally from the inside is a much safer way of attacking the problem. The reason why so many people do not do the methods that Prometheus, MsMeaganMay, SweetJade and I are following is because it takes a lot of commitment and determination! Everyone wants to pop tablets, use ointments, smear their faces with cream, all labelled with the words "Acne Cure" as they think it is a 'quick fix'.

But this is my opinion and we all have our own methods/routines/regimes of trying to cure acne so if you think it is working for you and you are happy then I hope it continues to show positive effects.

Last edited by Neca; 03-30-2004 at 10:59 AM.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:03 AM   #26
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    Oh..and Neca...if you have pets you may want to consider doing a parasite cleaning program on them as well.

I love pets Though unfortunatly, Pets=parasites But, there are things you can do to help keep your pet healthy and parasite free
    Lol, I was thinking about this too. I have a dog and he is always scratching himself which never really bothered me before but now I know all about these gross parasite things I am thinking of buying a parasite umbrella God knows how many flies, ticks, parasites shoot off him when he scratches. I guess I will have to detox my dog too...that sounds so weird.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:28 PM   #27
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

MsMeaganMay do you think it is ok if I use fresh lemons rather than grapefruits when doing the liver cleanse because the only grapefruit juice I can find is that awful carton stuff that is full of artificial colourings, flavourings etc..

Old 03-31-2004, 02:35 PM   #28
    MsMeaganMay

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neca
    MsMeaganMay do you think it is ok if I use fresh lemons rather than grapefruits when doing the liver cleanse because the only grapefruit juice I can find is that awful carton stuff that is full of artificial colourings, flavourings etc..

I've read that lemons are just fine to use in place of grapefruit I'm not sure if I could handle that much lemon lol...but others have with no problems.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:51 PM   #29
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Ok great I will give it a go, if it is too harsh using the lemons I guess I will have to track down some grapefruit. MsMeaganMay did you read my post on the previous page regarding probiotics? Do you take any probiotics after doing the bowel cleanses? Thanks..

Old 03-31-2004, 06:55 PM   #30
    MsMeaganMay

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neca
    Ok great I will give it a go, if it is too harsh using the lemons I guess I will have to track down some grapefruit. MsMeaganMay did you read my post on the previous page regarding probiotics? Do you take any probiotics after doing the bowel cleanses? Thanks..
    Yes, I did read your post. Infact, I had a huge detailed post rambling on about all kinds of things that I posted yesterday (I think)...and I just realized that it's not there....hmm?????? I haven't been taking the probiotics during the bowel cleanse as I have heard mixed opinions on them.
    But, I also don't eat any kinds of junk foods etc...and maintain a very clean, healthy diet which I feel will replenish my body and aid it in everything it needs I honestly can not answer whether you should or should not take the probiotics..but I do know that not everyone does..and from what I've read from others who do take the probiotics..they have generally been people who still continue to consume other nutrient depeleting foods and what not. So I suppose the decision is up to you If you don't...just make sure to give your body plenty of nutrients (juicing is great) and rest...after all..your cleansing and getting rid of nasty toxins/waste and rebuilding your body

Oh...and you should do the parasite kill and bowel cleanse before starting the liver flushes (or atleast mostly finished with them)...but you probably already knew that

Last edited by MsMeaganMay; 03-31-2004 at 06:57 PM.

Closed Thread