It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Fried Chicken

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-12-2004, 05:17 PM   #1
    Green1
    (male)

Green1 HB User
    Question Fried Chicken

If I brought some fired chicken like Popeyes, or KFC and take the skin off of it would it still cause me to break out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
    basic9

basic9 HB User
    Re: Fried Chicken

Do you mean take the skin off and eat it? Well, I never heard of someone breaking out because of chicken. I definatly dont break out because of chicken and I do eat a lot of chicken I might say. Hmm, I read around that the foods you eat dont have any effect on your face, but the results do vary. Im not sure, many people ask personal questions and looking for answers, every person is different and react differently, so the only person that can help you out the most, is yourself.

Last edited by basic9; 05-12-2004 at 05:27 PM.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #3
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Green1
    If I brought some fired chicken like Popeyes, or KFC and take the skin off of it would it still cause me to break out?
    Hmm if you think what you are eating in KFC is chicken then you have alot to learn about 'real' food. You might discover alot of interesting things if you go do some research into fast 'food'.

Also check out what really goes into a McDonald's chicken burger (or whatever they are called). It contains beef tallow extract and so do the fries.

Why not go buy some organic fillets chicken from a reliable supermarket and cook it yourself. I promise you, you will certainly be able to tell the difference between KFC's version and 'real' chicken not solely via taste but also with the effects on your skin.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:27 PM   #4
    jazmella
    (female)

jazmella HB User

You don't need chicken. Eat some raw vegetables instead. It's much healthier for you than chowing down on dead animals.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:37 PM   #5
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User
    Post Re: Fried Chicken

Wow guys let green 1 eat whatever he or she wants. I don't think you would break out but everyone is differents its true their goal is to make it taste good KFC doesnt care abt ure health. Try it out

Old 05-12-2004, 06:54 PM   #6
    Greeno4England
    (male)

Greeno4England HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiselPower4
    Wow guys let green 1 eat whatever he or she wants.
    Totally agree, leave poor Green1 alone to eat whatever he wants.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:51 PM   #7
    wizzii

wizzii HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by basic9
    Do you mean take the skin off and eat it? Well, I never heard of someone breaking out because of chicken. I definatly dont break out because of chicken and I do eat a lot of chicken I might say. Hmm, I read around that the foods you eat dont have any effect on your face, but the results do vary. Im not sure, many people ask personal questions and looking for answers, every person is different and react differently, so the only person that can help you out the most, is yourself.
    Hi...ummm....the chicken has oil in it...which cause sum people to break out

Old 05-13-2004, 07:08 PM   #8
    CraigTS367

CraigTS367 HB User

Not to change the subject or anything, but just one random question...
    Why is it that someone on this board always has some kind of smart remark for every post? Is it just me noticing this?

Old 05-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #9
    joquiero
    Inactive

joquiero HB User

There is such a split in opinion as to whether diet actually causes skin problems and I've come to the conclusion that it is only an issue for SOME people. I know people who don't work out, drink gallons of soda and eat takeout food for every meal and have flawless skin and yet if I eat a certain way it shows in my skin.

I guess I'm saying, listen to advice on skincare and diet, but ultimately, if it works for you that is the best way to go.

Old 05-14-2004, 11:55 AM   #10
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joquiero
    I know people who don't work out, drink gallons of soda and eat takeout food for every meal and have flawless skin and yet if I eat a certain way it shows in my skin.
    People get confused about this diet-acne connection by saying why are there people out there that can eat and drink whatever they want and still have perfect skin...

Well it's pretty easy to understand and can be summed up as follows: if you are acne-prone then what you eat is likely to be the major factor on your skin BUT if you are not acne-prone then you can eat whatever you want without any skin problems at all.

All of us on this board are acne-prone obviously therefore try the diet exactly as Prometheus has said so and you will see a great change in your skin. Instead of saying: but there is no proven link between diet and acne just give it a try and you will see why so many former acne sufferers stick to such a diet.

Old 05-14-2004, 01:08 PM   #11
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

KFC is deep fried in a pressure cooker of oil. Not only is the skin fatty but the chicken is also.

Closed Thread