It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• It's Now or Never!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2004, 06:01 PM   #61
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User
    Re: It's Now or Never!

Yes you should soak it overnight. What should happen is your bowel movements should normalize and you should have 2-3 movements a day. A lot of people do a short fast when they colon cleanse but it isn't necessary. Dietary changes are, though, with this and colon cleanse is just the first step in an entire process. The ingredients sound great Indy, but do you know if your acne is caused by hormonal estrogen dominance? If so you may want to hold off on them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2004, 06:54 PM   #62
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

How would I know if my acne is caused by hormonal estrogen dominance?

Old 04-06-2004, 07:17 PM   #63
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

You get your hormones tested over a period of time. The thing is: colon cleanse, diet, and liver cleanse/flush will heal that too.

Old 04-07-2004, 06:56 AM   #64
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prometheus
    Yes you should soak it overnight. What should happen is your bowel movements should normalize and you should have 2-3 movements a day.
    The directions on the bottle of bentonite clay powder say: "add a teaspoon of the powder to a glass of water and drink or sprinkle over food". I guess it should be ok but this is only a temporary measure until my liquid version arrives. Prometheus my bowels movements each day are normally at least 2-3 so am not sure what change the clay will make on them

Old 04-07-2004, 08:39 AM   #65
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neca
    The directions on the bottle of bentonite clay powder say: "add a teaspoon of the powder to a glass of water and drink or sprinkle over food". I guess it should be ok but this is only a temporary measure until my liquid version arrives. Prometheus my bowels movements each day are normally at least 2-3 so am not sure what change the clay will make on them

That's what I thought at first too...but then realized..during these shakes..its not all about how many you have a day...but what is coming out lol. I was regular before starting the bowel cleanse...but I know I had lots of junk that needed to come out. So, whether your regular or not, it should solve other issues as well. The shakes didnt change much for me the first day or so...then they made me a bit constipated (which i hear happens alot)...so drink plenty (lots and lots!) of water. I just forgot to make sure my water intake was good..once I fixed it..that solved my problem. I haven't seen mucous plaque or anything yet, but I have seen some unusual things (and thats at a glimpse...I dont go searching any further lol). The P&B shakes are terrible, aren't they? Some advice I recieved from another guy who did the cleanse said he drank alot of water, got alot of rest, and added extra bentonite to his shakes..and he felt that it made him pass things quicker and achieve results sooner. Pretty common suggestions I suppose, but I thought the added bentonite was interesting. I'm glad to hear that both of you started the cleanses

Prometheus...I've read that during cleansing old emotions/memories/thoughts can be brought to the surface. I wasn't too sure about that atfirst...but I may be starting to believe it...theres some weird things going on with me lol.

Old 04-07-2004, 10:17 AM   #66
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    That's what I thought at first too...but then realized..during these shakes..its not all about how many you have a day...but what is coming out lol. I was regular before starting the bowel cleanse...but I know I had lots of junk that needed to come out. So, whether your regular or not, it should solve other issues as well. The shakes didnt change much for me the first day or so...then they made me a bit constipated (which i hear happens alot)...so drink plenty (lots and lots!) of water. I just forgot to make sure my water intake was good..once I fixed it..that solved my problem.
    Yeh since starting, I've been constipated and haven't been to the loo apart from when I have had to pass water. I will try up-ing the amount I drink, maybe the clay is stuck somewhere inside me , hope not. Also there must be years of plaque in there so obviously the initial 'clay attacks' are not going to be very effect. The body probably has to get used to what is going on.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
    I haven't seen mucous plaque or anything yet, but I have seen some unusual things (and thats at a glimpse...I dont go searching any further lol).

Prometheus...I've read that during cleansing old emotions/memories/thoughts can be brought to the surface. I wasn't too sure about that atfirst...but I may be starting to believe it...theres some weird things going on with me lol
    MsMeaganMay those two paragraphs made me laugh so much haha very enlightening. I'm sure you don't go 'fishing' afterwards to examine the parasites, lol. And is this really true: old emotions and memories re-appear because of the cleansing? This must be an urban myth or Prometheus is pulling your leg??

Old 04-07-2004, 11:30 AM   #67
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neca
    Yeh since starting, I've been constipated and haven't been to the loo apart from when I have had to pass water. I will try up-ing the amount I drink, maybe the clay is stuck somewhere inside me , hope not. Also there must be years of plaque in there so obviously the initial 'clay attacks' are not going to be very effect. The body probably has to get used to what is going on.

