It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Starting my 5th Month of Accutane Treatment

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2004, 10:36 PM   #1
    Jason3412

Jason3412 HB User
    Unhappy Starting my 5th Month of Accutane Treatment

I started accutane on January 4th. Its now May 6th. I am happy with the progress I have made with my skin, but not too happy...i'm honestly disappointed at the rate in which the accutane has repaired my skin. I started off with moderate acne, mainly on back, chest, and both sides of my jaw. Considering my acne wasn't too bad before I went on accutane, I thought I would be just about done by now. My face is dry, as everything else, all acne smoothed over except for my 2x/week breakout on my face and back and chest. The chest is what I am VERY disappointed about. I'm a male, and I love the pool, beach, etc. How am I supposed to do any of that with my chest having all these huge red cysts, pimples, etc on it. Face has made great improvement, but chest has not. I'm afraid the doc will keep me on the acctuane all summer. On the other hand, I dont want to stop now because then it will all come back.

I started off taking 40g daily, then 60g daily, now 80g daily for past 2 months. Why is it that the chest takes longer to get better than anything else? Can someone else relate to this?

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2004, 01:29 AM   #2
    Jonesy
    (male)

Jonesy HB User
    Re: Starting my 5th Month of Accutane Treatment

Different for everyone BUT it does continue to improve after you have stopped taking it. Stick with it, I was quite depressed near the end of my treatment too but it carried on working.

Closed Thread