It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• It's Now or Never!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2004, 09:50 AM   #31
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User
    Re: It's Now or Never!

The topic regarding probiotics is an interesting one because I also follow a similar 'clean' diet like yours but we have to remember that not only do all the bad bacteria is removed but alot of the good bacteria is passed out too. So maybe it would be a good idea to take a small amount of probiotics to replenish and rebuild all the lost good bacteria. It should also help boost the immune system in a quicker amount of time but I'm not sure how effective these manufactured probiotics are. So as you say, following a healthy diet may replenish the good bacteria, at least I hope it does. If it is the case I assume eating foods which contain high amounts of minerals, vitamins and other nutrients are necessary.

Yep I will definitely do the liver cleanse sometime after completing the bowel/parasite cleanse, I was just getting prepared. By the way, do you think after drinking alcohol, it would be a good idea to do a liver AND kidney cleanse to remove all the toxins?

Damn I'm sorry your post you wrote got lost/deleted sometimes these boards can act weird. How are cleanses going, though? Are all flu-like symptoms completely gone still? Well I hope your regime maintains its effectiveness and I will let you know when I start mine. Good luck..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #32
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Yes..the topics regarding probiotics is quite interesting and controversial. I myself don't take them...but everyone is different. Most of the people who seem to recommend them are those who do extensive bowel/colon cleansing (some for 2-6 months at a time). I don't drink alcohol so I'm not really sure about the liver and kidney cleanse afterwards. The cleanses are going great Passing out not so great looking stuff....but that's a good thing I don't feel like I've passed out everything that is yet to come though. All detox symptoms have disappeared and I have been feeling great. Most people start passing parasites, mucuous plaque, and the other nastier stuff in the last week or so...so as gross as it sounds...I'm waiting for those weeks to get here. Good Luck to you too! When do you plan on starting everything?

Old 04-01-2004, 01:20 PM   #33
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Oh I thought all the 'nasty stuff' comes first not last, lol. At least that will give me some time to prepare myself I am actually beginning to worrying all this detoxed material is going to break my toilet !!?? I spent ages searching every single possible website for details regarding international shipping and finding the right one. I did, however, managed to find one that would ship to me at a good price so when my bentonite clay and psyllium husk powder arrives I will start!! I guess it should be here in 5-7 business days or so fingers crossed.

That's excellent that your detox is going very well, are you still finding it hard to get those P&B shakes down as I have heard the husks don't dissolve or make the shake go all clumpy?! Apparently as soon as the psyllium husk has been added to the bentonite clay, you are supposed to drink it or else it might get stuck when you swallow it...is this true??

Old 04-01-2004, 02:33 PM   #34
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Lol, Nasty stuff does come first..although I've heard you tend to pass more/bigger things towards the end..(and can continue passing things even months after the cleanse)...so just because your finished with the cleanse..doesnt mean everything is done coming out . The shakes are a bit "clumpy"..I mix the 2 ingredients, add water, and drink down very fast..which is sometimes hard to do considering 1. It's a bit chunky which makes it feel terrible going down (i just make sure there are no chunks big enough to choke on before I start gulping down the mixture) , and 2. the taste makes me want to gag. However I do manage to get them down, along with another glass of water, and have no problems with anything getting stuck in my throat and what not. I have the liquid bentonite..which dries up VERY fast once it has been poured..so I assume if you did not drink the mixture fast enough (dont think you have to down it in 1 second or your going to die lol)....that it could possibly get stuck. One thing that has been cool since starting the cleanses is that the skin on my face (in areas that I have leftover discoloration) has been slightly peeling. Who knows why...but its making the texture/coloration look much better My eyes are looking much better as well. Hopefully more wonderful things to come

Old 04-01-2004, 04:36 PM   #35
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Guess what? I just got back from the Natural Food store with a bad full of goodies:

1. Psyllium husks
    2. Bentonite clay (liquid)
    3. ParaGone
    4. Some liver cleansing herbs (pill form)

The guy that works there talked my ear off explaining all the different cleansings there are out there and how good they are for you. He told me that if acne is my main concern, he recommended doing the bowel cleanse and the liver/kidney cleanses/flushes. He seemed to think that the parasite kill wasn't necessary. I told him that I am 26, that I did antibiotics long term when I was a teenager, then did Accutane, then went on birth control pills for 6 years. He said my liver could really use a cleansing, that I'll have lots of toxins to eliminate due to all the medication I used to take. (and I'm sure my prior eating habits didn't help none).

He highly recomended the Acidophilus to build up a healthy intestinal flora, but I didn't buy them because I was already spending a small fortune. I'll probably start the bowel cleanse on Monday, since we are going away for the weekend. Maybe I'll start the parasite cleanse one week into that.

