It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Thank You ACCUTANE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2004, 04:49 PM   #1
    TRINITY76

TRINITY76 HB User
    Thank You ACCUTANE

May I share with you my success story? I have only been on ACCUTANE for two monthes but My skin is transforming into the skin I've always wanted, I have mild acne with flare ups and little red spots all over my face, and light acne scarring. My skin is no longer oily I can wear light very light foundation, and the red spots are almost gone. DANCE THE HAPPY JOY JOY DANCE
    I wish I had taken this years ago but the side effects, and the people who told me horror stories made me not take it. I got hardly any side effects other then chap lips and that really it.
    THANK GOD for it. I am forever grateful. This is me..
    I have so much more confidence.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2004, 06:16 PM   #2
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User
    Re: Thank You ACCUTANE

Good for you. Im happy for you.

Old 06-10-2004, 06:35 PM   #3
    Green1
    (male)

Green1 HB User

That's very good news!!!! I don't mean to get you down at all but, even if your skin is clear do you still have to maintain a healthy diet?

Old 06-11-2004, 05:51 AM   #4
    troy_mcClure
    (female)

troy_mcClure HB User

Hey, that sounds great! I'm genuinely happy for you
    I've been on Accutane for 2 weeks now *fingers crossed*

Old 06-11-2004, 07:05 AM   #5
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Trinity,
    I'm so happy for you! I'm halfway through month 3 and could not be happier with Accutane myself. I listened to horror stories too and put off getting Accutane prescribed because of these stories. I wish I didn't listen either.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:26 AM   #6
    soulman

soulman HB User

Fantastic Trinity.
    BTW, how old are you (my guess is 28 because of 76) and how long have you put up with this mild case. Did you try everything before being prescribed with this drug?

Thanks

Old 06-11-2004, 10:40 AM   #7
    Acne Fighter

Acne Fighter HB User

Aw! You are lucky for having clear skin. ENJOY your LIFE!

Old 06-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #8
    TRINITY76

TRINITY76 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soulman
    Fantastic Trinity.
    BTW, how old are you (my guess is 28 because of 76) and how long have you put up with this mild case. Did you try everything before being prescribed with this drug?

Thanks
    I've had it all my stinking life. And noone could help me, not the dr's not the useless medicine they prescribed, and I was so depressed, as an actress I had to get my face clear. Nothing is more embarressing when a director pulls you to the side and tells you, "Your really pretty and can act your butt off but I can't hire you because your skin is so bad" That was when I was 18 I am now 27 and God I wish I had listened to My friend and got accutane then. But I'm happy now, I get complaiments on my skin, and I'm a healthy eater to start with so its all good.

Old 06-13-2004, 01:43 AM   #9
    soulman

soulman HB User

Ahh Trinity...I am in the same situation as you. I am going to be 25 in 3 months time and I got this condition since I was 19. I visit a dermatologist for the first time 2 weeks ago and he said he would give me accutane (oratane) if I choose to take it. Basically the balls in my court. He said he would send out a script upon the receipt of my blood and lipid stuff you have to take for the drug.

My skin is not that bad. The dermatologist described it as mild to moderate. However I have tried numerous prescription medicine. Lately I got 2 painful red pimple that don't have a head. I hate those one because you can't extract and dislodge them out.

So Trinity, did you take accutane (which generic brand)? Also, did you get an initial breakout? The reason why I am not on this drug yet is because I am scared it might do more harm than good in the earlier stages. Good luck with your acting career and update us on your progress with the accutane.

Last edited by soulman; 06-13-2004 at 07:39 AM.

Old 06-14-2004, 05:54 PM   #10
    TRINITY76

TRINITY76 HB User

Quote:
    Ahh Trinity...I am in the same situation as you. I am going to be 25 in 3 months time and I got this condition since I was 19. I visit a dermatologist for the first time 2 weeks ago and he said he would give me accutane (oratane) if I choose to take it. Basically the balls in my court. He said he would send out a script upon the receipt of my blood and lipid stuff you have to take for the drug.

My skin is not that bad. The dermatologist described it as mild to moderate. However I have tried numerous prescription medicine. Lately I got 2 painful red pimple that don't have a head. I hate those one because you can't extract and dislodge them out.

So Trinity, did you take accutane (which generic brand)? Also, did you get an initial breakout? The reason why I am not on this drug yet is because I am scared it might do more harm than good in the earlier stages. Good luck with your acting career and update us on your progress with the accutane.
    Well yes as with anything it gets worse before its better and I had break out for about two weeks and then one morning you wake up and there gone, its amazing.Its worth the few days of break outs to clear your face and get rid of the red dots forever. If you don't take it your face will never heal. Trust me.

Old 06-15-2004, 04:51 AM   #11
    soulman

soulman HB User

Thanks Trinity....Oily skin is my enemy really. Did you try Birth Control pill B4 accutane?

BostonGirl44: how old are you and how's your skin at the moment?

Old 06-15-2004, 07:44 AM   #12
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Thanks Trinity....Oily skin is my enemy really. Did you try Birth Control pill B4 accutane?

BostonGirl44: how old are you and how's your skin at the moment?
    Hi Soulman,

I'm 25 and right now my skin is 100% clear. All through my teens, I had a pimple here and there. When I got to college, I had a little more, but nothing I couldn't keep under control with over the counter products. But when I graduated from college and got my first real job, that's when my face exploded. I wrote it off as stress and tried different antibiotics. Nothing worked and my face was horrendous. After 3 years of suffering from huge cysts, I gave in and made sure Accutane was the best way to go. I wish I didn't wait 3 years to be as happy with my skin as I am now.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:56 PM   #13
    TRINITY76

TRINITY76 HB User

[QUOTE=soulman]Thanks Trinity....Oily skin is my enemy really. Did you try Birth Control pill B4 accutane?

The only thing that works for sure is ACCUTANE birth control does nothing. At least for me

Old 06-16-2004, 05:21 PM   #14
    Alexandra789456

Alexandra789456 HB User

Is that the balki and larry happy joy dance?

Old 06-17-2004, 08:19 AM   #15
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alexandra789456
    Is that the balki and larry happy joy dance?
    LOL!

Closed Thread