It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• It's Now or Never!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-12-2004, 08:26 PM   #331
    down4nyhc
    (male)

down4nyhc HB User
    Re: It's Now or Never!

Does anyone know whether following this diet would be suitable during an operation. I am planning to have a knee operation to repair all my ligaments in August. I want to do the bowel cleanse as the other cleanses after I have read that people on this board were getting such good results as far as overall health goes. I also wanted to ask if anyone could tell me whether drinking alcohol ties into any of this or I should quit that too. I tend to party 3 to 4 days a week where i drink 3 or 4 drinks a night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #332
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by down4nyhc
    Does anyone know whether following this diet would be suitable during an operation. I am planning to have a knee operation to repair all my ligaments in August. I want to do the bowel cleanse as the other cleanses after I have read that people on this board were getting such good results as far as overall health goes. I also wanted to ask if anyone could tell me whether drinking alcohol ties into any of this or I should quit that too. I tend to party 3 to 4 days a week where i drink 3 or 4 drinks a night.
    I think the diet is suitable as long as you are willing to follow it. When you first start eliminating all that processed food, you can feel lousy the first couple of days, so I wouldn't do it the week before or after an operation. However, if you start incorporating it now you should be adjusted by the time August rolls around.

As for the alcohol thing, I really couldn't say. In my opinion (again, this is only an opinion) 9-16 drinks a week are a lot of drinks. But then again, what is it that you drink? Wine, beer, or licor? Alcohol puts extra stress on the liver, which is counterproductive if what you are wanting to do is clean yourself up and be healthy. However, wine has some beneficial properties to it if consumed in moderation. If you want to do a bowel cleanse though, you really should eat as clean (think natural foods) as possible, avoiding alcohol and unnecessary medication.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:53 PM   #333
    down4nyhc
    (male)

down4nyhc HB User

Thanks for the advice indy_gal. I just started the p&b shake regime today and felt a little weird at first. however all i had all day was fruit, nuts and some salad with few peices of grilled chicken. im gonna try to not eat meat at all for a few weeks and try to replace it with some sushi or salmon if possible. the shakes taste a little weird. as for the alcohol i usually drink whiskey like jack daniels. i think it might be hard to lay off of that for a while since all people in nyc do for fun is go out to bars but ill try that anyway. thanks to everyone on this board for posting up all this advice which helped me out a lot. even though i just posted here yesterday for the first time i have been reading the board for a week or so.

Old 07-14-2004, 01:09 AM   #334
    Joe_Dude
    (male)

Joe_Dude HB User

Well here is the deal:

I've been on this bowel cleanse for over two 1/5 weeks now including fasting.I had buckwheat every other day during that period and still did not notice a thing.The shakes are even beyond gross and I really have a hard time taking them.Besides, as for the toiletthing, nothing has changed.I don't go more often now I am on this bowel cleanse.No difference in my acne either.I did clear up a bit but Im sure thats mostly because I have not eaten anything bad in the past weeks.My cheeks are still red though, I went out in the sun yesterday and looked at myself in the mirror in the evening and they were hella red so Im not going in the sun anymore.So as this bowel cleanse is not really giving remarkable results, I might as well start the liver cleanse this Saturday.At least it's a one day thing.I know that you have to do all those other cleanse in order to have best results while doing the livercleanse but my bowels are somewhat clean after so many shakes so even slight results after the lvier cleanse would do for me.At least I would know, all these cleanse do work and could start again with the bowel thing in a few weeks more determined knowing that it does work, I just have to hold on.So anyway, what are your thoughts on this? Do you really think all these cleanse do make a difference for your acne?

Old 07-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #335
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

down4nyhc - yes, they do taste weird. For me they are more tolerable if I do the following: use warm water instead of room temperature water. Also I mix the psyllium husks and the water together first, then add the clay. Otherwise if you add the clay and husks together before adding water, you get more chunks (which is disgusting to swallow). And, make sure it is a tall glass of water, followed by an additional glass of water afterwards.

Also, make sure you take them on an empty stomache, at least 1 hour before or after eating.

JoeDude - Are you only eating buckwheat? Nothing else? If that is the case then you are missing out on lots of vitamins/minerals/antioxidents. Combining a variety of veggies along with some raw nuts/seeds is important while doing the cleanses. That may be a big reason why you aren't seeing results.

I haven't done the liver cleanse yet, although I am taking some herbs which help. For me the cleanses had a big impact in my skin. Neca (the person who started this post) did not have as good of results. Everybody is different, so I guess you won't know how your body will react until you try it.

Old 07-14-2004, 06:53 PM   #336
    Ratman
    (male)

Ratman HB User

I figure this is the best place to post this since everyone posting on this thread has made some trips to the health food store and looked into cleansing and healing acne from the inside.

For the last month I've been doing a Candida cleanse using Candigone. In short, you can get Candida overgrowth by taking too many antiobiotics or eating unhealthy for a long period of time. It's basically when a yeast called Candida Albicans, which is normally found in VERY small amounts in the intestine, overgrows and turns into a fungal form and grows roots, called rhizoids, into the intestinal wall. This causes the intestine to become porous, allowing toxins and undigested proteins into the blood stream. This is called Leaky Gut Syndrome and can cause a lot of problems, one of which is acne.

