It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• anybody use dial soap with vitamins

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2004, 07:39 AM   #1
    queengodiva
    (female)

queengodiva HB User
    anybody use dial soap with vitamins

could anyone tell me what they think of dial soap (antibaterial with vitamins)? I 've heard good things from people on the boards but I also heard you are not supposed to use soap because it clogs your pores. Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
    steven2984us
    (male)

steven2984us HB User
    Re: anybody use dial soap with vitamins

i would never use dial soap or any soap. it would for one make my skin too dry and, yes, it clog your pores. you don't need to get an anti-bacterial soap

Last edited by steven2984us; 05-16-2004 at 10:29 AM.

Old 05-16-2004, 08:54 PM   #3
    GuyWhoLovesLife

GuyWhoLovesLife HB User

I use Dial soap on my face and I hardly ever get any breakouts. Same goes with almost all Dial users....

Old 05-16-2004, 09:19 PM   #4
    tape7

tape7 HB User

All I know is when I finally had to go to a dermatologist at age 13, (34 years ago) for my acne (worst case the dermatologist had seen on a female) along with the 15 treatments I had to go back and get on my face, he said to only wash my face with dial soap. tape 7

Old 05-17-2004, 03:59 AM   #5
    soulman

soulman HB User

TAPE7: Then is the dermatologist right or wrong.....did dial soap helped you after all these years. All I know is that doctors have no idea what they are doing. Not sure about dermatologist yet. Maybe they are just the same.

Old 05-17-2004, 04:19 AM   #6
    Forcefed4

Forcefed4 HB User

I have been using the Dial Vitamins bar soap on my face since last September, so that makes it about 9 months. My face is NOWHERE near as dry as when I used things like Neutrogena liquid, etc to wash my face. All the "facial washes" dried my skin out bad.

Do I think Dial will cure everyone's acne? No. But since mine is basically non-existant now, I don't think it will hurt. Just don't overuse it (or ANY soap for that matter)

Kev

Old 05-17-2004, 10:08 AM   #7
    queengodiva
    (female)

queengodiva HB User

Hi everybody-thanks for all the replies! I was wondering if anyone knows if Dial soap will clog your pores? Mine get clogged fairly easily and I get little bumps from them sometimes, especially from sunscreen or moisturizer. Advice would be most appreciated!!

Old 05-17-2004, 08:57 PM   #8
    tape7

tape7 HB User

Soulman: Yes the dial soap did help, but it was because I had extremely oily skin and dial soap is suppose to be best for drying the skin. The dry ice and alcohol treatments did wonders too. I had the cyst type acne and after the treatments and using the dial soap, my face looked totally different. I still have a breakout now and then, and I just take Doxycycline for a few days, and it clears up. I still think dial soap is the best there is. I've also found that if I get a bad place on my face now, that carmex in the little white tub with the yellow lid, the one that is for cold sores and chapped lips really speeds the healing for some reason. tape7

Old 05-18-2004, 06:56 AM   #9
    tape7

tape7 HB User

Soulman: The dial soap did a lot for me because it is a very drying soap and I have always had very oily skin. I also had those 10 treatment with the dry ice and alcohol and sunlamp treatment. My face showed an amazing difference. I just get an occasional breakout now, but I am 47 years old. I still think dial soap is the best, but I don't know if the anti-bacterial would be good. They didn't have that when I was told to use it back in 1969. tape7

Old 05-18-2004, 08:25 AM   #10
    marzotto
    (female)

marzotto HB User

Queengodiva: I 've been using soap for about three weeks now and I also have skin that clogs easily but I found that for me it didn't make anything worse. The blackheads that I had on my chin are almost gone, I think it really helped. I feel that it gave my skin time to heal itself a bit because I wasn't using any madication. I think that using a toner and a good oil free moisterizer helps in not getting pores clogged. If anything, just try it out for a few days and if you feel good about it keep it up for a while if not stop right away.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:40 PM   #11
    member86
    (female)

member86 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GuyWhoLovesLife
    I use Dial soap on my face and I hardly ever get any breakouts. Same goes with almost all Dial users....
    Me too. I can use just about any soap now without breaking out.

Old 05-19-2004, 04:59 AM   #12
    soulman

soulman HB User

I think if you are not prone to acne, oily, sensitive skin, etc... then soap would not do anything. A normal person with dry skin and are not prone to anything can go for days without having a shower and sleeping in dirt. That's because without oil, the skin would be tough and strong. Maybe you might get a boil. Just look at those people in SURVIVOR. All they get is rashes from insect bites.

The bacteria that cause acne live in everyone's else pores. In people that are not oily, those bacteria does nothing destructive. But with too much oil, those bacteria feed on them and multiply and hence, ouch.

TAPE7: Do you just use those antibiotics short-term for the breakout to disappear. That sounds like a good idea. I got oily skin that are prone to breakouts. I am 24. I am not sure what causes the oily skin. Harsh chemical, abusing your skin with irritants, etc....but hormones is the main culprit. I also know Retin-A and overuse of BHA screw me up completely and make my skin go into oil overdrive. I stopped Retin-A for about 3 years now. Now the sun also has an impact on my skin. They are so sensitive and I burn easily for a dark skin person. I get oilier in the sun than indoors too.

Old 05-19-2004, 07:03 AM   #13
    tape7

tape7 HB User

Soulman: Yes, I just use the antibiotics for 4 or 5 days. My doctor has no problem with prescribing them to me for acne. Some doctors are real strict about giving antibiotics, so I don't know how much trouble you'll have getting them. You're right that hormones have a lot to do with breakouts. I think you have to be extra careful with your skin when you're having a hormone change. I can't use anything harsh either. Most of it burns my skin. I also find that if I try my best not to put my hands near my face during the day, it helps me not to break out. There are so many germs on our hands, it just transfers to your face. When I'm at the computer and sitting here waiting for it to do things, I have a bad habit of resting the left side of my face on my hand, and I have some trouble with that side of my face breaking out. Hope some of this works for you. tape7

Old 05-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #14
    queengodiva
    (female)

queengodiva HB User

I'm so glad to hear so many positive comments on dial!! I have been using it for about 4 day plus an aspirin mask and my skin looks a lot better. I geuss that what's helping. I was on mino and it helped but it gave me huge cysts that I had never had before. Has anyone else had that happen? Does the dial work forever? Or do you develop a tolerance for the anit bacterial? Thanks

Closed Thread