It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• accutane and side effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2003, 10:55 AM   #1
    doctoralstudent

doctoralstudent HB User
    Post accutane and side effects

Has anyone out there ever experienced back or spine pain and your diagnosis was osteopenia (bone loss) after taking accutane for pimples? Or maybe you had back pain from accutane with no bone loss. I am 28 years old. I took accutane in 2001, which is a lot of vitamin A. High doses of vitamin A can lead to bone loss. So my bone loss did not happen gradually. I took the accutane for 6 months and the pain started during the first month of taking the drug and it has not stopped. It hurts the worst when I sit or stand for over 15 minutes. I get some relief when I lay down or funny enough walk. Has anyone suffered with this on accutane and after. If so, did your back or bone pain ever get better over the years? What did you do for it. Can someone please help me understand? Thanks so much.

Christy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2003, 10:39 AM   #2
    EMMANUEL
    Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
    My heart goes out to you Christy. I hope you get better. Have you sought help from Dr.'s?

I'm glad that you posted on here, b/c so many people just say, "hey, just go on Accutane." They act as if it's no big deal, when you really need to be aware that for some, it has long-term side effects. I'm not bashing advocates of Accutane, I know it has worked wonders for many, but i'm just saying that people need to be informed before they make their decision.

I hope you get your health back Christy.

Peace

~*Emma*~

Old 03-31-2003, 10:49 AM   #3
    daylight568
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daylight568 HB User
    If you take MSM supplement 2-4 times a day it should eventually make your back pain problem completely go away.It did for me anyway.

Old 03-31-2003, 01:21 PM   #4
    doctoralstudent

doctoralstudent HB User
    dsheldon3

Thanks for replying. I took 1000 mg of MSM for about 2 weeks and then I added glucosamine to it for another two weeks. I have been taking it now for about a month and I am not seeing any improvement. How long did you take it before you saw any results? Should I keep trying it? I have been having this pain for year and half now, 11 months off of accutane. Did you take accutane too? How long did you have back pain? Thanks

Christy

Closed Thread