It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Tomatoes Really Help Blemishes!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2004, 10:29 PM   #1
    Loving_Life

Loving_Life HB User
    Talking Tomatoes Really Help Blemishes!!

I started eating tomatoes after I read that it can really help get rid of blemishes... I've been eating alot for about 5 days now ... and all my blemishes are less visible! This is SO cool! So I had to tell you guys this!

<EDIT>
    I just found out on the web that rubbing a slice of tomato on your face can reduce the redness of your pimple! I haven't tried it yet though. It also said rubbing a slice of lemon on your face can heal old scars. Interesting, eh?

Last edited by Loving_Life; 04-16-2004 at 10:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2004, 11:40 AM   #2
    pherpher1
    Inactive

pherpher1 HB User
    Re: Tomatoes Really Help Blemishes!!

please keep us updated

Old 04-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #3
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Loving_Life
    I just found out on the web that rubbing a slice of tomato on your face can reduce the redness of your pimple! I haven't tried it yet though. It also said rubbing a slice of lemon on your face can heal old scars. Interesting, eh?
    Loving_life, there are many benefits we can reap from natural remedies but you will probably find that consuming lemons and tomatoes to be more beneficial to your all-round-well-being and skin than if you just pasted them on your face.

There isn't a more effective way to resolve skin problems than by doing it naturally. Just look down the list of minerals/vitamins/antioxidants and other nutrients that are contained in fruits and vegetables.

Tomatoes are well-known for their antioxidant properties (lycopene) and cancer-preventing properties. But I can guarantee that you will hardly see any change in your skin (over a long period of time) if you put them on your face. They need to be absorbed properly into the body and transferred along several cells to boost your body's overall health.

Old 04-17-2004, 12:38 PM   #4
    euro18

euro18 HB User

Just to say tomatoes , oranges, lemons etc make my skin WORSE. My body does not seem to tolerate them well and my face gets really RED. If you your face is really red, then stop eating spicay foods and citrus fruits.

Closed Thread