It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• It's Now or Never!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2004, 04:30 PM   #46
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User
    Re: It's Now or Never!

Thanks so much guys for the support, I apperciate it alot but MsMeaganMay, Prometheus and SweetJade are the ones who really do deserve the credit as they not only put forward the idea but they are the ones who have already started this 'assault course' regime. I just hope this is a step in the right direction for me and for alot of other people who spent ages despairing over acne. Will keep ya posted on how it goes..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2004, 07:47 PM   #47
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neca
    Thanks so much guys for the support, I apperciate it alot but MsMeaganMay, Prometheus and SweetJade are the ones who really do deserve the credit as they not only put forward the idea but they are the ones who have already started this 'assault course' regime. I just hope this is a step in the right direction for me and for alot of other people who spent ages despairing over acne. Will keep ya posted on how it goes..

No problem...I think when you've found something that truly works..you want to share it with everyone I just hope your post means that your starting the cleanses I'm interested to see how the cleanses will affect others as well. Plus, afterwords, you will be filled with knowledge to share with others...that's what I'm hoping for as well . Besides..with others doing the cleanses..it makes me feel a little bit more normal lol. Others think I'm a bit crazy for attempting these things! It's not like I want to see things coming out (well in some sense I do..)...but it does feel good knowing that your getting all of the bad out. Plus with others doing them..I think it gives myself, and everyone else more confidence to do them as well! But...acne is telling you something inside isn't right..and it's our job to fix it. So hopefully the bad effects of acne are having a good impact on our nutrition and lifestyle for now and in the longrun. I know that I am SO glad I changed my diet around and am doing cleanses. I look and feel so much better than I have previously in my life....my only regret is that I knew about everything sooner. Take care .

Old 04-04-2004, 06:52 AM   #48
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Quote:
    I agree, good luck! Sure you don't want to wait till Kerry takes office
    hehe, Aquarius it wouldn't matter anyway if he came into office, but Bush is going to be reelected, and we are going to invade Iran.

Quote:
    But be careful, because even if you are a reservist, you can still be called up and during times like these you certainly do not want to be called up to go abroad.
    Well, Neca, that's what being in the military is about, you know. That's something I need to understand and accept or not join.

Quote:
    Do you know what actual role they have given you?
    no

Quote:
    Do you know how your body will react in an environment like that especially regarding a 'military diet'. Processed food was originally invented for the military because it has such a long expiry date. Hopefully you might be able to advise them by saying if you actually fed these troops REAL food there would be less friendly-fire incidents.
    I'll find out when I get there .

As well as Meagan, I am also very eager to hear how it goes for you Neca! So I will definitely check back. Yea forget about the probiotics. Your body has everything it needs. All you have to do is give it the right environment.

Last edited by prometheus; 04-04-2004 at 06:53 AM.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:54 AM   #49
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    No problem...I think when you've found something that truly works..you want to share it with everyone I just hope your post means that your starting the cleanses I'm interested to see how the cleanses will affect others as well.
    Of course I am going to start the cleanses MsMeaganMay, after all this researching, posting and discussing I NEED to start them. I am just waiting for my bentonite clay/psyllium husks and parasite cleanse kit to arrive as international delivery takes some time. They should be here within the next few days fingers crossed. I will definitely let you know when they have arrived and have started them.

Quote:
    Plus, afterwords, you will be filled with knowledge to share with others...that's what I'm hoping for as well . Besides..with others doing the cleanses..it makes me feel a little bit more normal lol. Others think I'm a bit crazy for attempting these things! It's not like I want to see things coming out (well in some sense I do..)...but it does feel good knowing that your getting all of the bad out.
    Oh I can so relate to this . When I was young I threw out my old junk food diet and all my friends thought I was mad too! Even my parents did too. They think if you don't eat junk food/pre-packaged food and only mother nature's food then you are a 'health freak'. This pharse is so ridiculous because it presumes that eating the 'right' food is abnormal! Unfortunately, this is how everyone thinks and they don't want to realise all the junk that is really contained in their foods.