I figured that I could have this since I'd eaten horribly for many years and been through a lot of antibiotics because of my acne. Well, I'm at the end of the Candida cleanse and things are doing better. I just went for 3 days with no new pimples on my neck, which is pretty good. Now I've got some on my neck and a few others, but my face is in better shape than it was before I started. But I'm not clear, so I'm not satisfied.

I was searching the web and I came across this one website where this guy describes how to clear up acne for good. Unfortunately it's one of those sites where they tell you why you have acne, and other people don't, and even the steps to clearing it up, but they leave out all the details and ask you to buy the book this guy has written. It doesn't sound like a scam. The guy gives very good reasons why one person has acne and another, no matter how bad they treat their bodies, doesn't have acne. He says it all boils down to the liver in a person with acne not being able to effectively clear excess and previously used hormones or purify blood. So basically, someone with acne has a "weak" liver that allows hormones and toxins to spill over into the blood and then cause acne.

Anyways, my question is: Does anyone know anything that can balance hormones and purify blood? I know I've read about stuff that balances hormones and also stuff that purifies blood, I just don't know what it is or how well it works. I know this is kinda off topic with what you guys are discussing, but I figured you guys would be able to help more.

Saw my reflection and cried
    So little hope that I died

Old 07-14-2004, 10:56 PM   #337
    Fury23

Fury23 HB User

Excercise and diet can balance hormones

Old 07-14-2004, 11:58 PM   #338
    Joe_Dude
    (male)

Joe_Dude HB User

''JoeDude - Are you only eating buckwheat? Nothing else? If that is the case then you are missing out on lots of vitamins/minerals/antioxidents. Combining a variety of veggies along with some raw nuts/seeds is important while doing the cleanses. That may be a big reason why you aren't seeing results.''

Well, I don't know what other veggies I should eat and the preparation of 'em.But I guess I'll have to enrich my diet a few more levels in order to see better results.Anyway, I decided not to give up on the bowel cleanse, just a few more weeks.I noticed my stool being green so who knows it might is working after all.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:00 AM   #339
    Ratman
    (male)

Ratman HB User

But I already have a pretty decent diet. No candy. Vegetables. Some fruits. Lot of sandwiches and salads. Flax seed with most meals. Almost nothing but water. And I work out almost every day.

Saw my reflection and cried
    So little hope that I died

Old 07-15-2004, 03:48 AM   #340
    euro18

euro18 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ratman
    Lot of sandwiches and salads. Flax seed with most meals. .
    if you want to balance hormones - look into a low-glycemic diet. This essentially involves cutting out refined carbs such as brea.d THus, lots of sandwiches may not be good fo ryou. Also are you having potatoes or pasta w/ dinners? Again, this isn't great either.

Old 07-15-2004, 05:46 AM   #341
    Joe_Dude
    (male)

Joe_Dude HB User

Ugh Im so fed up with this, I have an important event coming next week and yet my acne has not improved one bit! I have been eating very good for almost a week now and it looks the same.So my girlfriend suggested me to buy Clinique pressed powder just to press away the redness and take away the oily look.We went out to bought one today and when I have it on, you'd never tell that Im suffering from acne well not that severe at least.But im just afraid that this clinique thing will mess my skin even more, maybe not while wearing it but after taking it off.I wish I could have clear, one toend skin without having to wear makeup for some big nights.And to even think of the fact Im a guy....not ashamed of wearing makeup, Id just want my face to improve so I wouldnt have to worry about it that much.

Old 07-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #342
    down4nyhc
    (male)

down4nyhc HB User

Hey Prometheus, I noticed you mentioned restaurants in NYC, more specifcally in Manhattan. I was not sure whether you live here or were just visiting. In either case, do you know of any other ones in midtown area. I work in the city and am confined to the same garbage food everyday because I don't want to walk too far as it would take away from my resting time. I don't mind spending $10 for lunch everyday if it is something that is good for me. If you know anything in the 50's please let me know because I'm tired off the usual. Also, did you ever hear of a healthfood restaurant called "The Pump".

Old 07-19-2004, 01:29 PM   #343
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

I have had acne since I was 16, it started on my back and antibiotics kept it from spreading to my face, that was untill they wouldn't work anymore, then It just exploded.

Anyway, I have for the last 2 years been trying out different diets and vitamins with no success, but a big reduction on my back, but my face still looked like a dart board, well that was untill I read this thread, and I have read most of it. I have now been doing the bowel cleanse for the last 2 weeks and my skin looks great, I still have a couple of red marks that I think will dissapear in time, I have been eating a healthy diet i.e Vegetables, Salads, Organics meats, Seeds. I have also noticed that I seem to breakout when consuming any nuts, the amount of Iodine in nuts could be the possible cause, I feel fantastic and am deffinently going to continue with Parasite Cleanse, that is if I can find the kit in Holland. I've searched a little for it, I hope my local Health Food Shop will try and order Paragone for me.

Thanks to all who contributed there experiences in this thread.

Closed Thread