MsMeaganMay those two paragraphs made me laugh so much haha very enlightening. I'm sure you don't go 'fishing' afterwards to examine the parasites, lol. And is this really true: old emotions and memories re-appear because of the cleansing? This must be an urban myth or Prometheus is pulling your leg??
    lol..I was thinking the same thing when I first started experiencing a bit of constipation..."I hope the clay isnt stuck inside of me!"..but from reading I've realized it seems to happen quite a bit, and mostly because you really do need ALOT of water during the bowel cleansing. If constipation still persists, there are other things recommended to relieve it though. I suppose it will get easier to pass stuff further into the bowel cleanse..simply because it wont have to push its way through as much gunk. Lol no I don't go fishing through..but I've read of many people who do! I'm just not that brave! lol. I'll take a glimpse and see if anything looks odd, but whether it does or doesnt...I'm not about to investigate any further! As for the emotions etc. resurfacing..I didn't get that from Prometheus. I've actually just read about it in quite a few places. Just saying that alot of people recall old memories..or old emotions...as they finally pass out of their body. Or something like that....

Take care!

Cheers! (*holding up my P&B shake*)

Old 04-07-2004, 12:08 PM   #68
    Sable
    (female)

Sable HB User

What about doing all this while on Doxycycline? I kind of really want to try this, but my doctor has me on Doxy, and it's barely starting to work. If I stop it now, it could lead to a bigger break out than what I started with?

Does anyone know what would happen to me? If I did the parasite cleansing while on Doxy?

Old 04-07-2004, 02:59 PM   #69
    loretta kay

loretta kay HB User

Hi ! I,am jumping in here, I have always had a disire to do this ,then it accured to me I have IBS & divaticuloses....My concern is I have lazy bowels....in fact they like to take long naps (good reason...evert thing just sitting there for days) this is why I thought about this to begin with, that and my long history of "recreational drug use"..recreational..ya... right.... Will the clay get bound up because of this? YOU REALLY motivate me, I RESPECT YOU"R DISIPLINE>

Last edited by loretta kay; 04-07-2004 at 03:05 PM.

Old 04-07-2004, 04:27 PM   #70
    indy gal

indy gal HB User

I found the following information from a website, and thought it woudn't be a bad idea to post it here for those pondering the notion of trying out a cleansing with bentonite. (I hope that I am allowed to post this without problems...)

"The notion of eating clay to produce internal healing will no doubt strike many as farfetched if not a little primitive. But natural clay, especially the form known as bentonite, has not only been used medicinally for centuries by indigenous peoples around the world, but has, in recent years, been increasingly prescribed by practitioners of alternative medicine as a simple but effective internal cleanser to assist in reversing numerous health problems.

Bentonite clay is one of the most effective natural intestinal detoxifying agents available and has been recognized as such for centuries by native peoples around the world. Liquid clay contains minerals that, once inside the gastrointestinal tract, are able to absorb toxins and deliver mineral nutrients to an impressive degree. Liquid clay is inert which means it passes through the body undigested.

Technically, the clay first adsorbs toxins (heavy metals, free radicals, pesticides), attracting them to its extensive surface area where they adhere like flies to sticky paper; then it absorbs the toxins, taking them in the way a sponge mops up a kitchen counter mess.

Bentonite clay’s adsorptive and absorptive qualities may be the key to its multifaceted healing abilities. Benefits reported by people using liquid clay include: improved intestinal regularity; relief from chronic constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, and ulcers; a surge in physical energy; clearer complexion; brighter, whiter eyes; enhanced alertness; emotional uplift; improved tissue and gum repair; and increased resistance to infections.

Knishinsky’s research suggests that the regular intake of liquid clay (typically one to three tablespoons daily, in divided doses) can produce other benefits including parasite removal from the intestines, allergy and hay fever relief, elimination of anemia and acne, and it reduces heartburn and indigestion by absorbing excess stomach acids.

The best way to drink bentonite clay is on an empty stomach, or at least an hour before or after a meal or immediately before sleeping at night.
    Generally, it is advisable to start with one tablespoon daily, mixed with a small amount of juice; observe the results for a week, then gradually increase the dosage to no more than four tablespoons daily, in divided doses. Drinking clay can be an annual spring cleaning of your gastrointestinal tract or it can be a symptom-focused, self-care method."

Old 04-07-2004, 06:42 PM   #71
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

It wasn't an urban myth for me. When I was fasting, my body was breaking down fat, cells, and proteins inside my body for fuel. All of those have memories, feelings, thoughts, and emotions (and toxins) stored in them. In fact, I would even get distinct cravings for foods I hadn't had in years, probably because that was the food that created that particular fat, protein, or cell. (I came out of the fast a completely different person, according to people who knew me.)

Last edited by prometheus; 04-07-2004 at 06:53 PM.