Quote:
    Plus with others doing them..I think it gives myself, and everyone else more confidence to do them as well! But...acne is telling you something inside isn't right..and it's our job to fix it. So hopefully the bad effects of acne are having a good impact on our nutrition and lifestyle for now and in the longrun. I know that I am SO glad I changed my diet around and am doing cleanses. I look and feel so much better than I have previously in my life....my only regret is that I knew about everything sooner. Take care .
    M.M.M. this is soooo very true. We are all in the same boat and it is great how we can relate to eachother's experiences and learn from them. This forum has definitely given me inspiration to try to get to the bottom of this terrible disease. And yes at least we can gain from the positive impact of following a good diet/lifestyle in the future.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    As well as Meagan, I am also very eager to hear how it goes for you Neca! So I will definitely check back. Yea forget about the probiotics. Your body has everything it needs. All you have to do is give it the right environment.
    Great Prometheus, please do stay in touch as much as you can. I hope everything goes well for you

Old 04-04-2004, 04:43 PM   #50
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

You know, I have to admit, the first time I read about drinking clay... I thought it sounded crazy. But when you read about others having good results because of doing this, you do get curious. And if you go do a search for "bentonite" on yahoo, you'll find out some interesting things about it. It acts like a "super-sponge" and basically soaks up all the bad things as it passes through. Tonight I will be trying my first shake...

For me, there have been several factors that have led me to believe this is the best way to go (healthy diet, healthy lifestyle, internal cleansings).

1. I didn't outgrow acne like everybody told me I would. While I could "accept" having acne as a teenager, I don't feel like accepting it now at 26.
    2. The dermatologist told me that I would have to understand that acne is a condition that I would have to live with and treat for the rest of my life. And just like someone who has to take medication to treat high blood pressure, I might have to take medication my whole life to treat acne Personally, I beg to differ.
    3. I have tried everything out there, and if it works, it only works as long as you take the medicine. As soon as you stop, the acne comes back. So, if I need a long term solution it ought to be a healthy one.
    4. As much as I hate to admit it, some foods do affect my skin, and it happens to be the very foods I love the most: cookies, chocolate, sugar, dairy. It is very difficult for me to eliminate these foods, but if I could get clear skin by eliminating them the majority of the time, I am willing to do so.
    5. However, I need to start with a "clean slate". I have been eating somewhat healthy for the past 2 months, and my results have been mediocre because I haven't taken care of the damage that was already done in the past. Because of the long term use of medicines and many years of eating processed foods, my body has a lot of toxins stockpiled. I am sure my liver is not in the best of shape. By doing the cleansings, I can start fresh and then my diet will have an even better chance to show its results through my skin (at least that is what I am hoping for!)

Thanks to all of you who come here and share your experiences! If this ends up working, I will definitely stick around and share it with everyone!

Old 04-04-2004, 06:09 PM   #51
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Quote:
    The dermatologist told me that I would have to understand that acne is a condition that I would have to live with and treat for the rest of my life. And just like someone who has to take medication to treat high blood pressure, I might have to take medication my whole life to treat acne Personally, I beg to differ.
    It infuriates me that a doctor would say this to you! They know better! They have to know better! High blood pressure is dietary from excess sodium and/or sodium retention. That is why african americans have more high blood pressure because the only africans to survive the slave ships were the ones who retained more sodium. That a doctor would tell you that you have to understand you have a "condition" that requires medicating for the rest of your life is horrifying. Doctors are supposed to heal.

Last edited by prometheus; 04-04-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:50 PM   #52
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Doctors are supposed to heal.
    I wish that statement were as true as it should be. It's so sad seeing doctors "treating symptoms" and such with tons of medication..instead of getting to the root of problems and healing them.

It makes me even more sad because although I know that medication is not the answer and that you can truly HEAL yourself and your problems..others in my family don't...and don't understand that doctors are not helping them half of the time. It scares me to feel like I'm sitting back watching my family suffer on meds...but you can't make people change...they have to do it themselves.

Old 04-05-2004, 06:39 AM   #53
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Yes I don't think I'll ever understand the mindset. Do people really not know that they can truly heal, or what? As for the doctors..I think ever since antibiotics came out they figured there should be a pill that fixes everything. I just hope they don't try to change people's genes, because that's not the problem at all.

Old 04-05-2004, 07:23 AM   #54
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Yes I don't think I'll ever understand the mindset. Do people really not know that they can truly heal, or what? As for the doctors..I think ever since antibiotics came out they figured there should be a pill that fixes everything. I just hope they don't try to change people's genes, because that's not the problem at all.

Sadly, that is what its coming too....trying to "fix" peoples genes.

Although...I must admit that I promote to others about how they should/can "fix" their genes. Through lifestyle and diet

Unfortunatly, they could care less .

