It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• MARVELON - like Yasmin??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2003, 04:36 AM   #1
    Amycola83

Amycola83 HB User
    Question MARVELON - like Yasmin??

I just went to the doctor to try to get some Yasmin for my skin but she wouldn't put me on it. She said (in her opinion) she thought the success rate of Yasmin wasn't as good as Dianette (which i've been on before and didnt work for me), or Marvelon...which she has prescribed me, (all birth control pills).

I hadn't heard of Marvelon before and wondered if anyone has been on it or heard any good/bad press about it? I looked it up on the net and didnt get many results, the only thing I found which was quite interesting was that Yasmin and Marvelon have been compared and have quite similar effects on acne. Can anyone shed any light on this Marvelon??

Thanks xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2003, 06:23 AM   #2
    lameass

lameass HB User
    never heard of marvelon, but i was on yasmin for quite a while. I had very very bad acne when i was a bit younger and yasmin does help quite a lot.giv it time to kick in.

Old 03-20-2003, 06:38 AM   #3
    stillwaiting

stillwaiting HB User
    Marvelon is the same as orthocept and desogen. Try doing a search on orthocept. I have been on this for a good 3-4 months and think it works well; however, i have been doing clearlight also so that may be contributing. I tolerate this pill well, and it works the best on regulating my menses. Good luck

Old 03-24-2003, 06:58 PM   #4
    camden
    Veteran

camden HB User
    Smile

I was on marvelon for three years before the birth of my daughter and for another year after, for the sole purpose of birth control. I can tell you however that I don't recall any acne problems. When I switched to depo provera I noticed acne within a couple of months and thought this new birth control was causing it. Went back on marvelon and acne cleared up so I'm assuming that it wasn't the depo causing the acne, rather the marvelon clearing it up!

Old 03-25-2003, 08:29 AM   #5
    Amycola83

Amycola83 HB User
    Thumbs up

Thanks for clearing some of that up for me...('scuse the pun!)

Well I have been taking Marvelon for a week now and already I've noticed a difference in my skin. It looks like its clearing up really quickly...of course it may not be due to the Marvelon but if it is then fingers crossed this will continue!! (knowing my luck it probably wont tho!!) I'll keep you all posted anyway of any improvements or non-improvements! so far i'm a very happy bunny as nothing has worked for me ever apart from roaccutane.

Very interesting about what Camden said too.

Old 12-06-2004, 04:51 AM   #6
    lilliputty

lilliputty HB User
    Re: MARVELON - like Yasmin??

I am thinking of switching to Marvelon. I took Dianette (Diane 35) until a year ago and now my acne is back. Has anyone had any weight gain on Marvelon? One of the reasons I quite Dianette is because I was gaining loads of weight.

Old 12-06-2004, 04:36 PM   #7
    bordrgrl
    Inactive
    (female)

bordrgrl HB User
    Re: MARVELON - like Yasmin??

I'm on Desogen, U.S. version of Marvelon. My skin has definitely improved. But my appetite is a little out of control. I've been fighting it though and haven't gained weight.

Closed Thread