I hope this goes well! I am looking forward to having it over and done with. Meagan, what have you been eating while doing this? (I'm sure you've already mentioned it elsewhere, but a reminder wouldn't hurt). Thanks!

Old 04-01-2004, 08:09 PM   #36
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Small fortune..ahh I know what you mean. I go into my natural foods store and seem to come out in debt lol. Good for you for starting the cleanses! I know not everyone recommends that you do the parasite...but I honestly think it is worth it. I'm under 20, but still have seen some come out ...who would've thought. Paragone suggests that you eat raw almonds, raw almond butter, raw seeds (especially raw pumpkin seeds), apples, fish, chicken....stuff like that. As for the bowel cleanse, it is recommended to eat a clean diet with little or no meat and mucous forming foods (breads etc.). Alot of people don't follow the diet completely, while some don't follow it at all..BUT..the better you follow them, the better results usually will be. The bowel cleanse suggests following a diet rich in vegetables, nuts, seeds, salads, fruits, fresh juices, vegetable soups, and water. I would recommend eating atleast a handful of raw pumpkin seeds each day..simply because they are good for both cleanses, plus parasites don't like them.. . The three fruits mostly recommended for bowel cleanses are apples, pears, and berries..although all fruits and vegetables are okay. Get your rest, and drink lots of water...your body is getting rid of nasty stuff and replenishing and rebuilding itself. Good food, good rest, and good juices will help ALOT.
    I personally plan on finishing up my parasite kill/bowel cleanse..then doing 1 or 2 small liver flushes...and then following up with some liver strenghtening herbs (maybe renew life's liver detox kit...not to sure what is all in it though..I'll have to check it out first). So far I've seen lots of stuff come out with the kill/bowel cleanse...and you not only feel better after it comes out...but just knowing that your getting rid of that stuff excites you.

Good Luck!!

Old 04-02-2004, 06:23 PM   #37
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Hey Neca...I know you were a bit indecisive about probiotics..so I thought I'd share this with you

Consider that the bacteria in your gut weigh several pounds, and that there are trillions of them. Taking a pill which only contains several million organisms which may or may not be alive when you take them, which may or may not make it through the stomach acid, which may or may not implant in your gut is not a very safe bet.

A much better approach to gut-bacteria is to make sure that the guts are clean, and that you eat a nutritious diet with plenty of fibre. This way you are feeding bacteria which are already suited to you and helping them multiply. If you increase your trillions of bacteria by even 1% that is much more than any pill can contain. --Garcia

Just a personal opinion of another regular person like us

I wish Prometheus was still around to explain the reasons for not taking probiotics...but I think either shes taking a vacation from the board..or has left for her venture into the airforce.

Old 04-03-2004, 05:41 AM   #38
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    I have the liquid bentonite..which dries up VERY fast once it has been poured..so I assume if you did not drink the mixture fast enough (dont think you have to down it in 1 second or your going to die lol)....that it could possibly get stuck.
    LOL! Oh phew that is a relief! There I was pracitising how quickly I could swallow a glass of water to make sure when I start doing the P&B shakes I get them down super-quick . I think I will just hold my nose when I drink them so I don't smell the grimy stuff.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    One thing that has been cool since starting the cleanses is that the skin on my face (in areas that I have leftover discoloration) has been slightly peeling. Who knows why...but its making the texture/coloration look much better My eyes are looking much better as well. Hopefully more wonderful things to come
    WOW MsMeagan that is great, obviously your skin turnover has been enhanced now as all the new skin is free from toxins. Can I ask whether your discolourations were the result of sun exposure or past acne marks? Is there a big difference in your skin from before you started the cleanses to now and would you say you are 'clear' now? I have heard that the cleanses do reinvigorate the eyes which is great because mine definitely need reinvigorating.

Regarding the probiotics quote, I definitely think this line sums up why probiotics are such debatable subjects 'Taking a pill which only contains several million organisms which may or may not be alive when you take them, which may or may not make it through the stomach acid, which may or may not implant in your gut is not a very safe bet.' There is very little chance the number of bacteria that will actually reach the gut is very low so I think I will follow your advice and hope my diet replenishes my bacteria levels. Thanks for the tip

P.S. I love your Hippocrates quote, very wise!!!

IndyGal that is great you have bought all the 'essentials', I hope the cleanses go really well for you. Please make sure to keep us updated!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by indy gal
    I hope this goes well! I am looking forward to having it over and done with.
    That is the understatement of the century!!! I am dying to do these cleanses aswell.