Old 04-08-2004, 05:31 AM   #72
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Well this morning was great, I actually went to the toilet and wasn't constipated! Lol, I can't believe I am writing this..sounds so funny. Anyway, it seems like my body has adjusted to the clay cleansing and is back to normal. I think it has something to do with how I go about preparing the clay. I have managed to properly rehydrate the powdered clay so now it is nicely viscous and not clumpy as before. I had previously added too much water to the powder which meant the rehyrdation process takes longer. In fact, all you need to do is add about 4 parts water to 1 part clay powder and the end result is loooooads of liquid clay. I think the powder may be better value in the long run as it only needs a small amount to produce alot of liquid clay.

Moreover, you can certainly feel the difference when trying to get down the rehyrated liquid clay compared to the powder version. I managed to get the whole thing down in one without gagging whatsoever which is great . I am now awaiting Mr. mucous plaque to appear but am sure this will take some time.

MsMeaganMay (Cheers to you ), you're right about increasing the water intake. I think this definitely did help the bowels aswell as the entire process. How many P&B shakes are you doing a day? And how is the parasite cleanse going, still getting good results? Also can you remember when you noticed a real change in your skin complexion, like how many days since starting the cleanse?

Sable, I would have to ask: as the Doxy is obviously not working (which isn't a surprise) why do you continue to take it? If I were you I would stop and wait a week or two till your body returns to its 'normal' state then start the cleanse. But I am no doctor, so I would suggest even if you do stop, that you should definitely consult your doc or maybe someone else here knows some info on a situation like this?

Loretta Kay, I would say go for it!!! There is no time like the present and your body is probably crying out for a cleanse if you have used recreational drugs for long periods of time. The only things you need are determination and patience. Just look at Indy_Gal's post about the benefits of bentonite clay. I can't believe this stuff is more widely used!!!! It seems like it treats everything AND it is natural. Why do they force us to shove pills, antibiotics and tablets down our throats when this clay seems like it will treat pretty much everything...grrrr doctors!

Prometheus oh my God that is amazing if it really does happen and your explanation seems pretty damn good! I can't even begin to imagine how someone will feel when this process occurs. Now I definitely am looking forward to progressing through this cleanse! You say you came out a completely different person...in what sense? Revitalised?

Old 04-08-2004, 05:56 AM   #73
    prometheus
    Inactive

prometheus HB User

Neca,

Glad you figured it out and it isn't constipating you. That's definitely not what we want! What I meant is completely different person. Because of this, I think what we eat not only determines what we are but who we are. I didn't notice the difference, but my friends and people who knew me before did and they remarked about it often with amazement so I am inclined to believe them. Good luck with the rest of your process. Perhaps adding more psyllium husk or drinking more water later on might help keep everything going smoothly?

Old 04-08-2004, 09:56 AM   #74
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User

Heya Neca, hows the cleansing going? Sweeping out any bad stuff? This has been quite a week for me...not only have I been over my head in college and work activities...but I've also had other funny things happening with me. I have been extremely hot all week (no fever..just hot all of the time), and have not been able to sleep a wink hardly. Which is unusual for me, since I generally am a slightly cold person and always in bed and up at a set time. It's not only the fact that I'm not very tired at night...but also that I have been constantly having thoughts or things on my mind that I haven't thought about/remembered in years. But, although I haven't had nearly as much sleep as I should be getting, and I've felt a bit down (and hot!)....I actually am looking healthier each day (from what I can tell and what other people have told me)...a bit ironic, huh? My overall health appearance (and brighter skin/complexion and eyes) really started showing at about 1 1/2- 2 weeks into the parasite kill...and a few days into the bowel cleanse. I'm on my 5 day break from the parasite kill..and I'm only up to 2 shakes a day right now (I'll start 3 tomorrow). I have gradually increased my shakes fairly slow compared to some people. For 3 or 4 days I did one shake....3 or 4 days two shakes...now I'll move up to 3. I actually believe that I may have had some parasites and other things that were blocking alot of my nutrient absorbtion..simply because ever since starting these cleanses I not only look healthier..but I've also put on a few pounds (not too noticable..but now my body figure looks healthier)...which is what I have been struggling to do for quite awhile and haven't been able to do (*though most people tend to lose a few pounds on the cleanses*). Keep us updated on your progress

Old 04-08-2004, 02:13 PM   #75
    erica1213
    (female)

erica1213 HB User

ok, so i kinda think that this whole cleansing thing is a lot of BS...seems like the sick feelings and the wormy feelings could just be really bad indigestion from all of the crap you're ingesting. And the stuff you're pooping out might just be the stuff you're ingesting reacting with digestive juices etc.

BUT... I admit I'm curious. And I'm also to the point, where I'll consider anything. So... could you keep me filled in on you progress (condition of your skin before, during and after this whole process). Also, are you just following the instructions that Prometheus listed at the beginning of this post or are you following more detailed instructions from somewhere else? What are you eating while you do this?

Should I give this a try?

Closed Thread