It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Replacement for Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser? (hard to find in my area)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2004, 12:51 AM   #1
    badtzjunk

badtzjunk HB User
    Replacement for Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser? (hard to find in my area)

I currently live in Los Angeles, and I'm unable to find the Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser anymore. They used to have them at Target, but they don't carry it anymore

Instead, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser (fragrance-free, dermotologist recommended on the bottle)..... ??

Any other suitable replacements?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 10:38 AM   #2
    JuneMarie

JuneMarie HB User
    Re: Replacement for Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser? (hard to find in my area)

I'm glad you asked! Johnson and Johnson Head to Toe baby wash has the exact same ingredients, and is a lot cheaper. Smells better, too. I, too, used to use Purpose Moisturizing, but then I compared the ingredients lists, and found out that they're exactly the same, except for the huge price difference. On the bottle of Head to Toe, it even says that you can use it as a facewash for yourself.

JuneMarie

edited to add that both Purpose and Head to Toe are made by Johnson and Johnson. No wonder they are the same!

Last edited by JuneMarie; 04-23-2004 at 10:41 AM.

Old 04-23-2004, 12:42 PM   #3
    badtzjunk

badtzjunk HB User
    Re: Replacement for Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser? (hard to find in my area)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JuneMarie
    I'm glad you asked! Johnson and Johnson Head to Toe baby wash has the exact same ingredients, and is a lot cheaper. Smells better, too. I, too, used to use Purpose Moisturizing, but then I compared the ingredients lists, and found out that they're exactly the same, except for the huge price difference. On the bottle of Head to Toe, it even says that you can use it as a facewash for yourself.

JuneMarie

edited to add that both Purpose and Head to Toe are made by Johnson and Johnson. No wonder they are the same!
    Thanks for the reply JuneMarie.

Have you happened to have tried the Neutrogena Extra Gentle cleanser?

Also, how much more does the Head to Toe cleanser smell compared to the Purpose? Does it have the same texture/consistency?

I really liked the purpose one because it didn't smell, and the texture wasn't too thin or too thick.

Does it have the same gentle, non-abrasive feel?

?

Old 04-24-2004, 08:35 PM   #4
    JuneMarie

JuneMarie HB User

Head To Toe is very nice and non-abrasive. The foam is very gentle and, for lack of a better word, cushiony. It smells like Johnson's Baby shampoo, and the smell is gone after you rinse it off. Very nice product. It's the same as Purpose except for the smell and the color.

Here are the ingredients of Head to Toe. I don't have a bottle of Purpose to compare, but I remember comparing them at the drugstore and being surprised that they are the same.

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG, Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA

I have not tried Neutrogena Extra-Gentle cleanser.

Good luck,
    JM

Old 04-25-2004, 01:15 AM   #5
    vegasgirlkelly

vegasgirlkelly HB User

I also live in L.A. but have never used the foaming Purpose. When I was seeing the dermatolgoist he told me to use the Purpose bar and I've also used the cleanser (is this what you're talking about?). If it is, I know that Target recently redid their displays so maybe it's in a new location.

Closed Thread