But, atleast I've tried

Last edited by MsMeaganMay; 04-05-2004 at 07:26 AM.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:34 AM   #55
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Unfortunatly, they could care less .

But, atleast I've tried
    Give it time, sure stubborness and the need for a quick-fix is inherent in the majority of people but I see more and more people beginning to listen to the fact that drugs don't fix anything. I mean it doesn't take a genius to work out doctors' vicious circle that patients must experience. They go see their doctor to get a diagnose, the doc then gives them some medicine, the medicine is taken for a few weeks, patient realises it doesn't work, returns to the doc, doc prescribes a new medicine and the whole process starts over again.

People have to realise that if you want something done right you have to do it yourself! Survival of the fittest was never about going to get help, it was about self-preservation.

Old 04-05-2004, 06:29 PM   #56
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

Prometheus,

Yes, I could not believe this dermatologist told me that either. I basically went in there and up front said "I don't want any medication", I only wanted to know what new topicals were on the market since I hadn't been using any for the past 8 years. She said that I would never get the results with topicals that I could get with a combo antibiotic/topical treatment. She asked me why I didn't want meds, and I told her that I thought long term usage of meds wasn't good for our bodies. She said that there were studies out there that proved that no harm came from long term antibiotic use.

Anyways, I took my prescriptions for differin and benzaclin and ran with them. I am supposed to have my 2 month follow up the end of this month, and I am hesitant to tell her that I plan on doing the natural approach to healing, in conjunction with the differin gel (the benzaclin is really drying). Topically, I have also been using Aloe gel and Vit. E cream, which I really like.

Last night I drank my first bentonite/psyllium mixture. It kinda made me gag, but wasn't horrible either. I made it with room temperature water, and was wondering if I really need to warm up the water first? I'm using bottled water, and I don't know how to warm it (microwave, stovetop), or if room temp is acceptable? Tonight I will do the second, and starting tomorrow I will probably do 2 a day. Then maybe this weekend I'll start the Paragone.

I have a few more questions: where can you find brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds? They don't seem to be easy to find in this area. Also, I bought some liver cleansing herbs in capsuls that I would like to take, but I don't know if I can take them while doing the cleanses, or if I should wait until I have finished? Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

Old 04-06-2004, 04:45 AM   #57
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Quote:
    She said that there were studies out there that proved that no harm came from long term antibiotic use.
    who is this moron? Ask them what studies!!!!! Give me their number!

What are the ingredients on the liver cleanse pills? No you don't need to warm it up, but just make sure its room temperature and not cold. Look for your nearest whole foods or health food store for the nuts and seeds. Otherwise order em off the internet. It will be funny when you go back they will be like "wow those antibiotics really cleared you up". It actually says a lot that the nurse referred to them as 'meds'. ugh.

Last edited by prometheus; 04-06-2004 at 04:47 AM.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:15 PM   #58
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

You know what, I tried the bentonite drink with warm water this morning and it was much better that way than with room temp water (well, about as good as it gets considering what it is ) Just thought I would mention it for anybody else out there that might do this. How do I know that the drinks are working if I don't notice any obvious changes... if you know what I mean?

As for the liver pills, they have: milk thistle, dandelion root, and artichoke extract. What do you think?

Last edited by indy gal; 04-06-2004 at 04:15 PM.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #59
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Indy_Gal I also started my first P&B shake yesterday, wow what an experience lol!!! Easily described using the word 'gross'! They are definitely very hard to get down especially because I have got the bentonite powder version (the liquid version is coming in the post soon, hopefully very quick!). I'm not sure if this is ok to do but I put a teaspoon of the bentonite powder in about 350ml (8oz) water then add a teaspoon of psyllium husk powder. I just then glug it down. I tried rehydrating the clay and waiting but apparently it takes ages.

Also it's weird because there I was waiting, after drinking the P&B shake, to go to the toilet but the shake never made me go. I thought the effect would be near immediate but of course it isn't and when my bowel movements did eventually come, there was no difference to what I was passing. So I'd also love to know: how do you know if it is working? lol if that is possible to answer ? Hope everyone else is cleansing well and enjoying the taste of those P&B shakes...take care

Old 04-06-2004, 05:34 PM   #60
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

I thought the powder bentonite had to soak for like 12 hours in water first? Not sure though, because I have the liquid form. Yes, no immediate resultsi in my case either... Today I will be doing 2 shakes for the first time, so we'll see if that changes things.

Closed Thread