Last edited by Neca; 04-03-2004 at 05:43 AM.

Old 04-03-2004, 05:54 AM   #39
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

The redmarks were left over from past acne marks...mostly places on my cheeks (which seem the hardest to fade over time)...but they have been....it seems like everyday they are peeling a bit more (and only on these spots ). Well..if you would look at my skin today, it looks the best it has since before I had acne (almost the same..but before I had acne I had a bit of a tan...and when I began using BP in the beginning it messed with my coloration alot...which is finally 99% gone as well). It just looks alot healthier, more smooth, and my complexion looks much more evened out (since beginning the cleanses). I had alot of eye redness and itchiness which has DRAMATICALLY decreased. It feels good to wake up in the morning, then look in the mirror and see a bright , clear complexion and eyes. I have seemed to pass quite a few awful looking things...although I don't have a clue as to what alot of them are lol. I've looked at many pictures of things online...but still cant quite identify everything. I suppose alot of it is just old gunk coming out. As for the P&B shakes...I seem to hesitate a bit while drinking them....the taste (along with the smell) is just terrible to me. But I do still manage to get them down pretty quick..and have been doing 2 a day. When are you beginning everything? I'm sure you will have good results ...the hard part is just starting! lol

Old 04-03-2004, 05:54 AM   #40
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Bovine bacterial strains do not belong in human guts. I wish people would just leave the cows alone. They are bad for us in all ways. If you take a probiotic supplement, make sure it does not have caseine in it and that it is certified human strain, otherwise it defeats the purpose of eliminating dairy. A lot of people don't even notice this, and wonder why their acne does not improve when they eliminate dairy. I wouldn't recommend FOS, atleast not taken in powder form, because it feeds mouth bacteria too, and subsequently fungus. I got a mouth fungus from using it once that didn't go away for months and I believe actually spread and made me very ill!!

Take care.

Old 04-03-2004, 06:01 AM   #41
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    Bovine bacterial strains do not belong in human guts. I wish people would just leave the cows alone. They are bad for us in all ways. If you take a probiotic supplement, make sure it does not have caseine in it and that it is certified human strain, otherwise it defeats the purpose of eliminating dairy. A lot of people don't even notice this, and wonder why their acne does not improve when they eliminate dairy. I wouldn't recommend FOS, atleast not taken in powder form, because it feeds mouth bacteria too, and subsequently fungus. I got a mouth fungus from using it once that didn't go away for months and I believe actually spread and made me very ill!!

Take care.
    I agree...if it comes from a cow, just say no .

Surprised (but glad) to see you post! .

Old 04-03-2004, 06:48 AM   #42
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Quote:
    I agree...if it comes from a cow, just say no
    that's right!

Quote:
    Surprised (but glad) to see you post!
    Everything is coming together. I will be here for a little while. My recruiter backed off a bit after I told him that I'm going into the AF no matter what. And I don't think my friend really understood the gravity of the error, being as he volunteered for the military during vietnam. I understand where he is coming from though, being CIA and covert ops, and he was exiled to Korea for a year. This was for honorable reasons, though. Lying isn't exactly an honorable thing, and not something I'm going to do if I don't have to. It's just not in my best interest, since I know I'm going to need a top secret clearance eventually . Copies of the rest of my medical reports should be coming in next week...and then everything should be set to go.

Old 04-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #43
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

I think MsMeaganMay it's probably better if you don't look at what you have passed after cleansing. That's what I am going to do. If I look I will probably have nightmares, lol. I, too, have those really annoying old acne marks that just never fade regardless of what you do/use. It looks like the cleanses are doing a great job on your skin as well as your body. This gives me hope and belief that this is the way to go.

Oh my God, Prometheus you really are going to do military service. That is an amazing jump and interesting challenge. But be careful, because even if you are a reservist, you can still be called up and during times like these you certainly do not want to be called up to go abroad. Do you know what actual role they have given you? Do you know how your body will react in an environment like that especially regarding a 'military diet'. Processed food was originally invented for the military because it has such a long expiry date. Hopefully you might be able to advise them by saying if you actually fed these troops REAL food there would be less friendly-fire incidents .

I take it then probiotics are almost certainly out of the window. I don't think I will take them when I start.

Old 04-03-2004, 02:52 PM   #44
    Sprokets

Sprokets HB User

wow, I hope this all works for you,
    I am not sure I could do it, !!! your a brave person!!

Old 04-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #45
    aquarius0121
    Veteran
    (female)

aquarius0121 HB User

I agree, good luck! Sure you don't want to wait till Kerry takes office jk

Closed Thread