It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Electric Shaving Questions...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-13-2004, 11:49 PM   #1
    Varno23

Varno23 HB User
    Electric Shaving Questions...

After using various topicals on my face for the last year, I realize I have to be very careful when it comes to shaving. Skin is sensitive and easily irritated. So thats why I decided to use an electric shaver but Im having a problem that is pretty damn persistant. Perhaps someone here can give me some tips or advice.

Basically, I get these damn whiteheads (very small pimples) near the corners of my mouth and parts of my cheeks everytime after I shave. They dont instantly show up... it usually takes 24 hours (or so) after I shave. I shave about twice a week and with an electric shaver, it isnt as irritating or drying as a regular razor blade. But about 50% of the time, I'll get these small pimples/whiteheads in the same areas and wonder how I can prevent it.

I usually splash some lukewarm water on my face before shaving to soften up the skin. Dry off my skin and then shave. Afterwards, I'll wash with Cetaphil or some mild cleanser and then put on Cetaphil moisturizer. Funny thing is half the time, I wont get whiteheads so it isnt always an issue. But they still show up (as they have today) and I keep wondering, "What the hell?!?"

-Is this razor burn/irritation?

-Should I use an aftershave along with a moisturizer?

-Should I use a different routine or shave with something else?

I love my electric razor but I really want to solve this damn minor problem. Im fighting mild acne as it is... I dont need this to add to it. So if ya got any info at all, I'd very much appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2004, 07:41 AM   #2
    beck3k
    Inactive

beck3k HB User
    Re: Electric Shaving Questions...

I would just pick up a cheap desposable and try that out for a while see what happens.

Closed Thread